Discussion: Congress, The Senate, The House of Representatives - Part I

On the one hand we can save a lot of lives and help the sick. One the other hand won't anyone think of the rules!

The IRS has a backlog of tens of millions of people's tax returns not reviewed yet because their total staff - like pretty much every aspect of government - has never kept pace with the growing population of the United States. You have to increase the size of government or else it's shrinking by default relative to the size of the population. Of course cons like it that way and making even the most basic aspects of government less effective.

That 7 Republicans were for the private insurance cap, it makes sense that you should be able to pass it as a bipartisan bill. But, lol.

It’s amazing to me that only one party cares about giving relief to individual Americans while the other thinks corporations will help them, and half the country votes for the latter.

I just with Democrats would do a better job of touting their accomplishments. They passed that huge infrastructure bill and we haven’t heard anything since about how it is being used.

That 7 Republicans were for the private insurance cap, it makes sense that you should be able to pass it as a bipartisan bill. But, lol.

If November turns out to be good for Ds, they will pass a stand-alone one next year.

What kills me as well is that the bill allows Medicare to negotiate better drug prices, which will impact millions of older Americans. Yet older Americans still overwhelmingly vote for Republicans because Democrats don’t tout their accomplishments enough.

It's frustrating that Florida is the number 2 state in Medicare beneficiaries, and they vote in a guy as governor and then senator whose company ran the biggest Medicare fraud in US history.

It's frustrating that Florida is the number 2 state in Medicare beneficiaries, and they vote in a guy as governor and then senator whose company ran the biggest Medicare fraud in US history.

The fact that both Rubio and Scott voted against the $35 cap on insulin for private insurance will be used against them.

Whether it makes the difference if they lose re-election this year and 2024 is yet to be seen. It depends on whether Cuban Republicans like Rubio or cheaper medication better.

There needs to be caps on all live saving/preserving medications. Profiteering off of these medicines and therapies is nothing short of a crime against humanity. And I understand that money is needed for R&D, but if the only way to achieve that is by screwing over the sick our system is broken and needs a serious overhaul.

That’s gonna be an awkward Thanksgiving dinner

It’s amazing to me that only one party cares about giving relief to individual Americans while the other thinks corporations will help them, and half the country votes for the latter.

I just with Democrats would do a better job of touting their accomplishments. They passed that huge infrastructure bill and we haven’t heard anything since about how it is being used.
There's a reason for that. And it's the rason that not huge at all infrastructure bill got passed in the first place. It's a lot of private sector kickbacks, not doing the work you would expect from it. Thus, they're ain't much of anything to tout.

It's like when Republicans tell you they cut taxes, and on the face you might think cool, until you realize it's all for the benefits of their donor and their own businesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"