Discussion: Congress, The Senate, The House of Representatives - Part I

Everyone laughing at McCarthy now: do you really think this is it? He doesn't give a **** if you like him or not. But do you know his name? Of course you do; his loses don't matter; especially in the face of an eventual win.

These monsters are winning the long game. Calling them hypocrites just makes them feel powerful; they love getting away with **** that you and I can't.

McCarthy has been p***y whipped by MAGA—20 of them. 99% of the stuff they campaign on doing (like undoing the Inflation Reduction Act) will fail in the Senate. Whereas the Hunter Biden/Fauci/every D sham investigations will backfire.

The near fistfight last night and the fact it took 15 votes to anoint the Bakersfield idiot as Speaker is gold for 2024 Democratic attack ads.

Last edited:
McCarthy sez.......we support law enforcement and will go after the weaponization of the FBI.

That's going to be as pointless as every other Republican political witch hunt they go on seeing as this time it is actually a witch hunt that will not find anything because nothing they claims exists actually exists.

yeah, just look at all the great work Mayor Pete is doing.
Imagine if he were President with the MAGA insurrectionists, COVID, Republican dysfunction (exacerbating regular government dysfunction) and everything else during Biden's run.

Biden has done better than I expected but I think he could still have done better. Seeing Mayor Pete in charge would have ruined us.

OK.....I've been thinking about this and here's the smart move by the "never" McCarthy people.....hang in there as a group of 6 and nominate Steve (Scumbag) Scalise. I'd vote for the raccoons that @Morg loves so much, but, as a writer, that's the move to make. Damn....I should have worked on scripts rather than have a boring job as an engineer.

love so much?? like hell! :p

I thought this had been settled for a year?
The US will reach the debt limit on January 19 and then “extraordinary measures” will need to be taken, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen wrote in a letter to House Speaker Kevin McCarthy. She said that the Treasury Department will pursue those measures, but they will only last a limited amount of time.

Better to force the issue now than wait until it’s too late with Clown Shoes running the House.

The budget, but not the debt ceiling apparently.

Idiots.
The bill maybe wasn't as omnibus as advertised. If I'm the senate, I pass something immediately as recommended by Treasury and send it to the house, but why this didn't get settled a month ago is beyond me.

The bill maybe wasn't as omnibus as advertised. If I'm the senate, I pass something immediately as recommended by Treasury and send it to the house, but why this didn't get settled a month ago is beyond me.
Because Republicans love chaos and they want to see the government burn at any cost.

Because Republicans love chaos and they want to see the government burn at any cost.
Still a debt ceiling raise should have been put in that bill. I doubt the Senate would have been able to maintain a filibuster over that. It would have been a sure fire political loser.

The Chaos Caucus doesn't care. In fact it's just what they want. :(

Political Wire - The New Republican Tax
Rep. Buddy Carter (R-GA) confirmed to Politico that Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) promised a floor vote on his proposed Fair Tax Act.

The bill abolishes the IRS and streamlines the tax code by replacing income taxes with a national consumption tax.
Sales taxes make the poorest pay the same tax rate as the super rich. It's anti-progressive and additionally can't make up for the massive reduction in revenue that will balloon the deficit and national debt without massive cuts to social services which is what the Republicans want.

Political Wire - The New Republican Tax

Sales taxes make the poorest pay the same tax rate as the super rich. It's anti-progressive and additionally can't make up for the massive reduction in revenue that will balloon the deficit and national debt without massive cuts to social services which is what the Republicans want.
I fail to see this bill passing the senate.

Nothing Republicans try to do to further erode the country is going to pass the Senate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"