Discussion: Feminism and Sexism

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
pbs came out with this test that apparently gauges how much of a feminist and I guess, sexist, you could be.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/are-you-sexist-take-this-quiz/

here's my score

sexism.png

i didn't like a lot of those questions though. they're things i don't really think about.

Last edited:
These personality tests are usually useless. Knowing how to answer is different than actually behaving that way.

Plus some of those questions are tricky. Some women do all the negative things it talks about, but that doesn't mean you think all women do.

Anyway it told me apparently I'm less sexist than the average man.

I don't like the way the questions are phrased though.

I started taking that just the other day, but I bailed when it became apparent how poorly constructed it was.

Really, the whole idea of this format being meaningful at all is silly

I answered every question strongly disagree(because I feel we should base it on an individual by individual case and all those questions were making a rash generalization about women and men in general) and scored 0 on both. So is that good or bad?

The questions basically force you to take the stance that women are either all good or all bad.

Plus some of those questions are tricky. Some women do all the negative things it talks about, but that doesn't mean you think all women do.

Anyway it told me apparently I'm less sexist than the average man.

I don't like the way the questions are phrased though.

Yeah. What exactly does "quality of purity mean"?

Yeah the quiz is rather sexist isn't it. lol

They hardly asked about negative stereotypes that attach themselves to men.

It's pretty easy to "pass." Just choose the top answer for most, if not all, of the questions. However, this quiz is worded poorly and is too black and white.

Why is the title of the thread Feminism and sexism?

It's just weird to have them both in the title....Sexism is so negative.

I saw a woman wearing this exact t-shirt today.

shirt11_grande_grande.jpg

I thought about playing a youtube video of Milo Yiannopoulos talking about feminism as a joke, when I saw lady in that shirt. Figured it could go south pretty bad if she had no sense of humor so didn't do it. ;)

The #nowomanever trend on Twitter is definitely interesting. I've had men follow me to my workplace after my lunch break was over asking for a date. Apparently saying "I'm married" is an invite.

That test is beyond ridiculous.

I viewed a few questions, and the ambiguous nature of test is a fallacy within itself so not taking it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"