Discussion: FOX News II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Evil

Eternal
Reaction score
They are father and son? I did not know that.

I just wanna make sweet love to Patti Ann Browne....aka The Notorious PAB

I think Palin is delusional enough to run again.

I don't know. She's eventually quit. As soon as she gets such hard questions, like, what newspapers do you read, she'll drop out.

They are father and son? I did not know that.

Yeah, I don't know much about Mike Wallace, but I thought he was a real journalist. Chris Wallace is a Fox hack. It's a shame.

I am surprised nobody anywhere has said 'Faux News'.

Which makes me wonder why nobody has said it.

it also doesn't apply.....all of the big cable channels report the news with a slant....Fox just sticks out because most the media leans left so anyone that doesn't will stick out that much more

and apparently it resonates as they smash most every other cable news network, in terms of viewership

As I've always said, my issue with FOX News is not the slant, it's the tagline. If FOX News dropped the 'fair and balanced' tagline, they would face far less criticism. (From myself included.)

Yeah but every other major news outlet with bias doesn't say 'Unfair and Slanted'. MSNBC's tagline isn't 'Your Source for Liberal News', NBC's or CBS's doesn't say 'Left of Center News for Americans'.

Yeah but every other major news outlet with bias doesn't say 'Unfair and Slanted'. MSNBC's tagline isn't 'Your Source for Liberal News', NBC's or CBS's doesn't say 'Left of Center News for Americans'.

MSNBC goes with "First for Politics", which I kind of chuckle at

press hasn't been free in quite some time...unless you count PBS

it also doesn't apply.....all of the big cable channels report the news with a slant....Fox just sticks out because most the media leans left so anyone that doesn't will stick out that much more

and apparently it resonates as they smash most every other cable news network, in terms of viewership

I think Fox sticks out because not only are they biased--they actually make news, thereby killing much of their credibility. The April 15th Tax Rallies of 2009 that really kicked off the Tea Party movement was endorsed and mostly drummed up by Fox with it being one of their business newsmen's ideas (I forget which) and was then led by Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and Newt Gingrich forming rallies across the country.

Then there is 9/12.

Then there is "Restoring America's Honor" on the 47th anniversary of MLK's "I have a Dream" march.

Then there is the fact that Fox News has been caught red-handed dozens of times doctoring videos or selectively editing them to make Democrats look worse or actually using stock video to bolster the image of the Tea Party movement.

Then there is the fact that NewsCorp, Fox's parent company, gave $1 million to the Republican Governors' Association.

Then there's the fact that four likely GOP presidential candidates work for Fox.

And before you say they aren't currently running--ask yourself how you would have felt that if in 2007, MSNBC paid Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, and Joe Biden as contractually obligated on air personalities? I know, three of them actually had real jobs at the time as senators, but you know what I mean.

Fox has taken "bias" to a whole new level. I think Obama was on the money when he said they are in the vein of William Hearst. After WWII there was this short stint of objective, impartial professional journalism that lasted from the 1950s to about the 1990s. The peaks being when Edward R. Murrow brought down the fraud Joe McCarthy and his HUAC Committee and when Woodward and Bernstein uncovered Watergate.

We're returning to the days of sensationalist, yellow journalism that does not count for much and fails its duty to democracy, I am afraid to say.

Last edited:
And before you say they don't run--ask yourself how you would have felt that if in 2007, MSNBC paid Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, and Joe Biden as contractually obligated on air personalities? I know, three of them actually had real jobs at the time as senators, but you know what I mean.

sadly, I would have seen it as "business as usual"

Fox has taken "bias" to a whole new level. I think Obama was on the money when he said they are in the vein of William Hearst. After WWII there was this short stint of objective, impartial professional journalism that lasted from the 1950s to about the 1990s. The peaks being when Edward R. Murrow brought down the fraud Joe McCarthy and his HUAC Committee and when Woodward and Bernstein uncovered Watergate.

We're returning to the days of sensationalist, yellow journalism that does not count for much and fails its duty to democracy, I am afraid to say.

agreed

I don't mind that theres a network with a bias out there. I do agree with Marx in saying that if they removed "Fair and Balanced" they would probably face less scrutiny. What I have a massive problem with is lying. I don't it when a news source heavily edits a video or an interview to fit their narrative. Many times I've found FOX editing videos that are actually counter to their agenda and they "trim the fat" to fit their view point and then pass it off as the truth. They keep stirring up fear for the sake of ratings and voters. Democrats and really all that different, I've seen evidence of them doing similar things. But the scale that FOX does it on is just revolting. It's wrong, but as Obama pointed out, its their constitutional right.

The April 15th Tax Rallies of 2009 that really kicked off the Tea Party movement was endorsed and mostly drummed up by Fox with it being one of their business newsmen's ideas (I forget which) and was then led by Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity and Newt Gingrich forming rallies across the country.

Umm...that would be Rick Santelli, on-air editor of CNBC...

When Jon Stewart was on, David Letterman said that Glenn Beck was similar in many ways to pro wrestling manager Bobby Heenan and even had a picture comparison of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"