Discussion: FOX News II

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're welcome" is his way of saying F*** you. I love it.

That was even better than when Ben Stein told a Fox bunch that the wealthy should indeed pay more taxes.

So I just overheard about 5 minutes of The O'Reilly Factor. Apparently, Christianity isn't a religion, it's a philosophy.

:dry:

So I just overheard about 5 minutes of The O'Reilly Factor. Apparently, Christianity isn't a religion, it's a philosophy.

:dry:

Are you talking about that "interview" with the atheist guy? Bill O'Reilly was so rude to his guest by calling him names, shouting, and not even having the respect to counter the guy's claims with facts or even rational answers.

It was clear that O'Reilly only had the atheist on to berate him and not have an actual discussion on the topic.

People like O'Reilly, Hannity, and other Tea Baggers cite the legitimacy of celebrating Christmas from a historical perspective or using the Constitution but they have no idea what the facts are. Early on in American history Christmas and Christianity was in most cases banned.

There was a great segment The Daily Show did to show how stupid the American historical argument for Christmas is.

That's kind of the point of O'Reilly and other Fox pundits. They're not there to have a serious discussion, they're there to push an ideology.

I remember half watching O'Reilly once and he stated that Bush was the most admired man in the country. This was when Bush was polling in the 30's. I thought either the country's population shrank over night or someone is lying.

The other thing that cracks me up about Fox News is that they are always talking about media bias. They are also always telling us that Fox News is the most watched network.

So if they are the most watched network and there is media bias, doesn't that mean that the majority of the bias is coming from them? Also, how can the Liberals then be so influential to corrupt America?

They push the media bias angle because it gives their viewers an excuse not to watch the other channels and blow off anything they say. Even after a bunch of studies come out showing Fox viewers know the least about modern news events, they just ignore those studies too since you know, some LIBERAL COLLEGE probably did them.

But yeah it's funny since they're the most watched news network.

But yeah it's funny since they're the most watched news network.

Well cable network. ABC, CBS and NBC nightly news generally get like 6-10M viewers(Bill O'Reilly which is the stations highest rated program on average gets 3M)

It's not hard to see why FOX does better then CNN or MSNBC, they basically pander to an audience that doesn't have elsewhere to get their reporting style. In the case of MSNBC and CNN they are somewhat competing against eachother and you could probably add stuff like John Stewart/Colbert or Bill Maher cutting into their viewership. Personally I am surprised their hasn't been another company that looks at FOX and says hey if we can start a Conservative News Network and eat up 1/3 of Fox's viewership we will do pretty well.

Beyond that I am surprised somebody in the Republican party hasn't pushed somebody to create a a conservative Latino News Network(maybe it's not highly profitable but they probably could make a little extra, but I think it could do wonders for the Republican party. Would make much more sense then dumping all the cash they did into Superpacs)

Last edited:
Well cable network. ABC, CBS and NBC nightly news generally get like 6-10M viewers(Bill O'Reilly which is the stations highest rated program on average gets 3M)

It's not hard to see why FOX does better then CNN or MSNBC, they basically pander to an audience that doesn't have elsewhere to get their reporting style. In the case of MSNBC and CNN they are somewhat competing against eachother and you could probably add stuff like John Stewart/Colbert or Bill Maher cutting into their viewership. Personally I am surprised their hasn't been another company that looks at FOX and says hey if we can start a Conservative News Network and eat up 1/3 of Fox's viewership we will do pretty well.

Beyond that I am surprised somebody in the Republican party hasn't pushed somebody to create a a conservative Latino News Network(maybe it's not highly profitable but they probably could make a little extra, but I think it could do wonders for the Republican party. Would make much more sense then dumping all the cash they did into Superpacs)

It could only work if it's a real conservative Latino news network that reports on Latino issues from a Latin point of view but most likely it will just turn into old white conservatives feeding taking points to Latino employee news.

you would think, after the other guest called them on their BS, they would screen their guests a little better. But, you would be wrong. The priest nails them!

you would think, after the other guest called them on their BS, they would screen their guests a little better. But, you would be wrong. The priest nails them!

Wow, what great and thoughtful points the Father made. Only to be belittled at the end by the idiot hosts.

Wow, what great and thoughtful points the Father made. Only to be belittled at the end by the idiot hosts.
Especially the one that had to throw out the, "Happy Hanukkah" at the end.

"If there is a small town in the United States that is like, 90% Muslim, they should have the right in the courthouse to have an expression of their Islamic faith. Absolutely. For sure."

You could almost picture the panic of the anchors signaling to the crew off-camera "CUT FEED! CUT THE MUTHAF**KIN' FEED!" when the priest said that. :lmao:

That priest is on there all the time. I remember one discussion/interview where he completely sidestepped the question of Adam and Eve and the incest that must have followed. It was hilarious.

But good for him in this case. That made me happy.

That priest is on there all the time. I remember one discussion/interview where he completely sidestepped the question of Adam and Eve and the incest that must have followed. It was hilarious.

But good for him in this case. That made me happy.

Oh yeah, he is on there a lot.....he's a big advocate against Obamacare, but I have to agree with him, this whole "O'Reilly and the War On Christmas" is just silly. Call the damn tree whatever you want to call it. When I see people I say..."Merry Christmas" if they want to say "Happy Holidays" so be it.....

But hey, it makes for great ratings on O'Reilly so more power to him I guess.....who cares.

She just didn't sign a new contract.

I know. I'm just hoping this means she'll go back to Alaska and stay there.

I hope she disappears, like the money in the government's treasury.

I know. I'm just hoping this means she'll go back to Alaska and stay there.

She's pretty much done that, thank goodness.

I hope she disappears, like the money in the government's treasury.

Ooooohhhhh, buuurrrnnn. Take that US....wait.....

Given that I don't watch Fox, outside of occasionally watching to see their reaction on huge stories, Palin has been irrelevant to me for awhile. Hearing that it's official is nice though. Why she was ever considered leadership of the country material is still beyond me.

Women becoming the bread winners...

That might seem emasculating at first, but I think most men will get over it when their wives buy a hot tub or a plasma screen TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"