Discussion: FOX News II

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dr. Evil, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destructus86

Destructus86 Well-Known Member

So, your way of thinking is right and everyone else is wrong. Maybe you should move to China?

2. OstrichsRevenge

OstrichsRevenge Well-Known Member

Well, creationism is wrong, period. That's not just me, that's logic.

But, no, did I say anywhere that my way of thinking is right? I commented on how disrespecting religion is fine with me because of how disrespectful the religious have been for centuries. This picture sums it up nicely:

[​IMG]

3. Doctor Evo

Doctor Evo Well-Known Member

Agreed, but that's not really what we're talking about here. Religion and creationism aren't necessarily the same thing.

What good does this do? What does it solve? What is the end-game here?

All you're doing is perpetuating a stereotype. This childish "eye for an eye" attitude does more harm than good. It is an entirely fruitless endeavor.

4. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

No need for this whatsoever, keep the posts to your opinion of the issues, not the poster please...you don't have to agree with them, but disagreeing does not mean disrespecting.

5. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

No, Creationism is not a part of our Science TEKS at any grade level in the State of Texas.

I am a Christian, no I'm not religious, I actually don't really like organized religion.

Your life would be just fine as an Atheist in Houston.

Have you ever been to a Free Thought Convention? In 2011, it was here in Texas, Houston to be exact. : )

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  6. OstrichsRevenge

Not necessarily, when you're fighting for certain rights. I've read stories of people being harassed and frightened out of their communities for coming out as an atheist. That doesn't mean they should do the same to the religious, but it does mean that the strangehold religion has on some parts of the Americas needs to be loosened. Religion should never dictate policy or be an integral part of the government. It should remain neutral. Any swing to either side should be fought against for the sake of equality.

The live and let live mantra only works when the other side feels the same way.

7. DeGenerate10

DeGenerate10 Br Ba

I never understood why people complain about Christians being I guess deadset in their ways then they do the same exact thing with Atheism.

8. Doctor Evo

Doctor Evo Well-Known Member

Right, but we're talking about methods for effecting change. You still haven't explained how retaliatory hostility will further your cause. I think it's self-evident that it negatively influences public perception, thereby increasing resistance.

I'm not talking about live and let live. At all.

9. OstrichsRevenge

Wouldn't doing anything be considered retaliatory hostility? Any fight back from Atheists would be considered "hostile" to whom we're fighting against, no?

But please, indulge me, how would you effect change?

10. OstrichsRevenge

It depends on what you're talking about. Being deadset in things like gay marriage and abortion becomes unconstitutional eventually. The only thing Atheists are dead set for is not believing in any gods.

11. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

http://www.carbonated.tv/news/reza-aslans-zealot-now-1-on-amazon-after-nightmare-fox-news-interview

Well looks like that interviewed helped him out alot. lol

12. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/foreign-policy/war-terror/fox-news-attacks-anthony-weiners-wife-huma-abedin-video

So Fox News gets a story they can point their finger at and say look at those silly liberals and they turn it into a wacky conspiracy theory discussion. I just love Hannity's "that's a good point" comment

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  13. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

Although I think the whole Muslim Brotherhood thing is ridiculous, it (Huma standing by her man) is IMO, the real story...and one that Hillary wishes would go away. lol

I have no clue why people are so up in arms about Weiner....he said when he first said he was running for mayor that more would come out. SURPRISE....more came out. : )

14. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

Like I said Fox News gets a story on a silver platter and they just completely make themselves look ridiculous. There is so many ways you can make Democrats look bad and tie this to the Clintons(sex scandals, Huma worked for Hillary, etc) without trying to link Huma to Muslim terrorists, yet they can resist playing on the most extreme story that has no factual basis behind it

I thought the whole Huma works for Muslim terrorist was a story a year ago that got shot down by most level headed people in the Republican party after Bachmann was pushing it, but I guess Fox thinks it's a good story to try fear their 65+ viewership with

15. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

Yeah, they have totally missed the real story, IMHO.

16. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ma-muslim-museum-connection-no-surprise-here/

[YT]V-bHEF6goF4[/YT]

17. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Well-Known Member

Oh FOX news you so crazy

18. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

John Stewart covered this but I found it funny

http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2013/12/02/3009111/fox-news-fond-muslims-participating-sports/

19. The Question

The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Watching Fox and Friends really feels like attending a Klan rally at times.

20. Snow Queen

EDIT: Wrong thread.

21. Joshua_B

Joshua_B Well-Known Member

I love how people pretend that only Christians and conservatives impose agendas on people, when the truth is that everyone does in a discussion. I don't regularly watch any news programs anymore, but Fox News tends to be a lot less depressing than CNN or the rest.

22. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

And watching CNN or MSNBC is like listening to a bunch of lobotomy patients.

23. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

Then why are you still watching it, TQ?

I've always wondered, if Fox News is a laugable station, why do they keep claiming to be the "Number 1 Name in News?" :confused:

24. The Question

The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

I'm not. I really don't watch much TV at all. But I have seen it in the past and a lot of the time that's the feeling I got.

Because that's something you do to get people to watch your stuff. It's basic advertising.

25. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

Because in terms of cable news stations they have the most viewers, so why not brag about it. If you look at the numbers at their best time of the day(Bill O'Reilly) they basically have 1% of the country watching(3M viewers). All that being said they would be the #1 name in cable news since the main networks(NBC, CBS, ABC) generally get 6-10M viewers for their evening News programs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.