Discussion: FOX News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Savage is a disgusting, hateful person.

I figured that out when I listened to his show for the first and last time in 2004.

Savage was talking about a homosexual who had raped and murdered a child.

A caller called in and asked, "how do we know all homosexuals don't act like this?"

To which Savage responded, "I'm just gonna come out and say it: Homosexuals will rape and murder your children. That's one more reason to be afraid of them" or something to that end.

I was utterly disgusted.

I figured that out when I listened to his show for the first and last time in 2004.

Savage was talking about a homosexual who had raped and murdered a child.

A caller called in and asked, "how do we know all homosexuals don't act like this?"

To which Savage responded, "I'm just gonna come out and say it: Homosexuals will rape and murder your children. That's one more reason to be afraid of them" or something to that end.

I was utterly disgusted.

There is no room for Savage on this world.

Global Warming is not a fact. Al Gore did exaggerate and misrepresent climate change in his documentary. His graphs were skewed.

Again, you said LIES - not issues you disagree with. Unless, of course, you view a lie as something other than what it is?

What are your thoughts on Keith Olbermann?
*Sigh* I've said all I want to say about global warming and Al Gore in this thread. We can get into your OPINION that global warming is not a fact later in another thread.

As for Keith, I like him. Now I guess you are going to post some lies you think he's said in the past. Well as Bush once said to the terrorists... Bring it on. It won't change my opinion of him as I'm sure my posting lies that Beck said didn't change your opinion of him, But if it will make you feel better, Well knock yourself out. I won't argue with you. :cwink::woot:

Number 3 Radio Show, Number 2 show on Headline News.
Could you show me where you got those figures? I'm not saying that you are wrong, You might be right, But everwhere I've looked has said that his TV show ratings haven't been that great.

I just want to know where you found those numbers.

As for Keith, I like him. Now I guess you are going to post some lies you think he's said in the past. Well as Bush once said to the terrorists... Bring it on. It won't change my opinion of him as I'm sure my posting lies that Beck said didn't change your opinion of him, But if it will make you feel better, Well knock yourself out. I won't argue with you. :cwink::woot:

I did, if only slightly, damage my opinion of Beck - but if you aren't going to argue, then I see no fun can be had :csad::woot:

If the reports come from respected scientists who have nothing to gain by saying that global warming is real, then yes in my opinion they are more trustworthy.

Have you ever heard of grant money? Do you understand what a big business global warming is in the scientific community, right now? :huh:

C_1416552197.jpg

Take your pick, It's full of lies and half-truths.

what's not true in it?

what's not true in it?
*sigh* Alright look Sparky, I know it's hard for you to keep up but do try. We've been over this already, Go back and read. If you don't like what I said, too bad. I'm not going over it again.:whatever:

From Glenn Beck's Blog:

Editor's note: "Glenn Beck" is on Headline News nightly at 7 and 9 ET.
Glenn Beck says a lower corporate income tax will help bring businesses to the United States.

corner_wire_BL.gif

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Ah, tax day. The day that we all get together to give our money to an organization that none of us believe actually deserves it.
It's the day we all fund thousands of services that don't really work and that most of us will never use -- like we're overpaying for a mediocre meal at a restaurant where we don't even get to eat it.
It's the day we hope and pray to regain ownership of a small percentage of our own money that was taken from us, and that somehow makes us happy. Not surprisingly, only the threat of prison convinces us to continue to participate.
It's a process so unpopular that even politicians, who want nothing more than to spend your money, will all act like they feel your pain.
Republicans say they will cut taxes for everyone and occasionally they do it. Of course, they don't combine that with a cut in spending, so it's like they stop punching you with their left hand and continue with their right.
Democrats don't even bother to hide their love for spending -- at least not well. They just say all those lucky rich people and evil companies will pay the bills. Being lucky, rich, evil and a company, I really hate tax day.
However, I'm a little unsure which approach is better. Democrats burst through the front door of our convenience store with a gun and tell us to empty the contents of our cash register into their little bag with the dollar signs on it.
Republicans walk through the store and smile at us while shoplifting furiously when we turn our backs. When we catch them on surveillance cameras, they just claim they learned their lesson and won't do it next time. Either way I'm being ripped off, and both parties seem to have the attitude that we should be lucky they graced the store with their presence.

Tax day is truly the lone bipartisan day of the year. We all hate it equally. It's a day that liberals can agree with Ronald Reagan, who said, "High taxes and excess spending growth created our present economic mess. More of the same will not cure the hardship, anxiety and discouragement it has imposed on the American people."
It is also a day when conservatives can agree with John F. Kennedy, who said, "I see no magic in tax dollars which are sent to Washington and then returned. I abhor the waste and incompetence of large-scale federal bureaucracies...."
So, in the spirit of bipartisanship, let me attempt one simple tax policy argument. Lower the corporate income tax.
It's something -- and probably the only thing -- that former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney and Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-New York, actually agree on. But what makes it so important is the rest of the world agrees on it, too. In a global economy, companies can locate themselves wherever they want. They will set up shop wherever it's easiest to do business. That's also where they will pay most of their taxes and hire thousands of workers.
If you have to make the decision on where to do business, would you choose the country that, according to the Tax Foundation, features the highest corporate state and federal tax in the developed world? I doubt it.
The World Bank and PricewaterhouseCoopers just finished their report studying the burden that businesses face by various tax systems. In what it calls the "ease" of paying taxes, we ranked 76th out of 178 countries overall. That's not good.
Unless, of course, you happen to think "good" is being significantly behind the Sudan and Rwanda. We're also three slots behind Palau, which is apparently a country. Who knew? In fact, we're close to 40 slots behind the two countries we're in the middle of trying to free: Iraq and Afghanistan.
Our total tax rate, which includes all taxes paid by a company -- federal, state, property taxes, etc. -- is a literally insane 46.2 percent, ranking us behind 101 countries overall. How do we possibly expect to compete on the global scale when Borat's home country is 44 slots ahead of us?
Certainly, corporate tax code isn't the only thing attracting business. I doubt there will be a rush of corporate activity in the Sudan after this column. But it's important enough that around the world, the study found 65 countries have improved their tax system in the last three years alone, with the lowering of corporate income tax being the most popular improvement.
I am aware that arguing for a tax cut for companies may seem counterintuitive to some, with all the economic problems "Main Street" is feeling at the moment. But that's exactly why we need it so badly. Now is not the time to chase away the companies that employ us.
Whether you agree or not with the corporate tax cut, you probably at least think you're paying too much. For everyone else, the U.S. Government has created a solution. In 1843, an account was set up to accept additional money, to be considered an unconditional gift to the government. Here is their address:

Gifts to the United States
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Credit Accounting Branch
3700 East-West Highway, Room 6D17
Hyattsville, Maryland 20782​

I'm sure the checks will be pouring in.​

Here is Sean Hannity's Top 10 items for victory that he says Republicans or Conservatives alike should dedicate themselves to. Something they can dedicate themselves to. I thought this was interesting. (My comments are in red)

Hannity's Top 10 Items for Victory

1) To be the Candidate of National security:
a) Victory in Iraq
b) Fully support NSA, Patriot act, tough interrogations, keeping Gitmo open
I find many items of the Patriot Act simply unconstitutional.
Honestly, I would like to say to others...we dont torture
Gitmo...honestly have no decision on that one.

c) A Candidate that pledges to NOT demean our military while they are fighting for their Country. eg Harry Reid: "the surge has failed", "the war is lost"
I can agree to this
d) Candidate that promises to ensure that our veterans can live out their lives in dignity.
Absolutely

2) The Candidate who pledges to oppose Appeasement:
a) The Candidate will oppose any and all efforts to negotiate with dictators of the world in places like Iran, Syria, N.Korea, Cuba, and Venezuela without "pre-conditions"
Absolutely

3) The Candidate Pledges to support Tax CUTS, and fiscal responsibility:
a) The American people are NOT under taxed, Government Spends too much
Absolutely - fair tax here we come
b) The Candidate who Pledges to ELIMINATE and VOTE AGAINST ALL Earmarks
c) The Candidate pledges to BALANCE the budget

4) The Candidate Pledges to be a supporter of "Energy Independence"
a) supports Immediate drilling in Anwar and the 48 states
its needed
b) Building new refineries
its needed
c) Begin building and using Nuclear Facilities
its needed
d) expand coal mining
its needed
e) realistic steward of the environment while simultaneously working with private industry to develop the new energy technologies for the future, with the goal being that America becomes completely energy independent within the next 15 years.
absolutely

5) The Candidate pledges to secure our borders completely within 12 months:
a) build all necessary fences
Not sure if a "fence" is what is needed
b) use all available technology to help and support agents at the border
Absolutely
c) train and hire agents as needed
Absolutely

6) Healthcare:
The Candidate will look for Free-Market solutions to the problems facing the Healthcare industry, and will vigorously oppose any efforts to "nationalize healthcare".
a) The Candidate will fight for Individual health savings accounts, that includes "catastrophic insurance" for every American, so people can control their own healthcare choices.
Absolutely

7) Education:
a) The Candidate pledges to "save" American children from the failing educational system
Absolutely, but how
b) The Candidate will fight to break the unholy alliance of the Democratic party and teachers unions, which at best has institutionalized mediocrity, and has failed children across the country
Good luck
c) fight for "CHOICE" in education and let parents decide
Honestly, not sure how I feel on this one
d) fight for vouchers for parents
Honestly, not sure how I feel on this one

8) Social Security and Medicare:
a) The Candidate will "save" social security and medicare from bankruptcy.
good luck!
b) Options will include "private retirement" funds so people can "control" their own destiny.
explain please

9) Judges
a) The Candidate vows to support ONLY judges who recognize that their job is to interpret the Constitution, and NOT legislate from the bench.
legislating from the bench CAN BE simply interpretting the Constitution, so this is to me a play on words. But I understand what he is going for.

10) American Dream:
The Candidate accepts as their duty and responsibility to educate, inform, and remind people that with the blessings of Freedom comes a Great responsibility. That Government's primary goal is to preserve, protect and defend our God given gift of freedom.

That Government's do not have the ability to solve all of our problems, and to take away all of our fears and concerns. We need their pledge that we will be the candidate that promotes Individual liberty, Capitalism, a strong national defense and will support policies that encourage such...

It is our fundamental belief that limited Government, and Greater individual responsibility will insure the continued prosperity and success for future generations.

We the people who believe in the words of Ronald Reagan, that we are "the best last hope for man on this earth," "a shining city on a hill," and that our best days are before us if our Government will simply trust the American people.

This is a great post, thanks for sharing that. I agree with that. The Education Pledge, basically is Introduce and Maintain Competition in the Education System. Great Idea, Plus, love the shout out for the FairTax!

We the people who believe in the words of Ronald Reagan, that we are "the best last hope for man on this earth," "a shining city on a hill," and that our best days are before us if our Government will simply trust the American people.
Oh, I get it. We're supposed to carry on the legacy of international arrogance that has made us SO popular around the world.

Why am I suddenly reminded of Team America: World Police?

What I want to know is, why does Malice say, "Republicans or Conservatives alike?"

Is it simply to encompass non-Republican conservatives? Or was he trying to refer to the Right and the Left, and did he simply mis-type?

No, there is a difference between being Republican and Conservative.

Plus FR, this is NOT propaganda, look up the meaning of the word.

I can't take any list seriously if the author says that a candidate has to oppose "appeasement."

Because I'm pretty sure neither candidate plans to hand land to the Iranians or any other country so they can expand their evil empire.

It never ceases to amaze me how ignorant some people truly are.

Sean Hannity is a huge, huge idiot.
it has nothing to do with the fact that he a right wing shill mind you, just the fact that he indeed is an idiot. I mean "demean our military"? that's ridiculous. if a "surge" fails it's not the military that failed it's the leaders, and this moron is brainwashing other gullible fools into thinking that criticizing the leaders is the same as criticizing the people they lead.

sad really, all that " realistic steward of the environment" while saying stuff like opening nuclear reactors (look up how clean those are ) and free market solutions to healthcare, it's like a GOP checklist.

Sean Hannity is a huge, huge idiot.
it has nothing to do with the fact that he a right wing shill mind you, just the fact that he indeed is an idiot. I mean "demean our military"? that's ridiculous. if a "surge" fails it's not the military that failed it's the leaders, and this moron is brainwashing other gullible fools into thinking that criticizing the leaders is the same as criticizing the people they lead.

I wholeheartedly agree. Saying "the surge isn't working" is not a criticism of the troops in combat. It's a criticism of military policy.

Saying "the war is lost" is not a criticism of our troops. It's voicing the concern that there's no way we can logically win in Iraq.

If someone said "Those troops are heartless baby killers!" or "the troops are screwing up!" then I could see why Hannity would have a rational argument.

But no one in Congress or nation politics is saying such a thing.

All that serves to do is paint a picture that Democrats don't want the United States to win, that we want our troops to fail and that we don't care about the brave men and women who have sacrificed more than enough to carry out a war many of us disagree with. This is horse**** in its purest form. This sort of divisive, dishonest poltics is why the GOP is becoming an endangered species.

I wholeheartedly agree. Saying "the surge isn't working" is not a criticism of the troops in combat. It's a criticism of military policy.

Saying "the war is lost" is not a criticism of our troops. It's voicing the concern that there's no way we can logically win in Iraq.

If someone said "Those troops are heartless baby killers!" or "the troops are screwing up!" then I could see why Hannity would have a rational argument.

But no one in Congress or nation politics is saying such a thing.

All that serves to do is paint a picture that Democrats don't want the United States to win, that we want our troops to fail and that we don't care about the brave men and women who have sacrificed more than enough to carry out a war many of us disagree with. This is horse**** in its purest form. This sort of divisive, dishonest poltics is why the GOP is becoming an endangered species.

The largest issue for me where this is concerned is that our own country's leaders and media are undermining the efforts in Iraq. Back in WWII, you didn't hear the media saying 'we lost the war' when it sure as hell looked very bad for us. Whether you agree with the war or not, this is about our COUNTRY - not YOUR opinion. It's about patriotism and pulling together in the face of adversity - not deliberately doing or saying things that can and will destroy the morale of our fighting forces. How do you think a marine out in the field, fighting for his life, feels when he hears on the radio that Ted Kennedy or some other ignorant politician says 'we've lost the war'?

Think about it. You don't see other nations deliberately undermining their own war efforts by sensationalizing their political views in the media.

I'm not saying that everyone should shut up and refrain from criticizing or weighing in with an opinion, but you also have to admit that virtually all criticism with respect to 'losing the war' is WAY premature, and the only reason anyone would pull that line out of the hat at this stage is to make a political statement, and THAT is what Hannity is pointing out.

The largest issue for me where this is concerned is that our own country's leaders and media are undermining the efforts in Iraq. Back in WWII, you didn't hear the media saying 'we lost the war' when it sure as hell looked very bad for us. Whether you agree with the war or not, this is about our COUNTRY - not YOUR opinion. It's about patriotism and pulling together in the face of adversity - not deliberately doing or saying things that can and will destroy the morale of our fighting forces. How do you think a marine out in the field, fighting for his life, feels when he hears on the radio that Ted Kennedy or some other ignorant politician says 'we've lost the war'?

Think about it. You don't see other nations deliberately undermining their own war efforts by sensationalizing their political views in the media.

I'm not saying that everyone should shut up and refrain from criticizing or weighing in with an opinion, but you also have to admit that virtually all criticism with respect to 'losing the war' is WAY premature, and the only reason anyone would pull that line out of the hat at this stage is to make a political statement, and THAT is what Hannity is pointing out.

I strongly disagree with you. What you're saying is the type of jingoistic nonsense which comes out of the right's mouth on a daily basis in regards to this war.

Saying that I disagree with this war is not undermining my country. I disagreed with it six years ago, when the first rumblings of a war with Iraq were underway. I disagreed with it after the resolution to send us off to war was passed, and I disagreed with it when we started bombing Baghdad.

I have a right to disagree with it. And others have a right to criticize it.

It's that criticism which receives attention, it's that criticism which makes people question the validity of the Bush administration and its reasons for declaring an unnecessary war in the first place. It's that criticism which makes professionals investigate the behavior of this administration, and that criticism brings into light the numerous failures which occurred as a result of the war in Iraq.

Without this criticism, we would be blindly supporting a war due to dishonest purposes. Patriotism is great, but you know what-- being a patriot isn't confined to what you think. Being a patriot is about how much you love your country.

I love this country. I can't imagine wanting to live anywhere else. But I disagree with what this country has done in the past six years. I disagree with the direction the U.S. has taken, and I'm tired of it. As are two thirds of the American people.

If everyone agreed about everything, this would be a one-sided, totalitarian society. I disagree with that.

Finally, if you want to talk about sensationalism, both sides can be accused of it. Look at Jessica Lynch, for example, and you'll see how the right has manipulated Rambo-style tales for their own advantage. Look at how the Bush administration has forbidden news agencies from taking photos of coffins as they come back from Iraq. Look at how we are being denied such information. Look at the President standing in front of a banner which read "Mission Accomplished" before declaring the end of "major" combat missions in Iraq. The argument can be made that both sides are undermining the war. I agree with that logic more than "well, the left is undermining it because they disagree with the war."

Stupid.

I strongly disagree with you. What you're saying is the type of jingoistic nonsense which comes out of the right's mouth on a daily basis in regards to this war.

Saying that I disagree with this war is not undermining my country. I disagreed with it six years ago, when the first rumblings of a war with Iraq were underway. I disagreed with it after the resolution to send us off to war was passed, and I disagreed with it when we started bombing Baghdad.

I have a right to disagree with it. And others have a right to criticize it.

It's that criticism which receives attention, it's that criticism which makes people question the validity of the Bush administration and its reasons for declaring an unnecessary war in the first place. It's that criticism which makes professionals investigate the behavior of this administration, and that criticism brings into light the numerous failures which occurred as a result of the war in Iraq.

Without this criticism, we would be blindly supporting a war due to dishonest purposes. Patriotism is great, but you know what-- being a patriot isn't confined to what you think. Being a patriot is about how much you love your country.

I love this country. I can't imagine wanting to live anywhere else. But I disagree with what this country has done in the past six years. I disagree with the direction the U.S. has taken, and I'm tired of it. As are two thirds of the American people.

If everyone agreed about everything, this would be a one-sided, totalitarian society. I disagree with that.

Finally, if you want to talk about sensationalism, both sides can be accused of it. Look at Jessica Lynch, for example, and you'll see how the right has manipulated Rambo-style tales for their own advantage. Look at how the Bush administration has forbidden news agencies from taking photos of coffins as they come back from Iraq. Look at how we are being denied such information. Look at the President standing in front of a banner which read "Mission Accomplished" before declaring the end of "major" combat missions in Iraq. The argument can be made that both sides are undermining the war. I agree with that logic more than "well, the left is undermining it because they disagree with the war."

Stupid.

Dude, seriously, why do you have such a hard freaking time reading what I’ve written and taking it for face value, instead of reading into it??

Did I say that YOU or any other PRIVATE CITIZEN is wrong for criticizing the war??????? No, I did not. I specifically said POLITICIANS who use the media as a means of expressing their PERSONAL views of the war are doing so for one reason and ONE REASON ONLY – for political expediency. Unless the President or Congress declares the war lost, NO POLITICIAN has the right to stand in front of a camera and claim that the ‘war is lost.’

This has absolutely nothing to do with what private citizens say to each other or even to the media. It has everything to do with ELECTED OFFICIALS using their office and their position of power to express PERSONAL OPINIONS with the intention of either A) undermining the President, Congress and the efforts and morale of our soldiers or B) building political capital for the next election.

Get an effing grip already and quit spouting out IRRELEVANT arguments to my points. And please .. get the hell off your high horse and learn to debate without getting all personal about it.

Did I say that YOU or any other PRIVATE CITIZEN is wrong for criticizing the war??????? No, I did not. I specifically said POLITICIANS who use the media as a means of expressing their PERSONAL views of the war are doing so for one reason and ONE REASON ONLY – for political expediency. Unless the President or Congress declares the war lost, NO POLITICIAN has the right to stand in front of a camera and claim that the ‘war is lost.’

Politicians are elected to represent their constituents. If their constituents disagree with the policy in Iraq, then they have a right to criticize it. Plain and simple.

In New York, we supported the war in Iraq when it was first proposed. Now, 72% of the state opposes it, according to a poll I saw on the local news last night. Both Senators from New York voted for the war. Now they're speaking out against it. How is that wrong in any sense? They are reflecting the opinions of their constituents... or at least, that's the argument I would make, in their defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"