Discussion: Gay Rights II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would argue with you but it's hard to when I'm on your side.
Ha ha. The argument was aimed at those I-hate-gays-cuz-the-Bible-told-me-to types. They need to come up with a better argument than basing their views on a book that is pro slavery.

But guys, consider this.

Sin is merely the process of recognising the imperfections we perceive to have within ourselves.

Sin thus is the act of the process itself.

So, how is it sin again?

Jesus, for instance, saved those in sin or in imperfection because he saw that they needed to be saved from such because they saw it necessary, not because Jesus saw it so.

Ultimately, sin is the recognition of the PROCESS of imperfection (limitation) itself, not the source or endgame or even perception of it.

But yeah, we humans get mixed up with technicalities like that. Tsk, how silly of us.

It's a slippery slope lubricated down with Easy Glide...

I usually say 'That's what she said', so it was different enough for me.:o
Now give me my iPod mini!:cmad:

How about this radical thought...heterosexual marriages that last more than 10 years?

How about this radical thought...heterosexual marriages that last more than 10 years?
Wow, that's a long time. God. I can barely be friends with someone that long. Being with someone for a good chunk of your life should never be forced to be in a marriage.

I know of or hear of homosexual relationships that have lasted much longer than that so they might as well be marriages anyway.

well, since your asking everyones opinion, the answer for me is: NO. definetly, no. dont legalize it, thats scary. and about marriage's length, thats the indivual's problem. this is about ethics, about morals. this is an attack on the family in america. no, the world! and im not just being dramatic, its true. again, this is just my opinion on things, since this is such a big issue. i have no doubt most of the ppl on this forum are probably liberls and have that whole "baaah who caaaares, let'em get married, no skin off my nose" mentality. but im not like that, at all. i simply dont agree with it, and it goes against what i believe in. end of rant.

well, since your asking everyones opinion, the answer for me is: NO. definetly, no. dont legalize it, thats scary. and about marriage's length, thats the indivual's problem. this is about ethics, about morals. this is an attack on the family in america. no, the world! and im not just being dramatic, its true. again, this is just my opinion on things, since this is such a big issue. i have no doubt most of the ppl on this forum are probably liberls and have that whole "baaah who caaaares, let'em get married, no skin off my nose" mentality. but im not like that, at all. i simply dont agree with it, and it goes against what i believe in. end of rant.
Can I ask you why you believe it is Amoral and unethical? I don't ask to demean you or insult you. I like exchanging opinions.

At the end of the day, at some point, opinions do need to be backed up by actual statistics and facts. :)

Why is it unethical and immoral? Because the Catholic religion says it is, the same Catholic religion that turns a blind eye to gay priests molesting little boys? How is it an attack on families worldwide? I never understood that argument, are married gay couples really attacking the "traditional" family? Also, dismissing that something like half of all marriages end in divorce is just stupid because that's even more of an attack on the families since it's breaking them up and dillutes the sancitity of marriage.

Why is it unethical and immoral? Because the Catholic religion says it is, the same Catholic religion that turns a blind eye to gay priests molesting little boys? How is it an attack on families worldwide? I never understood that argument, are married gay couples really attacking the "traditional" family? Also, dismissing that something like half of all marriages end in divorce is just stupid because that's even more of an attack on the families since it's breaking them up and dillutes the sancitity of marriage.
Yeah... You know it's not just Catholics who condemn homosexuality. Most christian faiths do, especially the more fundamental ones.

At the end of the day, at some point, opinions do need to be backed up by actual statistics and facts. :)

Thank you. I'm so sick of everybody hiding behind opinions as a way of getting around scrutiny or having to present a solid argument.

That's my big problem with people who want to introduce a Constitutional amendment to ban it. They always say "morality" or "Ethics" or "Sanctity of marriage". But there is no decent LEGAL reason to do it. Not to mention to do so would be, unconstitutional.

Weird, they're attacking the American family. Hmm, well, my bos and I had dinner with his wife's brother. The brother-in-law brought his husband, and the four of us had dinner together. Now, here's the weird part, after dinner, I went home to my wife and kids, as did my boss, and everything was fine. My family was not effected in anyway, and neither was his. See, my biggest problem with the people in this country who are against gay marriage are usually very patriotic as well. Yet, when it comes to gays, they forget that the Decleration of Independance lists certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. And they then stand there and say that gays don't have the right to pursue the happiness that marriage would give them. Well, gotta cut this post short, I think I see a gay couple coming to attack my family values.

Against ethics and morals? An attack on the world?

I use to just laugh at your petty comments on the Batman board but now I realize that you really are an ass-hole.

Even though I'm an atheist, I have a good sense of ethics and morals, even a few of the ones taught by some religions, though I don't bother with the god-claims.

I don't think homosexuals are out to attack the world, or to destroy ethics or morals. They simply want to live their lives with the person they love, if they're in that serious of a relationship, without having to deal with the prejudice, discrimination and hatred (blatant and disguised).

And in the United States, a person isn't required to get married in a religious place or have a priest, pastor, rabbi, imam or whomever administer it, or have their marriage approved before a deity. The state can perform marriages as well.

First off...I am straight and happily in a relationship...I have several gay friends, but to be quite honest I've never been one to hate on anyone race, religion or sexual orientation. Its just how I was raised...

I hate racists...but then I feel that hate is too strong of a word...because suddenly I am now categorizing groups of people to hate...racists and homophobes alike.

These are actual examples, and heres why I wanted to vent...a few of my co-workers say some pretty ridiculously homophobic crap and react in a way that eventually makes me feel stupid for bringing s#!t up around them...even something as innocent as repeating a bit that I saw a stand up comic perform, whether it was imitating a woman or an observational gay joke. Even once when I was asked about a recent episode of a reality tv show, I repeated something a gay contestant said, the co-worker continued to joke with me as if it were my own words...he's 30yrs old. College educated...decent guy...it baffles me.

and heres the two best most recent incidents:

We were talking about comic con and some of the celebs we bumped into on different days...I was jealous because one guy met and snapped a picture with Olivia Munn (from G4's Attack of The Show) and then I mentioned I also wanted to meet Kevin Perera...and whoa....went too far..."You wanted to meet a dude?" and I was like..."do you even watch the show...I think that guy is hilarious...yeah it would've been cool." And he was dead serious....adamant about..."sorry I'm not trying to get all excited about meeting a guy"

Over the weekend...a different employee and I were talking about movies and I mentioned that I got Superbad on DVD for xmas...
his response:
"That movie sucked...I went to the theaters to see it and then the dude starts drawing pictures of d*cks so I got up and left."

Are you joking?! I hate when I hear guys talk like this...like their too proud or something...it makes you want to reach out, grab em by the shoulders and shake them in a cartoon-ish manner. In their heads...we're gay for watching Superbad and laughing at that scene. These guys are morons...not homophobic at all...their idiots.

your thoughts...have a similar story? I don't even know how to talk these dudes anymore...its pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"