Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, those guys were gay? :eek:

I thought I was watching one of those Mormon plays about the evils of occasional social drinking.

It was.

When he said "I wish I knew how to quit you" he was talking to Jack...Daniels.

Does nobody ever call these idiots when they make stupid statements like that? The first thing out of my mouth if I'd have been there when he said it would be "That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard."(at least I'd like to beieve I had the balls to say it.)

"Stroking" horses? Cures homosexuality? Um, isn't the idea of curing homosexuality to get guys from "stoking" other males?

I guess it's like that thing of when your dad caught you smoking, so he forces you to smoke an entire pack at once to make you sick of it.

(I think that's a Colbert joke, so if you laugh I can't take credit for it).

My sister is gay. I don't think doing anything with horses is going to "un-gay" her.

I'm more concerned about her bad driving. She has destroyed 7 cars in total so far.

The last thing I want her doing is crashing a live animal.

My sister is gay. I don't think doing anything with horses is going to "un-gay" her.

I'm more concerned about her bad driving. She has destroyed 7 cars in total so far.

That's going to be the Christian Right's next big idea: combining ex-gay ministry with traffic school.

In other news today,

The Illinois State Senate Committee voted in favor of putting gay marriage to a full senate vote.

A gay marriage bill was also proposed in the Rhode Island State House and State Senate.

I had heard the Illinois vote was looking iffy because two of the senators in support were missing. No one knew where they were, so they weren't even sure if they were going to bring it to a vote.

*finger snap*

2d8gdps.jpg

"Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."
-Abraham Lincoln

I wonder why he never stood up for gays, who were even more opressed than blacks. Blacks at least had the right to have children. If he did such a great work with freeing slaves, he surely could have handled the issue of gay marriage also. I guess he just wasn't brave enough or worse, didn't WANT to :huh: . As did almost none of the great leaders (or well, nations in general) from the past 98 000 years or so.

I think the new movie "Lincoln" should be sued for making hero out of such homophobe. My tolerant-liberal worldview can't stand excusing him away with "but the culture was so different" back then. The target IS to change the culture. Clearly a case of homophobia.

Yes, I'm being ironic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"