Discussion: Gay Rights XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I wouldn't outright call them stupid, I would just point out they have 2 conflicting views that don't mesh with each other and let other decide if that is stupid or not. The people who hate gay marriage will continue hating gay marriage and the people who truly want less government in peoples lives might think twice about their views on gay marriage

But you are posing two conflicting ideas to them as well.....religious belief for some, the "ick" factor as Thunder has stated along with Government intervention in our lives. If you think about it, to them, if same sex marriage is sanctioned by the Government, isn't that the Government telling them what to do, or how to believe? To us no, to them yes....so really your argument wouldn't hold much water with them.

Yeah I don't really see being against gay marriage and being against government intrusion as logically problematic. The former is simply maintaining the status quo.

Now being in favor of passing sodomy laws, or other laws criminalizing homosexuality / persecuting homosexuals... yeah, that presents a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"