Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

So his reasoning for this apparently was:
And now a source tells CBS that Smollett is suspected of staging the attack after being upset a threatening racist letter, made of cutout print and sent to the show’s studio, which also depicted a man with a rope around his neck, didn’t get a “bigger reaction.”
Whether this itself was a legitimate threat or another concoction of his own is a good question.

I think the opposite. Chris Pratt is obviously very very Christian and he likely has fans that don't like gays. If he makes public statements about accepting people and loving them, maybe that will influence his fan base to do the same. Pat Robertson and Falwell Jr will never change and hopefully they'll be dead soon. If Pratt is truly a decent Christian like he makes himself out to be, then he should be the face of Christianity and present a more inclusive front.

I'm just wary of Pratt because it sounds like he did vote for Trump.

Yeah, he has an opportunity here to stand up and say, "Jesus never said anything bad about gay people. However, He did tell us to love everyone." But I doubt he will. I also found his response to James Gunn's ousting to be pretty ****ty, especially compared to Bautista, who really stood up for Gunn. And granted, Gunn's jokes were disgusting, but it was a decade ago and they only came to light because a racist, sexist pig who was accused of rape (and who believes date rape doesn't exist) dug them up as a favor to Trump.

Yeah, he has an opportunity here to stand up and say, "Jesus never said anything bad about gay people. However, He did tell us to love everyone." But I doubt he will. I also found his response to James Gunn's ousting to be pretty ****ty, especially compared to Bautista, who really stood up for Gunn. And granted, Gunn's jokes were disgusting, but it was a decade ago and they only came to light because a racist, sexist pig who was accused of rape (and who believes date rape doesn't exist) dug them up as a favor to Trump.
I just like to point out, all the creepy stuff Gunn did wasn't a decade ago. When this happened, some of it was like 6 years old. Also, he was the guy basically accusing Jared Leto of rape on the internet, and then backing off once he thought he might get in trouble. Which to me is a real problem. Because if he knows Leto is raping teen girls, he should really be yelling that from the rooftops.

I just like to point out, all the creepy stuff Gunn did wasn't a decade ago. When this happened, some of it was like 6 years old. Also, he was the guy basically accusing Jared Leto of rape on the internet, and then backing off once he thought he might get in trouble. Which to me is a real problem. Because if he knows Leto is raping teen girls, he should really be yelling that from the rooftops.

I didn’t know about the Leto thing. But yeah, he should have done something if he knew Leto was really doing that.

The Leto thing has been going around for a long time. I don't know if anyone can really back it up with facts or if it was a rumor that's gone crazy.

Assuming Pratt's got problems with gay people over being some teaching-the-pledge-of-allegiance-to-his-son Christian dude seems like a jump. As far as Christians go, he hardly seems like some full-on fundie, dude's pretty mild.

If we held people to those standards, Obama's responsible for the crap Farrakhan thinks and says. Which is a moronic bar to hold someone to. We don't do guilt by loose association in free societies.

Assuming Pratt's got problems with gay people over being some teaching-the-pledge-of-allegiance-to-his-son Christian dude seems like a jump. As far as Christians go, he hardly seems like some full-on fundie, dude's pretty mild.

If anything we should make fun of him for THAT. Use what we know about him.

So what's that even supposed to mean?

The brothers have said they were hired, they're on-camera in a store buying the stuff that was used in the "attack". Clearly Smollet concocted it. Not sure how a phone call could disrupt that evidential narrative, should be interesting to see where this goes.

So charges have been dropped against Smollett. This case gets weirder and weirder.

Yup, a few people are probably scared of being outed by the chinese.

Are you saying some politicians use Grindr and may not want to be outed. ;)

I live south of Cleveland, and I’m being 100% serious when I say Grindr activity went through the roof when the RNC was in town with a bunch of faceless guys who were “discreet” (i.e. married to women) and “in town for a couple days”.

It's Chicago so it is already halfway there. Which is why there is hope this woman can turn it around. She already has started working on that.

Wasn't that already on the books there? Thought that was a part of all the outrage a couple years ago when people were boycotting the moneybags grand poobah's western hotels and all.

Not that that'll do anything, of course, that's just "hashtag bring back our girls!" give-yourself-a-pat-on-the-back-and-feel-smug-and-righteous bullcrap. You've really gotta go squash guys like this to change anything, and obviously nobody's going to bother doing that with...Brunei of all places.

Wasn't that already on the books there? Thought that was a part of all the outrage a couple years ago when people were boycotting the moneybags grand poobah's western hotels and all.

Not that that'll do anything, of course, that's just "hashtag bring back our girls!" give-yourself-a-pat-on-the-back-and-feel-smug-and-righteous bullcrap. You've really gotta go squash guys like this to change anything, and obviously nobody's going to bother doing that with...Brunei of all places.

Its not something I know a lot about but from what I have read the laws around stoning have just came in to effect.

Could easy be this you were thinking I noticed in the article. "Homosexuality was already illegal in Brunei and punishable by up to 10 years in prison." Don't imagine it was ever good to be gay there but now its seems to be getting pretty damn medieval.

These people wear their medieval mindset like it’s a badge of honor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"