Discussion: Gay Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by DocStrange516
Why not? You can't say no to something like this and not give a reason.
Yes I can :confused:

Why can't they? Makes no sense. Sure, we may think homosexuality is wrong. I sure do. But homosexuals are people and they don't think it's wrong, obviously. It's not harming anyone, so why the hell not? As Dew said, two consenting adults should be able to marry, regardless of anything.

bush is an idiot. In 20 years kids will be talking about this and making it analogous to the civil rights movement/women's rights/desegregation. For now, it's popular to oppose it, but in the long run, bush is the one who's gonna look evil.

It's those Goddamn Republican's incessant obession over penises HAVING to enter vagina and vagina alone. :rolleyes:

Hey, I love my cat, but does that give me the right to marry him? Seriously though, what other people do with their lives is really no business of mine.

Ah, so now a biological function is now a republican obsession. Interesting.

ok so yea...

There are 2 ways I see this.

1. I think gay marriage should be allowed, there's no reason homosexuals,etc shouldn't have the same rights.

HOWEVER

2. I'm sick and tired of state laws superceeding federal laws. That renders federal laws pointless and that makes no sense whatsoever. I'm sick of stupid hotshot judges thinking they're above everything and overturning laws. This applies to many issues.

That's how I see it, so I'm not exactly sure what to think.

they are talking about CHANGING THE CONSTITUTION!!!! How ridiculous is this? Have you people heard of palimony or common-in-law marriages? How about this new concept of us paying taxes to support "life partners." Legalised marriages give the couples the right to all the same benefits and downfalls as a hetero marriage without all the governmental rigamorale of the other concepts.

Jesus Christ, we are one step away from burning the gays at the stake

Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
ok so yea...

There are 2 ways I see this.

1. I think gay marriage should be allowed, there's no reason homosexuals,etc shouldn't have the same rights.

HOWEVER

2. I'm sick and tired of state laws superceeding federal laws. That renders federal laws pointless and that makes no sense whatsoever. I'm sick of stupid hotshot judges thinking they're above everything and overturning laws. This applies to many issues.

That's how I see it, so I'm not exactly sure what to think.
why do those 2 things do that one thing that l;m forgetting the word for, like,...why cant they go together, but theres a word for it...know what l'm saying?:confused::(

I'm sick and tired of state laws superceeding federal laws. That renders federal laws pointless and that makes no sense whatsoever. I'm sick of stupid hotshot judges thinking they're above everything and overturning laws. This applies to many issues.

that's actually as it should be.... Federal gov't should have no say in this issue.

Read the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution

And for those of you who said no, tell me why. I am geninuely curious what business is it of yours

Originally posted by Lackey
that's actually as it should be.... Federal gov't should have no say in this issue.

Read the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution
The Constitution is obviously something many judges have never heard of. dur dur dur, just make it up as you go along:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Alf
why do those 2 things do that one thing that l;m forgetting the word for, like,...why cant they go together, but theres a word for it...know what l'm saying?:confused::(
"That's how I see it, so I'm not exactly sure what to think. " awww, Alf can't read. :(

Originally posted by DocStrange516
Why not? You can't say no to something like this and not give a reason.

I say Yes, they should be able to get married like heterosexual couples. Homosexuals are people too, they should have the same rights that everyone else does, including the right to marry the ones we love.

Because I don't think it's right for two guys to be married. Who's the wife and who's the husband? Bride and Groom?

I've never been really fond of homosexuality in the first place, so I guess I wouldn't be happy if they were married. I just think it's wrong.

The Constitution is obviously something many judges have never heard of. dur dur dur, just make it up as you go along:rolleyes:

that's very true, but that doesn't apply to my point.

and don't just stop with judges, congress and the president too

Originally posted by Erik Magnus Lehnsherr
Because I don't think it's right for two guys to be married. Who's the wife and who's the husband? Bride and Groom?

I've never been really fond of homosexuality in the first place, so I guess I wouldn't be happy if they were married. I just think it's wrong.
yeah, it's wrong for blacks to be free and have rights, same with women, and non white landowners across the US.

Originally posted by Lackey
that's very true, but that doesn't apply to my point.
oh, but it does, unless you just disreguarded my whole point and quoted me for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"