Discussion: Gay Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Emilio's Mom
oh, but it does, unless you just disreguarded my whole point and quoted me for no reason

"I'm sick and tired of state laws superceeding federal laws."

state laws SHOULD superceed federal laws, that's as it should be.

--Tenth Amendment

"That's how I see it, so I'm not exactly sure what to think. " awww, Alf can't read. :(
NO!:mad::(
l'm asking a question l don't know the answer to...
but l cant think of the one word l need, so its not making sense...
:(
l'll try to figure out what l'm asking, and ask later...:)

Originally posted by Bloody Mary
in the future everyone will be gay, i had a dream

Vagina will replace testicles and penisses will replace the clitoris.

Originally posted by Lackey
"I'm sick and tired of state laws superceeding federal laws."

state laws SHOULD superceed federal laws, that's as it should be.
No, then there's no need for the federal government. I know you believe in chaos and all that crap, but this is complete trash. Idiots like this would probably cause another civil war. They make amendments for a reason, the world isn't how it was.

Originally posted by Erik Magnus Lehnsherr
Because I don't think it's right for two guys to be married. Who's the wife and who's the husband? Bride and Groom?

I've never been really fond of homosexuality in the first place, so I guess I wouldn't be happy if they were married. I just think it's wrong.

Why isn't it right?
What does it matter who is the bride or groom?
Why would someone else's happiness make you unhappy? Are you that insecure?

No, then there's no need for the federal government. I know you believe in chaos and all that crap, but this is complete trash. Idiots like this would probably cause another civil war.

You said the Constitution is something these judges have never heard of... it looks like you don't know much about it either.

I don't believe in chaos, I don't know where you got that.

The federal government should only have those powers given to it in the Constitution and given to it by the states... in other words, it should only be able to do what the states let it do. That's not the way it is, and that's what causes problems like this legalize gay marriage thing.

If the Federal government paid attention to the Constitution there would be no need to legalize gay marriage or any marriage.

Also, if the federal government had paid attention to the Constitution and the intentions of the founding fathers, there wouldn't have been a Civil War.

Originally posted by Dew k. Mosi
Why isn't it right?
What does it matter who is the bride or groom?
Why would someone else's happiness make you unhappy? Are you that insecure?

I don't see why I have to answer to you.

Homosexuality is not right, IMO. That's all there is to it.

You said the Constitution is something these judges have never heard of... it looks like you don't know much about it either.

I don't believe in chaos, I don't know where you got that.
probably because it's all you ever say, smart guy

The federal government should only have those powers given to it in the Constitution and given to it by the states... in other words, it should only be able to do what the states let it do. That's not the way it is, and that's what causes problems like this legalize gay marriage thing.

If the Federal government paid attention to the Constitution there would be no need to legalize gay marriage or any marriage.

Also, if the federal government had paid attention to the Constitution and the intentions of the founding fathers, there wouldn't have been a Civil War.
I know the law and you've strayed from my original comment.

probably because it's all you ever say, smart guy

for example...?

I know the law and you've strayed from my original comment.

if you knew the law, you wouldn't have said this "I'm sick and tired of state laws superceeding federal laws."

...your original comment

Originally posted by Erik Magnus Lehnsherr
I don't see why I have to answer to you.

Homosexuality is not right, IMO. That's all there is to it.
you've just proven my point. If you don't have to answer to me, why does anyone have to answer to you?

Same Sex Marriages, I think it's fine. I'd hate to go through life alone, as for them having children that's much more complicated:o

I love how Dictator Bush says courts "Force their arbitrary will on people"

Last I checked the courts weren't saying "ALL PEOPLE MUST BE GAY!"

If there going to legalize gay marriages then do it for every state... not just particular ones, I hate that because the state that allows gay maariages becomes invaded by homosexual people... atleast if they legalize it everywhere it would be a lot more spread out.

for example...?
look in almost all of the political threads you've posted in

if you knew the law, you wouldn't have said this "I'm sick and tired of state laws superceeding federal laws."

...your original comment
Yes, because I'm sick of "hot shot" judges, I believe I already made that comment.

Ages of consent are a good example of what I'm talking about.

look in almost all of the political threads you've posted in

Guess you can't come up with example, then.

and back on topic.......I'm yet to hear a good answer other than a childish "just because."

Originally posted by Slipknot
If there going to legalize gay marriages then do it for every state... not just particular ones, I hate that because the state that allows gay maariages becomes invaded by homosexual people... atleast if they legalize it everywhere it would be a lot more spread out.

Gays are allowed to get married in Massachusettes and then return to their home state and sue for recognition and there is pretty much not a damn thing their home state can do about it if the license is from Massachusettes...they have to accept it.

Ofcourse gay people should be allowed to be married. Why the hell is this even an issue?

Originally posted by Hooligan32
Ofcourse gay people should be allowed to be married. Why the hell is this even an issue?
:up:

People like to listen to a dated story book.

Because people have trouble opening there minds:o Some people have been told one thing for so long, that it's hard for them to accept the complete opposite, does that answer your question:o

People like to listen to a dated story book.

Ya know what...I'm a catholic, and I'm still going to take this shot cuz you walked right into it.

The only reason you are opposed to gay marriage is because of the bible...hmm...and you talk of dated story books?

No, that means your lazy and have a horrible memory.

No, it just means you said something wrong so you can't back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"