Discussion: Global Warming, Emission Standards, and Other Environmental Issues - Part 1

Me either. I already know there are terrible things in the world. I don't need to see them too.

An anti-enviromentalist going to great lengths to lie and attempt to defame a pro-environmentalist? And a Trumpist anti-environmentalist at that?

Proud willful ignorance is... It really is the worst, isn't it?

Businesses and industries of all types are realizing the financial issue (if nothing else) that climate change brings and have started baking in the costs into their future plans.

But no... It's just "tree huggers" and "hippies" that care.

Maybe it needs to be framed purely as a national security issue?

Proud willful ignorance is... It really is the worst, isn't it?

Businesses and industries of all types are realizing the financial issue (if nothing else) that climate change brings and have started baking in the costs into their future plans.

But no... It's just "tree huggers" and "hippies" that care.

Maybe it needs to be framed purely as a national security issue?
Unfortunately, I get the bad feeling it won't get notice from certain people until it becomes framed as the immigration issue it will inevitably become as people try to get out of places of the planet that will become unlivable. And, given the far right push the comparatively drop in the bucket immigration issues of Syrian refugees and people south of the US border have fueled, I have a bad feeling that we're in for a bad time, to say the least. I hope I'm wrong though, and people wake up to the idea that maybe a profit-driven society that allows corporations to do whatever the hell they want in the pursuit of lining the pockets of a tiny percentage of the population with more money than anyone could ever need on the back of worker abuse and literally making the planet unlivable is unsustainable. Unsustainable kinda like the planet they've poisoned for money like Captain Planet villains and are now just realizing that might cause issues for their ability to abuse workers in the future.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I get the bad feeling it won't get notice from certain people until it becomes framed as the immigration issue it will inevitably become as people try to get out of places of the planet that will become unlivable. And, given the far right push the comparatively drop in the bucket immigration issues of Syrian refugees and people south of the US border have fueled, I have a bad feeling that we're in for a bad time, to say the least. I hope I'm wrong though, and people wake up to the idea that maybe a profit-driven society that allows corporations to do whatever the hell they want in the pursuit of lining the pockets of a tiny percentage of the population with more money than anyone could ever need on the back of worker abuse and literally making the planet unlivable is unsustainable. Unsustainable kinda like the planet they've poisoned for money like Captain Planet villains and are now just realizing that might cause issues for their ability to abuse workers in the future.
I think it says it all that the argument is now kind of moving to, "well yeah it's bad, but we will eventually be able to just fix it with technology that doesn't even exist yet. And if you live in a place effected you could always just move". They will do anything to kick the can down the road.

Greta Thunberg is a bit like Squirrel Girl. Squirrel Girl managed to bring down a powerful dictator like Doom even though she was just a mere girl, when others haven't been able to do that.

Last Monday, she was there at the UN Climate Change Summit where both Donald Trump and Boris Johnson were attending. And Trump mocked her. Then lo and behold, both of them took a huge fall this past week immediately following that.

And I really mean immediately. Johnson's prorogation of parliament was ruled illegal while he was still there at the UN. And then the whistleblower complaint and the impeachment inquiry came in the next couple of days just when Trump thought he was probably safe.

Dude... you are the government the protest is trying to get to take action.

Dude... you are the government the protest is trying to get to take action.

Don't worry. Next he'll pose for a picture in blackface and campaign against racism. :o

Joking* about murdering a child because she is concerned about the future of the planet. Who thinks that is a good idea? And a science teacher no less?

* I assume the defense is going to be "it was a joke" because haha, this is the kind of thing a high school teacher should be saying.:whatever:

:argh:

I just want to get into the mind of a person that even as a joke goes "I dislike this teenaged girl's politics and what she says enough to wish I could personally assassinate her."

Bit like james gunn joking on twitter although that was on an open forum. Did the teacher make the joke publicly or was it private?

I just want to get into the mind of a person that even as a joke goes "I dislike this teenaged girl's politics and what she says enough to wish I could personally assassinate her."
I really would not want to get into that kind of mind.

Bit like james gunn joking on twitter although that was on an open forum. Did the teacher make the joke publicly or was it private?

There is no indication he was joking. That is my speculation on what his defense will be but nowhere has it been said it was a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"