Discussion: Health And Healthcare III

Families plead for drug to slow disease

Horrible news hopefully this high profile story will make England take the drug on the NHS.

Should be a no discussion you do this child services will come and take your kids because you've clearly failed at being a parent by putting your child's health & other children they meet at risk.

The fact that this POS Andrew Wakefield is the guy that pretty much spawned this argument and people still believe him is beyond me. I know a lot of people probably already know but heres just some of the things he did
  • Children with autism were subjected to unnecessary invasive medical procedures such as colonoscopies and lumbar punctures
  • Wakefield acted without the required ethical approval from an institutional review board.
  • On 28 January 2010, a five-member statutory tribunal of the GMC found three dozen charges proved, including four counts of dishonesty and 12 counts involving the abuse of developmentally delayed children.
  • Wakefield was struck off the UK medical register, with a statement identifying deliberate falsification in the research published in The Lancet, and was thereby barred from practising medicine in the UK

The more point is that dieting and exercise aren't the end all of weight loss. It's virtually impossible to keep the weight off by merely changing your diet and excercising more. There is just too much about keeping weight lost that we don't know. Taking certain drugs can make you gain or lose weight and it isn't always possible to avoid that. There are metabolic, physical, hormonal, emotional and a dozen other things that can keep a person from being acceptably thin.

Unless your are taking some crazy medication that can mess with your hormones or something like that then I can understand but as long as you are in a deficit of whatever your recommended calories are for the day are and you put in a good work out you are going to lose weight.

That is true until your body slows down your metabolism in reaction to that and you start gaining it again.

That is true until your body slows down your metabolism in reaction to that and you start gaining it again.

I see what you mean here now I think I was misunderstanding you originally.

Top two tips to counter that are

1. Breaking your food for the day in to 6 smaller meals spread evenly throughout the day (I know this is much easier said than done) but works wonders at keeping your metabolism going along.

2. Alter your workout. Say your unfit 280lbs doing a mile on the running machine at a decent pace, you're going to be sweating buckets by the end but if you just constantly do that same workout and stick to your diet its going to get easier your HR is going to drop it generally just becomes less effective. Increasing the speed your are running and or the distance helps push that workload back up. Don't be afraid to go anaerobic a lot of people worry they are going to end up looking like Arnie (that ain't happening without some Mexican supplements):funny:but it can really help shift fat.

Los Angeles Times - FDA's departing chief considers yanking nicotine vaping pods off the market

With weeks to go in his tenure atop the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Scott Gottlieb squared off with two companies at the center of his efforts to halt a surge in teen vaping.

Gottlieb, who plans to leave his post April 5, said at an event in Washington that his agency may need to pull pod-based nicotine products off the market as it fights a surge in teen vaping. He said he had a contentious meeting last week with executives from Marlboro maker Altria Group Inc. and Juul Labs Inc.

My biggest fear is that the right wing Conservatives in Canada will win power and try to overturn the legalization of abortion. I can't imagine what women in Georgia must be feeling.

Did pro-life group accept $5.1 million Trump admin funding with ‘contraception’ strings attached?

“None of our centers refer for, counsel towards or provide any form of contraceptive methods. We believe that a woman’s fertility is a sign of health and should not be “broken” by dangerous hormonal methods.”

The Catholic Church teaches that using contraception is always and in every case wrong because it blocks the marital act from its God-given procreative purpose. It also contradicts the husband and wife’s marriage promise to give themselves to each other, totally and unreservedly — where nothing must be held back, including one’s own fertility.

And there it is. You can only have sex if it's for procreation.

Pro-life groups should come with an asterisk meaning they are only pro-life until birth when they stop caring.

Pro life also means pro death apparently.

I know. The Republicans are a hypocritical bunch who are out of touch with reality.

New York Times - Trump Administration Files Formal Request to Strike Down All of Obamacare

The Trump administration formally declared its opposition to the entire Affordable Care Act on Wednesday, arguing in a federal appeals court filing that the signature Obama-era legislation was unconstitutional and should be struck down.

Such a decision could end health insurance for some 21 million Americans and affect many millions more who benefit from the law’s protections for people with pre-existing medical conditions and required coverage for pregnancy, prescription drugs and mental health.

The legal argument is literally laziness. It isn't worth it to argue individual parts of the law, so strike it all down.

And this is after all their previous attempts to strike it down, realize people actually like it then try to claim they have a replacement, fail to produce one, then say they won't try to get rid of it again only for Trump to Trump and do it anyways.

I'm sure he will say they will preserve pre-existing conditions again only we know that is a bold faced lie.

Georgia is going to ban abortions after 6 weeks. Clearly that law was written by a guy because only a guy would be stupid enough to think that women always find out that they're pregnant before 6 weeks.

It should get struck down in the courts soon. A massive waste of time, money and the courts but this is what these Republicans want so they look good to these fanatical conservative hypocrites who will cheer them on.

This is truly despicable.

Awful ****ing human being right there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"