Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open heart surgery, navigate the space shuttle....the possibilities are endless!

I remember there was a stagette party on a Thursday night a few years ago for a woman at my office. The next morning, pretty much all the women in our department were clearly hung over, clearly impacting their performance for that one day (on the plus side, us guys who were the other 50% of the staff pretty much had the run of the place, ha ha).

Should all these women have been fired for the stuff they did on their personal time the night before? I don't think so. Now, if someone shows up hungover 5 days in a row, in a manner that impacts their work, then we have a HR issue. But that can apply to almost any personal-life matter, and if pot is decriminalized, I don't see why we have to be more puritanical about it than we would for any other vice (or virtue, for that matter).

Also, in my purely anecdotal experience, someone who smoked weed the previous night is usually clearer in the morning than someone who was drinking the previous night.

I remember there was a stagette party on a Thursday night a few years ago for a woman at my office. The next morning, pretty much all the women in our department were clearly hung over, clearly impacting their performance for that one day (on the plus side, us guys who were the other 50% of the staff pretty much had the run of the place, ha ha).

Should all these women have been fired for the stuff they did on their personal time the night before? I don't think so. Now, if someone shows up hungover 5 days in a row, in a manner that impacts their work, then we have a HR issue. But that can apply to almost any personal-life matter, and if pot is decriminalized, I don't see why we have to be more puritanical about it than we would for any other vice (or virtue, for that matter).

Also, in my purely anecdotal experience, someone who smoked weed the previous night is usually clearer in the morning than someone who was drinking the previous night.

That is fine and all, but there are some professions that would inhibit such behavior. Especially where government contracts are involved. I work for a government contractor, and we are not allowed to work on items that fall under that contract if we have been drinking 8 hours previous to work or if we are taking certain medications under a doctor's care. That is the nature of the beast. If pot was legalized, it would fall under those same constraints.

Well, only a ****ing idiot would do that....however, what does bug me is something I think you're talking about...

Spice, or Spirit. Incense.

People smoke it, and they get high. I tried it...and yes, you do get high. But it's more of a drunk feeling. You feel ******ed afterwards, and it leaves you with a killer hangover. Made me feel sick. Gross stuff.

You can smoke it or sniff it...it leads to paranoia when used regularly, and it is very much like cocaine it that your tolerance suddenly falls without you knowing it...

Weed should really be legal. You just need to tax it and ID it and regulate it like booze and smokes. I miss smoking cigs...I like tobacco, don't care much for booze...but that's cause when I drink I get drunk easily and my body just can't handle even a beer that well. (for example, some drinks cause me shoulder pain. Looking at you Smirnoff Ice) The only downfall to weed I see is getting the ''munchies''. Never tried weed, but when or if it becomes legal...that lone reason may be why I wouldn't try it (and I can only like half inhale smoke as is, always had trouble inhaling smokes all the way)

You don't like the muchies where basic food taste like the nectar of the gods???

I love getting the munchies, I get the appetite like a pregnant woman. I'll eat anything.

I love food that tastes great! So what you are saying is, if I toke, then all the health food that tastes like crap, (tofu and rice cakes) will taste like chocolate ice cream, and candy-coated heaven?

I have come up with some crazy good stuff to eat while high. That I wouldn't have thought of sober.

Meh, I hate junk food. I hate what it does to my body :(

You can eat a lot, but still be healthy. I Got this Pepper Jack cheese/ Brown Rice Burrito wrap that I love.

According to the AP, Montana lawmakers passed a state-wide medical marijuana overhaul today. The bill aims to cut the number of medical marijuana users and also eliminates large marijuana businesses in the state.

According to the AP, Montana lawmakers passed a state-wide medical marijuana overhaul today. The bill aims to cut the number of medical marijuana users and also eliminates large marijuana businesses in the state.

Party pooper doo doo heads listening lady gaga fans...

This just in!

Montana lawmakers passed a state-wide legislation to ban cancer today. The bill aims to cut the number of cancer sufferers 100%. :woot:

No way! A state that up until 2008 when Morgan Freeman rolled into town sporting cameras they were still doing segregated proms! Such a backward state.:whatever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"