Discussion: Legalizing Marijuana II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swedishchef_smoke_Legal.jpg

I assume you refer to whoever felt it was appropriate to through a pot dealer in jail for life.

I assume you refer to whoever felt it was appropriate to through a pot dealer in jail for life.

Actually, I am referring to the guy who refused to learn from his mistakes. I mean, come on, he was given probation 3 times for essentially the same charges and continued the same activity.

From a cost-benefit analysis, it would be unwise to legalize Marijuana because it would drive down the cost and profits. It's better to keep something illegal and have an entire infrastructure surrounding it grow. Marijuana as a cash crop is profitable, but if it's illegal the price shoots through the roof.

If the United States were to use Marijuana as a sin tax, they would have to heavily regulate the supply of it to ensure high returns. It would be like De Beers and diamonds. But unfortunately, the Government has enough trouble doing just about anything. Keep Marijuana illegal, brother has to get his paper somehow.

I think it should be legalized so the government can gain money taxing it instead of losing money trying to stop it (which is impossible). Not to mention it would be a death blow to organized crime. Our prisons wouldn't be so crowded, which costs a ton of money too. I think of it the same way Prohibition didn't work. The only difference is that alcohol is WORSE for you than marijuana is.

easier said than done....the production of alcohol and tobacco is highly regulated....tobacco farms are subject to random checks and inspections and have the govt stamp of approval

The economy isnt getting that much better any time soon. Legalizing alcohol was a huge boost, and pot would be the same. If things get real bad in the near future we could see something happen. Till then keep funding drug dealers since the gov doesnt want that money.

I've heard conspiracies that Dealers are secretly paying off the goverment too keep it illegal, so they can make more money.
I don't believe that, but.......
DISCUSS

I've heard conspiracies that Dealers are secretly paying off the goverment too keep it illegal, so they can make more money.
I don't believe that, but.......
DISCUSS

Look at the voting breakdown in Cali for legalization, all the major growing counties voted against it. Also

Apparently Barney Frank and Rand Paul introduced a bill to decriminalize it

http://reason.com/blog/2011/06/22/barney-frank-and-ron-paul-will

obviously its not going to go anywhere but it's still news

Putting someone in prison for life for marijuana is a ridiculous miscarriage of justice.

It's MARIJUANA. People who sell cigarettes are doing more damage, and they can do it legally.

I can sort of understand the fact that it is illegal...just barely. But the fact that they classify it with heroin is absurd.

The biggest problem is that they label it illegal because it's "dangerous and addictive" Like cigarettes? :whatever:

Even I know weed has medical uses. And I don't smoke it. The feds are nothing but idiots at times...probably have a deal with people under the table.

Personally, I've never been clear on it's medical use. I've heard it's for glaucoma pain relief, but there has to be a better analgesic.

I can sort of understand the fact that it is illegal...just barely. But the fact that they classify it with heroin is absurd.

The biggest problem is that they label it illegal because it's "dangerous and addictive" Like cigarettes? :whatever:

Exactly, marijuana cannot be put in the same level as such a dangerous drug.

The tobacco companies and uses like me would literally raise hell if Tobacco got banned. Tobacco > Booze. Booze = Bad.

If booze ever became illegal I would get drunk and go fight some DC cops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"