Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

They reallly aren't holding back now that they stole the court.

How long will it be before US is at the bottom of democracy index with countries like North Korea? From 2006 to 2021 US has gone from place 17 to place 26. Good job. :o

I mean, that's no that surprising. His dissent was a really, really long rant against Gorsuch.

Trump apparently chose poorly on some of his judges. They are actually willing to uphold the law for people who aren't MAGA.

Trump apparently chose poorly on some of his judges. They are actually willing to uphold the law for people who aren't MAGA.

The vast bulk of them were judges on McConnell's Fed Society list.

Dear Lucius,

Would you please not be gay?

Sincerely,

InCali

:funny:

Worth remembering as politicians make hollow, performative tweets today (well, yesterday now).

Not sure how you can sue over a store selling books but if he can, does that mean I can sue him for promoting racism, sexism, misogny and total stupidity?

Chappelle continues to dedicate his life to taking people's rights away and those of their parents (jailing the parents of the transgendered). This is all he does now and is aided and abetted.

Despite my best effort to not know, Twitter decided I simply must know why Bill Maher is trending and let me just say again: **** that guy.

Bill Maher, Dave Chappelle, John Mulaney, and Bill Burr really must have coordinated the past day or so.

I do hope that that has erased any doubts that Maher is transphobic.

I don't know that much about the science but Finland and Sweden did ban or upheld the ban on pre-maturity (meaning 18 years in Finland) gender transformative surgeries (not sure if that's right term). The law is still set to be changed but it's going to take time. I have several friends and relatives who work in the healthcare industry either as practical nurses, nurses and one gastrosurgeon and they don't really know what to think of this. None of them are anti-trans or anything but the doctor, my cousin, did say that messing with puberty is a touchy subject medically over here. Slight sports reference/analogy, the reason why most Finnish junior hockey players are smaller in size and physique than North American juniors, is because there's a long standing guideline to not start full weight training until the kid has finished the growing phase of puberty (which is usually around 18 - 19 years).

I don't know that much about the science but Finland and Sweden did ban or upheld the ban on pre-maturity (meaning 18 years in Finland) gender transformative surgeries (not sure if that's right term). The law is still set to be changed but it's going to take time. I have several friends and relatives who work in the healthcare industry either as practical nurses, nurses and one gastrosurgeon and they don't really know what to think of this. None of them are anti-trans or anything but the doctor, my cousin, did say that messing with puberty is a touchy subject medically over here. Slight sports reference/analogy, the reason why most Finnish junior hockey players are smaller in size and physique than North American juniors, is because there's a long standing guideline to not start full weight training until the kid has finished the growing phase of puberty (which is usually around 18 - 19 years).
You could've stopped right there. But of course, you didn't.

Your friends and family are irrelevant. Those in the particular field in which we speak are what matters, and they have made their stance on gender affirming care, clear. When people like Maher say their bigotry, they are talking about all such care, including puberty blockers and HRT. Jumping straight into, "you shouldn't de surgery", takes the conversation in a direction that ignores all treatments. This is a common tactic used by to fear monger. You say those people you know aren't anti-trans. While I don't know them, if you are being honest with what you say they say, I can't say they aren't anti-trans. Especially if the litmus test is, "we handle puberty weird over here".

Also, Holy Slapper, fan of Maher, who believes he's not a bigot. Would you care to explain his line about how California is "creating" transgender people, because it has "more", in comparison to Ohio? A hot bed of bigotry. Could there perhaps be a reason young LGBTQIA+ youth do not feel safe coming out in Ohio? Outside of a lack of peer pressure, of course.

None of this has to do with Maher saying there are more trans kids because "its trendy". Maher is transphobic, full stop. Using the best information we have at the moment on helping these kids is not "experimenting" on them.

None of this has to do with Maher saying there are more trans kids because "its trendy". Maher is transphobic, full stop. Using the best information we have at the moment on helping these kids is not "experimenting" on them.

I don't think that's quite what he said because he was listing those stats of LGBTQ people but he should've said that more people feel safer today to say it out loud. Meaning there were probably much more back in the but they just didn't dare say it out loud.

You could've stopped right there. But of course, you didn't.

Your friends and family are irrelevant. Those in the particular field in which we speak are what matters, and they have made their stance on gender affirming care, clear. When people like Maher say their bigotry, they are talking about all such care, including puberty blockers and HRT. Jumping straight into, "you shouldn't de surgery", takes the conversation in a direction that ignores all treatments. This is a common tactic used by to fear monger. You say those people you know aren't anti-trans. While I don't know them, if you are being honest with what you say they say, I can't say they aren't anti-trans. Especially if the litmus test is, "we handle puberty weird over here".

Also, Holy Slapper, fan of Maher, who believes he's not a bigot. Would you care to explain his line about how California is "creating" transgender people, because it has "more", in comparison to Ohio? A hot bed of bigotry. Could there perhaps be a reason young LGBTQIA+ youth do not feel safe coming out in Ohio? Outside of a lack of peer pressure, of course.

I'm a fan of the show, not Maher. The guest&panelists are what make the show, not him. He definitely needs to educate himself on a lot of matters.

In case it wasn't clear, I was talking about the medical workers thinking in Finland, because Maher quoted the recent news. There's legal issues with the matter in Finland to be solved and the medical community is unclear on it over here as well.

More broadly Maher launched an attack on all LGBTQ because each new generation says they are more than their older predecessors. Older generations grew up in a socially rigid, oppressive environment that they are continuing to try to force the younger generations into the closets once again or worse with jail for them and their parents.

I don't think that's quite what he said because he was listing those stats of LGBTQ people but he should've said that more people feel safer today to say it out loud. Meaning there were probably much more back in the but they just didn't dare say it out loud.

Having seen the clip, that definitely wasn't what he was saying. "Being trans because it is trendy with the kids" is a popular transphobic trope. There is a reason I am side eying Dan Slott when he used it to undo Franklin being a mutant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"