Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

He said zilch in regards to P***yGate, so screw him. He's hitched to the Trump train, and it's going to drag him out of office.

I'm sick of McCrory's grandstanding and hypocrisy. He's cost our state hundreds of millions of tax revenue and direct spending, our state's reputation is sullied due to HB2 (which he steadfastly refuses to repeal), and he remains blissfully ignorant of the whooping he will receive at the polls next month.

Surprised Roy Cooper's campaign hasn't tried attack ads linking him directly with Trump. There are some parallels such ads can draw between Trump's true feelings towards women and McCrory to the LGBT community.
We are seeing a lot of that here in California.

Also, may I ask, how did this piece of crap get elected?

Bev Perdue, the Democratic governor preceding McCrory (it was a close race between her and McDoofus), had her gubernatorial 2008 campaign under federal and state investigation and was fined $30K. She opted not to run for re-election due to her sinking approval ratings and left at the end of her term in January 2013.

That's how McCrory got in the governor's mansion. But now his ratings are plummeting just like Perdue's.

You would be surprised how easy it is for bad people to get elected.

I remember people saying that Norman Osborn could never rise to the top because how would people elect a man like that or support him in any way and I was like lol just watch global politics for a while

Sometimes, politicians are able to hide how horrible they are. I didn't think Snyder would be complicit in the poisoning of an entire city, yet here we are.

North Carolina Governor On Transgender Bathroom Law: The Liberals Made Me Do It

In a gubernatorial debate Tuesday night, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory (R) defended his signing of House Bill 2 earlier this year, which included a ban on transgender individuals using the bathroom of the gender with which they identify.

McCrory blamed liberals for the law, saying that he was forced to sign it after the city of Charlotte had updated its non-discrimination ordinance in February to add sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression to its list of protected characteristics.

“The left brought this issue up, not the right,” he said.

McCrory said the state bill was meant to deal with the “concept of gender identity, which was a radical concept.” He blamed his Democratic opponent for governor, state Attorney General Roy Cooper, and Charlotte Mayor Jennifer Roberts specifically.

“Do y’all even know what the penalty was in Charlotte for someone that did not accept gender identity as the new requirement in identifying if you’re a boy or girl? It was a fine of $500 and/or a 30-day jail sentence,” said a heated McCrory. “This is what we overturned. That’s why we took action.”

“I will not accept the radical changes that Roy Cooper and Jennifer Roberts have brought to North Carolina,” said McCrory. “Had that not been there, I don’t think we would have had a problem. Because I don’t believe in any kind of discrimination.”

The law McCrory signed in March doesn’t just block transgender people from using the bathroom of their choice. It blocks cities and towns in the state from implementing any local measures to expand protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals.

The Obama administration Department of Justice has filed suit against the state over the law, which it says “stigmatizes and singles out transgender employees, results in their isolation and exclusion, and perpetuates a sense that they are not worthy of equal treatment and respect.” The law has hurt the state’s reputation and caused it to lose business opportunities.

“This is all he can talk about,” Cooper responded at the debate Tuesday. “This is why North Carolina is having a problem with its reputation.”

“If a local government wants to protect people from being fired because they’re gay, HB 2 says you can’t do that,” Cooper continued. He added that it would also block local governments from raising the minimum wage, or implementing protection for veterans as well.

McCrory maintained that he has “been looking for a compromise for months” and could support protections for LGBT rights in employment if they didn’t include gender identity or gender expression. But he would not “support this concept … where we’re going to identify gender based on what you think you are.”

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5806d82ee4b0dd54ce363a84

I despise this filth on a cellular level.

I will be positively ecstatic if he loses the re-election.

Hell, I might even throw a party.

What a piece of ****. Hopefully your state gets it right Marv. Do you know the poll numbers right now?

Last edited:
Yeah, well within the margin of error. How is it so close? Would he be winning without the scandal?

I guess NC Democrats and Unaffiliated voters are just not very motivated. And my state is harboring some very strong anti-liberalism. In some places in this state the word "liberal" is used as a derogatory term. Not surprising GOP candidates do so well even when they are bigoted incompetent morons that cost us millions.

I guess NC Democrats and Unaffiliated voters are just not very motivated. And my state is harboring some very strong anti-liberalism. In some places in this state the word "liberal" is used as a derogatory term. Not surprising GOP candidates do so well even when they are bigoted incompetent morons that cost us millions.

Personally I think more then the anti gay laws McCory pushed, I don't understand how people aren't more upset at him basically slapping on the wrist his former employer Duke Energy for basically polluting the State, when he should have came down hard. That was the pure definition of crony capitalism

You would be surprised. Australia just reelected their conservative government. Conservatives can be shrewd

What is up with Australia delaying legalizing gay marriage?

I would of thought Aussies would of joined Western Europe, South America, North America and New Zealand by now.

Personally I think more then the anti gay laws McCory pushed, I don't understand how people aren't more upset at him basically slapping on the wrist his former employer Duke Energy for basically polluting the State, when he should have came down hard. That was the pure definition of crony capitalism

HB2 lost our state $500M at the minimum, due to the boycotts and canceled events. The attack ads on McCrory need to focus on his crony capitalism and the money he lost NC due to HB2.

Thank goodness for the northern migrants. I think they'll help get McCrory out of office if nothing else.

What is up with Australia delaying legalizing gay marriage?

I would of thought Aussies would of joined Western Europe, South America, North America and New Zealand by now.

Don't even ask. It's a nightmare.

There's absolutely nothing inspiring about Australian politics. It's all just racism and bigotry really. Very small chance of it ever getting better too

Pedestrian crossing traffic signals were replaced with new LGBT same sex symbols in the West End of London for Pride in the summer and the Mayor decided to leave them up.

So the Straz center just sent this email to me:

sWHF0TKOEQ_6OD2y42_SzQk6N_0Dk3i_rNbtB2khKker89hsVDOLlcXaQwL7sGZc-vkq3MujgpVgyuvImwrnsiTQYg02YcjinLDr3lnwVw82GvDjhxtB5DCGrVF4fvRloGAoKkqIF-9ecP0rI1Uw4Q=s0-d-e1-ft

I've only been to a few comedians there so not sure why they felt I was their target demographic for this show haha.

So the Straz center just sent this email to me:
sWHF0TKOEQ_6OD2y42_SzQk6N_0Dk3i_rNbtB2khKker89hsVDOLlcXaQwL7sGZc-vkq3MujgpVgyuvImwrnsiTQYg02YcjinLDr3lnwVw82GvDjhxtB5DCGrVF4fvRloGAoKkqIF-9ecP0rI1Uw4Q=s0-d-e1-ft

I've only been to a few comedians there so not sure why they felt I was their target demographic for this show haha.

It has something to do with the gift registry you and I set up at Bed, Bath and Beyond. :o

And now we begin to see the true endgame of these so-called religious freedom laws, the endgame that was intended all along behind the scenes. This movement has absolutely nothing to do with religion, but a lot to do with using it as a smokescreen to provide a legal loophole excusing violence, abuse, and discrimination. To grant the freedom to hate, and to act on it.

And now we begin to see the true endgame of these so-called religious freedom laws, the endgame that was intended all along behind the scenes. This movement has absolutely nothing to do with religion, but a lot to do with using it as a smokescreen to provide a legal loophole excusing violence, abuse, and discrimination. To grant the freedom to hate, and to act on it.

The real agenda of the Christian Right has little to do with homosexuality. If they believe we're 3% of the population, then it doesn't make sense for them to expend so much time fighting gay rights.

Homophobia is just a fundraising tool, because gays are scarier. Easier to blame the lisping sexual predator in the bushes, rather than admit your end game is to restore the supremacy of men in their household. Wives and kids do as they're told, and you give them the belt when they don't.

Women, children.....minorities....poor people....foreigners....

Women, children.....minorities....poor people....foreigners....

Unfortunately the voice of genuine Christians has been hijacked by wolves in sheep's clothing. It's a tragedy. The ones I know would give the shirt off their back to a stranger and have a real concern for helping the poor, hurting and burdened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"