Discussion: LGBTQ+ Rights XVI - Part 6

What a hill to die on. Pathetic.

And Pompeo will call them a bunch of cult leaders.

Seems likely if Page's wife isn't attracted to men. Page may also want a new start as a man. Maybe Page feels conflicted about this marriage that she had while she was identifying as the wrong gender.

*He

Also, I doubt Elliot went through the procedures to be sexually male. Some people stay married after transitions and some don't. I bet they just grew apart.

They only just got married two or so years ago. I think a gender transition is probably a factor if you married one gender and now they are another (or neither as in this case) and are specifcally attracted to one but not the other.

Page came out as trans/non-binary. Whatever that transition entails now or in the future, we don't know. That said, speculation about a how a marriage has ended during a pandemic lockdown that has seen a skew in celebrity break ups makes sense. But while having no information on it, why make it a speculation about someone's gender? That feels unnecessary and intrusive.

Page came out as trans/non-binary. Whatever that transition entails now or in the future, we don't know. That said, speculation about a how a marriage has ended during a pandemic lockdown that has seen a skew in celebrity break ups makes sense. But while having no information on it, why make it a speculation about someone's gender? That feels unnecessary and intrusive.
Because its a huge life altering event in their marriage. An event that can and will destroy some marriages. It could be unrelated, but I think with Page changing gender status and the terms of the marriage in a drastic way, and now with them getting divorced, its a fair guess that one had something to do with the other.

Because its a huge life altering event in their marriage. An event that can and will destroy some marriages. It could be unrelated, but I think with Page changing gender status and the terms of the marriage in a drastic way, and now with them getting divorced, its a fair guess that one had something to do with the other.
As opposed to an age gap or any of the other numerous reasons marriages end?

Whether Page's gender has anything to do with the dissolution of their marriage, we don't know. What we do know here in the LGBTQ+ thread is that it is probably best not to speculate considering that beyond what little we know about the situation, such speculation becomes a example of rubbering necking at a vulnerable group, while potentially expressing a lack of knowledge on the subject of trans people that could be considered harmful.

For example, Elliot has said he is trans/enby. I do not believe this has changed since they revealed they were transgender. Which means writing something like, "Seems likely if Page's wife isn't attracted to men", beyond being rather distasteful, is also incorrect.

So basically, Elliot Page is getting a divorce. Whatever the reason, I hope he and their wife come out of this situation happy. I think it would be unfortunate to turn the LGBTQ+ thread into a place where we gossip over the end of a marriage simply because someone might be gay, bi, trans, etc. More so to make that the basis of the conversation kind of turns trans people, an extremely vulnerable group, into an attraction to be viewed. Let's not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"