Discussion: Media, The Press, Journalism, Cable News, Media Bias, and Other Media Issues

Hopefully Steven Crowder is next.

YouTube is a strange duck. It knows I watch Leftist media and pushed corporate news media and Right wing fringe like Walsh and Rogan on me.

It also tries to send me to some sketchy channels too that it knows I have absolutely no interest in. One video about a topic (pretty much any topic) and it has several suggestions on the right side related to that topic which are completely paranoid, conspiracy theory laden and lies.

An aspect maybe many don't realize about this Rogan/Young thing:

Facing the prospect of a Black woman justice, right-wing media goes berserk, corporate media goes wobbly | Press Watch

President Biden’s intent to nominate a Black woman to fill Justice Stephen Breyer’s emptying seat on the Supreme Court has freaked out right-wing media, sending the likes of Tucker Carlson and Larry Kudlow into torrential rants of racist and misogynistic froth and whiny white grievance.

That’s not really so shocking. It’s laughable, ironic, and pathetic, given how 108 of the 115 people [94%] who have served on the Court have been white guys, and how overdue such a nomination is.

See also: Discussion: The Supreme Court II

Another warmonger who peddled lies has joined NBC News.

Eschaton: Your Liberal Media (liberal blog)

Iraq war promoting bull****-peddler, author of The Connection [between Saddam and al Qaeda/9/11.

Last edited:
Univision And Televisa Close $4.8B Spanish-Language Media Merger – Deadline

u mad bro

Vice - Thanks to Joe Rogan, People Forced to Notice That Spotify Sucks

It should be noted that none of the major streaming music services that currently exist are good, exactly; it’s just that by almost every metric, Spotify is a lot worse than all its direct competitors. These include tech giants like Apple, Amazon, and Square, which owns Tidal, so the streaming service should have a huge well of goodwill for its product. Instead, in terms of how it pays artists and presents their work, Spotify has opted to be even worse than the companies that have used child labor, let their workers die in a warehouse during a tornado, or gone all-in on cryptocurrencies.

Last edited:

See also: Ridin’ with Biden: Four Years of Corvette Conservatism or Mustang Moderation?
See also:
Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues IV

‘Hugs From Brazil’: Brazil’s Far-Right President Jair Bolsonaro Supports Joe Rogan | Right Wing Watch

LA Times - Jon Stewart calls 'overreaction' to Spotify's Joe Rogan debacle 'a mistake'

Dave Chappelle’s Intent Doesn’t Matter, Jon Stewart | IndieWire

Jon Stewart has lost his mind and morality on all that money and privilege he has accumulated in defending the racism and false conspiracy theories of the far right and their figures like Rogan and other trash 'comedians'. It's funny how 'comedians' whose entire shtick is trashing other people have the thinnest skin of all.

OAN Reporter: The Country's Future Depends on Liberals Dropping Dead From Vaccines

RepubliQans are insane and wrong.

Last edited:
Gizmodo - Spotify Just Removed 70 Episodes of The Joe Rogan Experience—but Not That One
Amidst ongoing accusations that Spotify is allowing Joe Rogan to spread covid-19 misinformation on his podcast, the platform has removed dozens of episodes.

Spotify pulled down at least 70 episodes of The Joe Rogan Experience from its archives on Friday. However, the disappeared episodes don’t have much to do with the platform’s ongoing controversy over covid-19 misinformation.

Pretty damn racist probably. There's clips circulating out there of years of Rogan's racism and also slurs he's said. I won't/can't post them even if I wanted to and I don't.

Closing the barn door after nearly all the horses ran away.

Just get rid of him entirely. His irresponsibility is not worth the hassle in the future.

Ars Technica - Joe “just conversations” Rogan defends misinformation like a classic grifter
Money, misinformation, & snake oil: Joe Rogan has a lot in common with Gwyneth Paltrow.

Last edited:

The Guardian - Joe Rogan apologises for using N-word and racist Planet of the Apes story

"$orry I got caught. Move on people. Now back to business with $potify to create new horrible content."

Yahoo! News - 'Willful ignorance': Joe Rogan’s comments on Blackness challenged by Vanderbilt professor

“The Black and white thing is so weird because the shades are so — there’s such a spectrum of shades of people,” Rogan added. “Unless you’re talking to someone who is, like, 100 percent African, from the darkest place where they're not wearing any clothes all day and they've developed all that melanin to protect themselves from the sun, you know, even the term Black is weird. When you use it for people that are literally my color, it becomes very strange.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"