Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hippie_hunter, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

2. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

I agree...I know that there is the major fear, and well founded I'm sure, that the rebels are not in this for freedom for all, or Democracy. I can definitely see why they are shying away from Syria...but they could do a no fly zone at the least....OR ratchet up the rhetoric and tell Iran and Russia to sit down and shut up while this gets worked out.

It's a tough place to be, because everyone knows that if the regime in Syria falls, Iran is screwed....so its a rock and a hard place there. Do we help the rebels as we did the Taliban/Bin Laden in Afghanistan in the 90's to throw out what we thought was the bigger enemy, the Soviets????? It is a hell of a problem.

Which is why I think we should stay out of ALL OF IT, Mali, Syria, Libya, Egypt, Israel, etc..... but damn that oil. :whatever:

3. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

They could tell Russia and Iran to sit down and shut up but its not like either of those countries would listen.

I not one of those conspiracy thoeory people but the day someone comes up with a viable alternative energy source there will be as many people queuing to kill them and their discovery as those to congratulate them.

Without the backing of the west because of our need for oil alot of these tin pot dictatorships will crumble within years.

4. Red Mask

Red Mask Human Killing Machine

It was the American military that trained the rebels whom the French are fighting. Some of them are the same rebels who went off to fight for Kadafi during the Libyan uprising, earning a hatred for all Blacks over there.

Thanks Uncle Sam.

5. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

6. Destructus86

Destructus86 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't work....how will all of americans with our gigantic pickup trucks and SUV's continue to consume the gas we so clearly love?

7. enterthemadness

enterthemadness The Triumvirate

um, no. had a smug look on her face today. did u see any of the smackdown rand paul laid on her? flat out said if he were president she be fired. she is way too pro war and smug. she said on video last year how she hopes some country attacks us. just so we can go to war. she war happy.

8. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

I don't think she comes off unscathed either. Having a "so what" attitude about the whole thing doesn't look good to the general public. But knowing how the media will cover her testimony, they'll skip over a lot of the stuff she got grilled on and make it look like people are bullying her. They have to protect their golden goose for the 2016 election. Don't really get the love affair with the Clintons.

9. Paradoxium

Paradoxium Making Your Head Explode

I like to congratulate Obama, Congress and every "Democracy" cheerleader on arming the Libyan rebels. Culminating in a Libya not only far worse than before (warlord civil war), now the mass proliferation of weapons towards all sorts of groups who are counter to American interest. Not to mention the Mali & Algerian trolls using United States (provided) weapons, on top of the "liberated" Libyan weapons.

Congratulations.

Reap what you sow.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  10. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

Please find that video for me....because I smell BS.

11. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

Well, hell.....we did the same thing with Syria, Afghanistan, etc....why not Libya.

12. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

So what attitude? Really? Where??? because she wants to find the people who did it, make sure it never happens again.

People are so ready for someone's head to roll for what has happened, that they are totally forgetting to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

The politics of this is far outweighing anyone's ability to see to the future. And sorry E....Paul's rant was purely political bull s**t and absolutely nothing else. He isn't riding the high horse, he is sitting under its ass and playing in it to reap political back slaps.

13. Thundercrack85

Thundercrack85 Well-Known Member

That is inevitable. In East Asia they are still using weapons from Vietnam. Hell in some places they're still using grease guns left over from World War II.

What would people have preferred? To let Gaddafi massacre his people, and continue his reign? You know, the guy who armed countless terrorist outfits, invaded his neighbors, and turned mercenaries on his own people.

Or to let the war drag on indefinitely, causing even more turmoil?

Try to think before you post.

14. enterthemadness

Well, OKAY...I was a bit wrong. She says something to the effect 'they are people who...' but she comes off smug.

[YT]xvhBoF_pCHo[/YT]

15. souvlaki

souvlaki Well-Known Member

Rand Paul was fantasizing about what what he would do as President and you are calling her smug?

16. enterthemadness

From what I saw, the first couple minutes, she had a 'playa please' look on her face. As in 'Please, you DO know who I am, bro, right?'

Although I do agree. She runs in 2016, she most likely gets Democratic Nomination. Rand runs in 2016...well, GOP hates anything that smells libertarian, so while he might make more of a push than his father and maybe carry a state or two, I don't see him winning the GOP Nomination.

17. Fading

Fading ---

Rand, IMO, hasn't shown much in the way of being good presidential material. He's making himself almost as available as McCain in all of the mud slinging on a lot of issues anymore. Almost as if he wants to be in the spotlight so bad he inserts himself as often as he can. Most of what he says during these moments come off as backing the party line mantra. The more I see him in the headlines, the more tired I get of hearing his name, instead of the opposite.

18. Red Mask

Red Mask Human Killing Machine

The recent hostage crisis in Algeria was truly tragic with so many hostages dead. Although Japan and America are heading an inquiry on how it was handled so badly neither country have deep colonial roots there. Like Mali, Algeria was colonised by the French and so many perspectives about Algeria's culture will come from that.

On that note, whatever the result of France's military involvement right now, at least it's better strategy than what happened in DC's Titans comic, where the country ended up getting nuked.

19. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

20. Midnyte_Sun

Midnyte_Sun Medianoche de Sol

Because that's worked so good against George W Bush for illegally invading a country? The more peace talks are delayed, the more the Israelis will consolidate and expand their settlements. The US and Europe should both spearhead peace talks since they are both financing the conflict.

21. Cosmic

Cosmic Mystic

You know, all this time, I've wondered what Rand Paul would do on his first day in the Oval Office, if he was the president. Thanks for sharing, Rand. And never give up on your dreams. Seriously.

22. Paradoxium

Yes, because you are going to get a massacre either way. At least he is more stable in a relative sense.

23. Thundercrack85

Thundercrack85 Well-Known Member

You would rather have Libya run by an anti-American strongman who has had a hand in the deaths of hundreds of Americans than a fledgling liberal democracy which actually doesn't hate the US?

Gaddafi gone is a plus for everyone except the crazies he used to support.

24. Paradoxium

Instead we a corrupt government that hates the US anyways, who are slaughtering the loyalists, raping the women and murdering anyone black. It's all good.

25. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Well-Known Member

The United States wasn't the only one supporting the Libya rebels. Europe's Big Three (Britain, France and Germany) were too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.