Discussion: Racism - Part 4

Just disagreeing with the idea of racism is not, in itself racist.

When it comes to Larry Elder... racist is not the particular word that I would use to describe him, though he is purposely pushing an agenda that is his claim to fame. Greedy. Self serving. Grand standing. Lacking in moral fiber. Stupid. Those would be more appropriate words IMO.

I'm pretty sure that he knows his arguments are bullcrap, and he just peddles them for money / to be successful. It could be that he is truly stupid though. That's possible. He's a climate science denier.. so he may just be an idiot.

Someone being black does not automatically absolve them of pushing a racist agenda. You've got people like Paris Dennard who basically wants to be to Trump as Samuel L. Jackson was to Leonardo DiCaprio in Django Unchained.

I don't even know what you're talking about, honest.

I stand by every single thing that I said, I just wanted to show you a video of a black man making the same argument that I'm making. If I am a racist then he must be as well.

I don't believe Elder went into how African American crime is influenced by their environment, which is where the racism argument came from. And again, these things are on a spectrum. I don't know the magical mark where one can officially be considered a racist. That being said, if he believes that African Americans are inherently more violent, then yeah that's racist.

I don't even know what you're talking about, honest.

I stand by every single thing that I said, I just wanted to show you a video of a black man making the same argument that I'm making. If I am a racist then he must be as well.
You can find far more videos of black people who would point out how ridiculous your argument is. Does that count any less?

An interesting post I saw on the book of faces:

How can a cop go into the wrong apartment, drunk, kill someone and still be allowed to be on the street?!

How can a cop go into the wrong apartment, drunk, kill someone and still be allowed to be on the street?!

Got a source on her being drunk? I saw where she was still in uniform just off her shift so I don't think she was. Not that people don't drink on the job.

Thought the Dallas police were seeking to charge her with manslaughter.

She hasn't been formally charged yet so she is still free to go about.

Come on. This is an open and shut case. Let's not pretend that had this been a civilian that she would not be locked up by now.

Do not underestimate the blue line, the fraternity of cops.

Time after time after time a cop can shoot someone in what would otherwise be outright murder and they are given a slap on the wrist and never prosecuted. And in the rare times they are hardly ever found guilty.

Which is a problem, in the instances like this one. Obviously she should both lose her career and be charged with this, it's a pretty clear-cut case.

It's when you start getting into the assumptions the cop's in the wrong, like the Michael Brown case, and no amount of evidence is going to sway those who've made up their minds from the first (eventually dispelled) rumors, that this blanket stuff becomes a problem.

She's in the wrong, she should go down over it. As with the other guys in the south that shot those dudes running away. It's hardly indicative of the norm though.

It's hardly uncommon either. It happens more often than it gets reported. Only high profile or fortunate cases with clear evidence get made public.

Time after time after time a cop can shoot someone in what would otherwise be outright murder and they are given a slap on the wrist and never prosecuted. And in the rare times they are hardly ever found guilty.

It's weird that a cop can get away with that stuff, but the minute that same cop is accused of a different crime such as corruption or drug trafficking, he gets 50 years to life. I find that weird.

It's weird that a cop can get away with that stuff, but the minute that same cop is accused of a different crime such as corruption or drug trafficking, he gets 50 years to life. I find that weird.

Psh, when does that happen? I don't hear about it often at all. The police are basically untouchable. They look after their own.

And when a cop does do the right thing and arrest a fellow officer they are often seen as a rat and untrustworthy.

Psh, when does that happen? I don't hear about it often at all. The police are basically untouchable. They look after their own.

It may not happen as much now, but I have seen programs where it happened a lot in the 90's. Unsolved Mysteries profiled some of these cases, including a local sheriff accused of inappropriate touching of minors.

It's been a news story for the past week about near me about 7 NYPD officers being charged for a prostitution and drug ring.

Also, the story making the rounds about the white cop shooting the black man in his home really showcases a skew in race relations! She wasn't arrested for three days and then, was out on bail! She was charged with manslaughter and released on bail! Meanwhile, near me, a black kid steals a cab and leads cops on a chase. He smashes into several cop cars in the process No one is injured. He's being held without bail. Hmm...

Wow just seen the story of that cop in Dallas killing the black guy in his own apartment. Don't want to chalk that up to racism just seen it was being discussed in this thread.

My mind boggles how this isn't a very simple conviction.

Swap the roles and I bet it isn't anywhere near as complicated when a black/white guy accidently walks in to cops home and shoots them because they think its there home lol they wouldn't be able to throw the key away fast enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"