Discussion: Racism - Part 4

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thread Manager, Jul 8, 2018.

1. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

The old rural or small town folk are the real 'insert country here' people as opposed to diverse city dwelling liberals is a tale as old as time, that mindset exists the world over.

Teelie, KRYPTON INC. and MilkmanDan like this.
  2. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Black Lives Matter protesters who toppled the statue of slaver Edward Colston in Bristol, UK were cleared of criminal damage charges. Seems like Jury nullification won it for them :D. The Jury went "we know your guilty but ***** that statue, we're letting you go free" :funny:.

Closet racist types are livid. No doubt the Daily Mail comment section is flooded with angry bigots mad about the verdict.

#5679 chamber-music, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    MilkmanDan and Sithborg like this.
  3. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Seems like people were out in front of their government. Makes you wonder who the leaders are......

4. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I guess this is one of the rare circumstances where the law wasn't laid down but justice was served.

5. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

2 given life without possibility of parole for murdering Arbery. The other given life with possibility.

6. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Bryan will be 82 when he is eligible for parole. The others won't be walking out of jail.

7. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

Well, I guess that put the nail in the coffin of racism. :whatever:

8. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Which reminds me they still have to face hate crime trials yes? Could that add more time for Bryan or will the charges be concurrent?

9. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

I don't really understand the point, but I'm not an attorney. 2 of them got 20 year sentences tacked on to their life imprisonment without parole sentences to be served consecutively. Were they expecting visits from Lazarus or something?

10. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

11. DJ Kornphlake Registered (P)

I think the point of prosecuting them for hate crimes is to demonstrate the repercussions of committing hate crimes, regardless of whatever sentences they've received for other crimes.

Erzengel likes this.
  12. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

Disable Javascript

13. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

CRT (which is not taught in public schools) has always been a lie to hide white racism running roughshod over non-whites.

14. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

If you read anything by a black author, it is CRT. That is a fact......in some circles. This situation seems to have evolved into not teaching history if it doesn't fit the vision of ignorant bigots, but maybe that's not much of an evolution.

RockSP likes this.
  15. Sithborg Registered

16. Marvolo Registered

Student bodies should start bringing the banned books to their school libraries in protest. Drop copies of the banned books all over the school.:hehe:

:fst:

#5694 Marvolo, Jan 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  17. Sithborg Registered

18. MagnarTheGreat Web Ninja

19. InCali I got a pUpgrade!

One less ******* on the police force.

KRYPTON INC. likes this.
  20. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I see this and I hope I don't get called insensitive or something wrongly but it puts me in the mind of when after I was attacked on the subway in June that I went ot the detectives squad in Coney Island and these uniform cops drive me home and they went into an anti Mayor (Then Deblasio) and City Council rant, a prepared script they pull on victims of violent crime in the city recently to justify the NYPD's **** record since they decided that if we are gonna pay them and hold them accountable that they'll just respond by NOT doing their jobs. People just recovering from violence and personal violation are gonna be open to the Copaganda pitch. As I sat in that cruiser, the only time I've ever bee in a police car I will add, I felt very, very, very uneasy. I knew what the message was these cops were saying but I had to censor any response because these two officers were obviously not going to listent and frankly they are armed and there's no accountability worth noting for police in America. So few speak up because this is an armed group who can run your ass to jail and there's NOTHING that can be done about it in any meaningful way right now. I had to call the cops at my job shortly after this and they came and did nothing but stayed long enough to deliver their BS anti Mayor/City Council script.

What this Lt. went through is what we all FEAR. And for people of color in the U.S. this is all too common. We are heading intoa situation where the cops and other LEOs on the local level are simply too powerful and too brazen with their corruption and abuse and we the people on a one on one basis in interacting with police feel helpless.

Those in the public reading this... This is what is happening all over and it's ramped up the last 5-6 years. Now the police are literally cheer leading a criminal pandemic (While getting destroyed by the actual medical pandemic that's killing the cops too obstinate to take the vaccine...) like mobsters going "Nice city you have here... Would be a shame if we the cops let the criminals burn it and all your lives to the ground, no?"

Cops need to be held to account for things like this.

We want law and order.

But that means justice across the board applied to all equally.

RockSP likes this.
  21. Marvolo Registered