Discussion: Racism - Part 4

Some people just like to fight and argue. :(

That last tweet says it all. People have their priorities all wrong. :(

Conservatives do everything to rationalize their racism in entertainment and politics.

Science and mermaids.

...:wall:

Conservatives do everything to rationalize their racism in entertainment and politics.

In terms of the evolution of aquatic adaptations (or any adaptation), it would be impossible to end up with a critter who’s top human and bottom fish (or vice versa :cwink:). Even land mammals who’ve returned to the sea (e.g., whales, seals, manatees) are only superficially “fish like.” None have re-evolved scales (they still have skin); none have re-evolved gills (they’re still air breathers); and, more obviously, none have evolved to look remotely human (a body plan that is spectacularly poor for undersea existence — sorry, Aquaman :O).

So if we allow the conceit of mermaids and mermen (because, you know, fantasy), it means we’ve totally abandoned any pretense at biological or evolutionary realism. Therefore, to “scientifically” object to a mermaid’s pigmentation is utterly bonkers.

One has to ask oneself, just how bad is it that Blaze is going to fire you.

Only if you completely ignore the last 500 years of settler colonialism, the construction of white supremacy--> , the purpose, utilization, and function of whiteness* in this society, which is maintained by white supremacy.

Context is what makes these statements different. White people do not live in a world dominated by blackness, a construct that is oppressive of all others. This is basic, sociology 101 stuff.

We don't need to "play" the game, because we made the game. Anti-blackness in the west serves as the progenitor for all other forms of oppression. And American specifically, was founded on a black & white color line. Every country that was colonized, used blackness as the barometric for the absence of humanity.

Our strides, and our fight for justice, and civil rights, are what paved the way for OTHER minorities to fight for theirs. I mean, you should know this, right? Being Black & all.
You do realize the point is the ignoring part right? The way you are ignoring anti-Semitism and transphobia to cape for someone simply because they are black. Oh God, you are one of those that don't think a black person can be racist or bigoted. You really do think that being black gives someone a shield, meaning their bigotry doesn't matter.

Fun exercise, try telling that bold bit to someone Jewish. I'm sure they will agree that all other forms of oppression start with anti-blackness "in the west".

Also, bro, I'm Afro Latino. While my skin tone is darker then most, I'd be hard press to call everyone related to me black. The Spanish and Americans still took our land and slaughtered us. So yeah, maybe calm down the rhetoric that being black is the only oppression that matters.

Nury Martinez Resigns as LA City Council President Over Recording That Included Racist Slurs
Council members Nury Martinez and Kevin de León issued apologies Sunday for an attack on Mike Bonin during a conversation in 2021 that included racist slurs.

USA Today - Tuberville makes racist comment about reparations, Black people, crime

I'm glad they didn't soft pedal the headline too much like other news outlets do.

USA Today - Kanye, Tuberville antisemitic, racist remarks must be rebuked by GOP (Op-Ed)

Last edited:
Looking at the reactions and some clips of Great British Bake Off, and hoo boy.

Its been a real banner week for antisemitism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"