Discussion: Racism - Part 4

When I was a kid, none of us or our friends loved Hitler. The End.

Musk needs some serious mental health care.

Musk needs serious mental health care. Kanye needs mental health care. There are people nobody knows with a lot less money who need mental health care. We should make this about them, not deranged billionaires.

So, people really, really don't like calling the royal family racist?

Good ol England.

Obviously not the entire family is racist but they are so secretive and covert about who is that it does them no favors.

Last edited:
An elitist family with a legacy of colonization. Who would've suspected they might be racist and expel their first black family member?

That is no secret but the idea none of them are racist, especially the older ones? I would hope the younger royals are more accepting than Charles and his generation.

They are rich and white. They are racist. The degrees will vary, of course.

ADL: Hate is No Game: Hate and Harassment in Online Games 2022

Vice - Senator Asks Gabe Newell Why Steam Hosts So Much Neo-Nazi Content

Polygon - US lawmakers question top game publishers on online extremism and hate

Seven members of Congress are writing the leaders of 15 video game publishers on Friday to ask how they respond to, and mitigate, extremist and harassing behavior in their online communities.

A draft of the letter, published Thursday evening by Axios, cites the latest “Hate and Harassment in Online Games” report from the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) to express the lawmakers’ concern. The ADL has published a study of extremist and toxic online behavior each year since 2019. The current report, released on Dec. 6, says “[a]n estimated 2.3 million teens were exposed to white supremacist ideology,” in online video games spanning Fortnite, Roblox, Apex Legends, and the Madden NFL series.

“We are writing to better understand the processes you have in place to handle player reports of harassment and extremism encounters in your online games,” say the seven lawmakers, all of them Democrats. “Authorities around the world like the United States’ Department of Homeland Security and the EU’s Radicalisation Awareness Network are taking notice and launching investigations into how extremists use online gaming spaces to radicalize young people.”

Axios said the letter would be sent Friday to the corporate leadership of Activision Blizzard, Electronic Arts, Epic Games, Microsoft, Riot Games, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Square Enix, Take-Two Interactive, Tencent, Ubisoft, Valve Corp., and the makers of Among Us, Roblox and PUBG. Notably, Nintendo of America was not included.

The lawmakers ask the companies what data they collect “on in-game player reporting mechanisms and automatic bans for inappropriate behavior,” and whether they would consider “releasing those data in regular transparency reporting.” They also asked the companies how they identify “extremist content in your games,” and whether they have policies in place to address it.

Video game companies make money from toxic players but they also lose money from them as well driving people away whether they admit it or not. A lot of these video game companies are social networks like Twitter and Facebook now yet they do not want to moderate or do the bare minimum even though they are exposing children to content that is above the ESRB ratings and worse.

Last edited:
I seriously hate the idea of banning books. Some books shouldn't be in a young kids' school library, but they should still be in a public one. Banning or burning books just makes me want to rebel, lol. :p

So, there was a bunch of drama on a facebook group about local restaurants. The owner of a viking themed bar was trying to say it isn't a biker bar, despite signage and location. And used language to come off a bit racist, which, honestly, from my view, you are already half way there when you are using viking imagery.

I wonder....

My daughter won't like that. She eats white bread and buys fresh meat. Assuming this affects the disabled of course. On the other hand, I doubt this will make it through the Senate.

No American cheese? Those communists. Wait a minute, that's sponsored by Republicans? I thought they were all "America first" and they won't even let poor people have American cheese?

My daughter won't like that. She eats white bread and buys fresh meat. Assuming this affects the disabled of course. On the other hand, I doubt this will make it through the Senate.

Its the Iowa state legislature that is proposing these restrictions.

Never underestimate the cruelty of lower governments.

Its the Iowa state legislature that is proposing these restrictions.

Never underestimate the cruelty of lower governments.
I'd like to think that wouldn't happen here in Massachusetts but I guess you never know. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"