Discussion: Racism - Part 4

In secret recordings, a top Anchorage [Alaska] library official calls Alaska Natives ‘woke’ and ‘racists’
Despite Judy Eledge’s history of inflammatory comments and social media posts, Anchorage’s mayor placed her in a key position in the city’s library and Alaska’s governor awarded her public money and a national role. What’s more, city and state agencies meant to protect Alaskans’ civil rights have been hamstrung.
“I happened to live in Barrow,” she said, referring to the mostly Inupiat city that residents in 2016 renamed Utqiagvik. “They consider themselves Inupiat Eskimos but they got a bunch of woke, liberal, I consider racist Native people, young people. … It’s all about ‘We stole their land.’ Which is bullshirt!”

“They got a bunch of woke, liberal, I consider racist, Native people”

Eledge, 76, seamlessly moved from topic to topic, sharing her disgust with the use of Indigenous land acknowledgements and the sharing of pronouns. She called transgender people “very troubled” and said she was surprised that her recent public testimony against transgender girls participating in girls school sports had not made the front page of the Anchorage Daily News.

“Equitable, to me, is a racist word,” she said to her subordinate, who recorded the conversation because she feared no one would believe her about how Eledge interacted with her colleagues. At one point, Eledge noted that library employees were working to “wipe out everything white in the world.”

Carolyn Bryant, Emmett Till's accuser has died, unrepentant.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2023/04/28/carolyn-bryant-accused-emmett-till/

Emmett Till's cousin says the death of Carolyn Bryant Donham, whose accusations led to the teen's lynching, will not bring his family closure: 'Death can never provide justice owed'

Reminder that the Emmett Till Antilynching Act only became a law in f***ing 2022, and this woman and his killers were never held accountable for any of it. :(
Insane that the bill was passed only last year, or wrong that we needed a bill to spell out what should be known as reprehensible by all. :(

Carolyn Bryant, Emmett Till's accuser has died, unrepentant.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2023/04/28/carolyn-bryant-accused-emmett-till/

Emmett Till's cousin says the death of Carolyn Bryant Donham, whose accusations led to the teen's lynching, will not bring his family closure: 'Death can never provide justice owed'

Reminder that the Emmett Till Antilynching Act only became a law in f***ing 2022, and this woman and his killers were never held accountable for any of it. :(
If there is any sort of afterlife I hope she is paying now.

Oooh boy, the discourse over a white man openly murdering a black man on camera sure is something.

Yes, Richard that is exactly what they are telling you.
d7edc42bac6f53ba9769f59f97bf91fe_xl.jpg

Incel says a lot. Blame others for everything that has gone wrong in his life. I get that we need free speech, but I wonder why people who spew this crap aren't watched. :(

At the risk of sounding bigoted myself, I find it odd that a person whose name is clearly foreign would have a nazi flag and seem to be a white nationalist.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"