Discussion: Racism - Part 4

I don't understand it. It's okay for people of color to cosplay white superheroes without "white face". So what is that causes white people to say, "let's go the extra mile". Sure, there will be a vocal minority ranting about "white washing", but good lord, that's better than the black face. Is it just that it is easier for white people to do with make up?

It's just that these particular white people have it in their heads that being well intentioned is something you decide about yourself in a vacuum. As if historical context just goes out the window because well I decided this is okay.

I don't understand it. It's okay for people of color to cosplay white superheroes without "white face". So what is that causes white people to say, "let's go the extra mile". Sure, there will be a vocal minority ranting about "white washing", but good lord, that's better than the black face. Is it just that it is easier for white people to do with make up?

White girls + Instagram = Automatic stupidity

I blame the followers. Like thefatjewish who steals content from other people but has 10 million followers. If you don't encourage that behaviour with likes and follows, they'll stop doing it.

Great idea for improving Western society. Force every "Instagram model" to marry an incel. In a mass ceremony in the same place. And drop a neutron bomb on it.

I just don't get why people think blackface is still okay just because they weren't "trying" to make fun of anyone. It's not about what you as a perpetrator feel. If I hit and kill someone with my car, I'm not suddenly innocent of vehicular manslaughter just because I wasn't trying to do it.

Are you seriously comparing this to killing someone?

Even if we are just comparing the intent this is a ridiculous comparison, if you even unintentionally were to kill someone you should face a serious sentence I don't think that same punishment should apply to someone who has unintentionally offended someone.

Worth noting as well this woman is from Lithuania, think a lot of people see these sort of things from the perspective of how these things are viewed in the US and it could very easily be nowhere near as big as social issue over there.

For example if you seen a procession of people in white hoods walking down your street you like I would likely think they are real racist's on procession but in Spain the Nazareno's wear a costume that from far away looks identical and are part of a holy festival and predate the Klan by centuries.

Are you seriously comparing this to killing someone?

Even if we are just comparing the intent this is a ridiculous comparison, if you even unintentionally were to kill someone you should face a serious sentence I don't think that same punishment should apply to someone who has unintentionally offended someone.

Worth noting as well this woman is from Lithuania, think a lot of people see these sort of things from the perspective of how these things are viewed in the US and it could very easily be nowhere near as big as social issue over there.

For example if you seen a procession of people in white hoods walking down your street you like I would likely think they are real racist's on procession but in Spain the Nazareno's wear a costume that from far away looks identical and are part of a holy festival and predate the Klan by centuries.

Where did I say that the punishment should be the same? The comparison was intentionally hyperbolic, so there's no need to take it literally. It's not about the crime, it's about understanding that your intent doesn't free you from consequences. Ignorance also doesn't free you from consequences. It's not anyone else's problem but her own that she didn't educate herself on a common issue in the cosplay community. She has full access to the internet obviously, so I don't feel the least bit bad about her temp ban from the platform.

If it's any American cosplayer or anyone in America at all, they should know regardless of whether they feel it's a big deal or not that they shouldn't do black face because it's not acceptable. However, I don't know what it's like in other countries and I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the Lithuanian woman that she didn't know that it was seen as offensive in other cultures/places, etc.

Last edited:
So apparently some gamers are upset that in the latest Mortal Kombat the character Jax's ending has him going back in time and preventing American chattel slavery. Supposedly those that are upset feel it's racist and promotes white genocide.

:huh::lmao:

Jussie Smollett's legal team is being sued for defamation by two brothers who say they continue to be accused of carrying out a racist and homophobic attack against the actor.

I have always been curious about why Nazis never went to South Africa after World War II. One would think that the ideals of the Nazis would be something the Apartheid government of South Africa would embrace. Instead many of those who escaped went to Latin America, most notably Argentina.

Wow, they delayed Tubman being placed on the 20 dollar bill for 8 years. And then some try to argue that Trump and his administration aren't the most obvious racist of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"