Discussion: Racism - Part 4

Yeah because the woman was in a que she shouldn't have been in.

What about the initial part where she laid on the crocodile tears in her first public post that he has said that to her then changed her tune in the second interview when she realised there was zero proof.

No one said racism is never a problem this is just a case where there is no racism so there is no problem.

Oh yeah this guy sounds like a real Trumper to the bone:sleepy:

Why can't racists just own their racism instead of trying to say they aren't racist?

At least when I was at school, the other racist kids owned their racism. If you were to say to them "you're racist", it would've meant as much as saying "you're mean". It would hardly be an insult to them and they would just laugh it off and continue to use their racist slurs.

Now, because we live in a more PC age, the idiot racists would somehow take offence at being labelled as such.

I bet if Trump were president in a previous era, he would've simply owned his racism and wouldn't care whether you thought he was one or not. Now he probably knows it will be frowned upon.

A guy I went to high school with when asked if he was racist would literally say “yes I am”.

Why can't racists just own their racism instead of trying to say they aren't racist?

At least when I was at school, the other racist kids owned their racism. If you were to say to them "you're racist", it would've meant as much as saying "you're mean". It would hardly be an insult to them and they would just laugh it off and continue to use their racist slurs.

Now, because we live in a more PC age, the idiot racists would somehow take offence at being labelled as such.

I bet if Trump were president in a previous era, he would've simply owned his racism and wouldn't care whether you thought he was one or not. Now he probably knows it will be frowned upon.

Being racist has been bad for some time. A lot of boomers took credit for the Civil Rights Movement, and just figured the fight was done. According to MLK, the biggest wall to preventing progress was the moderate, not the racist. The more "pc age" you are referring to, is acknowledging that racism is more than white supremacy.

Being racist has been bad for some time. A lot of boomers took credit for the Civil Rights Movement, and just figured the fight was done. According to MLK, the biggest wall to preventing progress was the moderate, not the racist. The more "pc age" you are referring to, is acknowledging that racism is more than white supremacy.

I'm pretty sure there were probably some white supremacists at school when I was there, although I hadn't heard of the term back then. It was a nearly all-white school, and only a few other ethnic minorities. Most of the white people were immediately racist towards anyone not of the same colour. I didn't even know of the concept of racism until I set foot in school for the first time and experienced it first hand every single day for the rest of my school life. Even some of the teachers were racist and encouraged the other pupils.

She went way too far. That's almost George Zimmerman level stuff.

No, this is worse because these teens weren't commiting a crime.
I said almost cause no one died or was physically injured. Psychologically traumatized yeah.

I said almost cause no one died or was physically injured. Psychologically traumatized yeah.

I don't see the comparison. Zimmerman never shower a gun until Martin was already on top of him, hitting him.

This is close to like when that guy shot at a kid for knocking on his door after missing the bus to school.

Martin was being followed by a wannabe cop and stood up for himself. That's not a crime and he sure as **** didn't deserve to die for it.

I would argue that almost no one deserves to die for a crime they commit. And the ****ed up thing is that so many people think that if you steal something or smoke an illegal drug and you're killed for it, you deserve it. It's perverse.

That is the irony of the law and order type. They are all for killing people for even petty crimes because it's "justice." Nevermind if they were the ones who committed a petty crime they wouldn't want to be killed for it.

Martin was being followed by a wannabe cop and stood up for himself. That's not a crime and he sure as **** didn't deserve to die for it.

I would argue that almost no one deserves to die for a crime they commit. And the ****ed up thing is that so many people think that if you steal something or smoke an illegal drug and you're killed for it, you deserve it. It's perverse.

Beating someone to the ground is not a valid response to them following you. Not from a legal standpoint or even socially. In a lot of other situations, this would talked about as toxic masculinity. You compared this situation before to street harassment towards women from men but that's not what happened. Its not that simple. Zimmerman was sitting is his vehicle when Martin took off running and when he did get out of his truck he didn't even go the same direction as Martin.

Punching someone in the face isn't a reasonable response to that person suspecting you of a crime.

Martin wasn't shot for being suspicious or being high or stealing, he was shot because he decided to assault someone over a misunderstanding.

That is the irony of the law and order type. They are all for killing people for even petty crimes because it's "justice." Nevermind if they were the ones who committed a petty crime they wouldn't want to be killed for it.

Beating someone in the face isnt a petty crime.

And George Zimmerman is not a ****ing cop.

This. It wasn't Zimmerman's effing job to follow Martin at all.

And if anyone wants to argue that he was "doing the right thing", maybe they can tell me why men don't stick up for women who get harassed on the street. I believe the reason was that it wasn't worth the risk for a guy to tell another guy to shut up in case he got his ass kicked.

But apparently it's more than reasonable for a guy to follow a black kid he finds suspicious. Zimmerman getting his ass kicked should have been the end of it.

I am betting the majority of the time someone that has zero authority to stop someone else on the way to going to where they live is not going to end with an "Okay, I guess I will have to put up with this person out of the blue claiming they can decide where I go" type reactions and will easily move into "hands getting tbrown" category real fast.

But Martin's only reasonable response was that he was supposed to become Gandhi to some eyes, and the responsibility was on him not the person who had they done nothing and minded their own business would not have instigated the events which led to an INNOCENT unarmed teenager goinG home being shot.

But the tragedy of that is beyond some people's ability to comprehend because they probably refuse to see that Martin was a fellow citizen and had the right to go home without being harassed or stopped by anyone who didn't have any authority to do so.

Zimmerman is a POS human being, but if he ended up getting shot because he was going home and someone with zero authority under the law to hold him did so and he went on his way regardless and that escalated to a physical alteration where he got shot I'd be on Zimmerman's side 100% because no one has the right to stop a person and hold them when they are just going home.

But some can't extend the courtesy of seeing citizens of a certain background the same way they see themselves or those like themselves. And I have no doubt that had the races been reversed with the same outcome and lack of prosecution based on the idiocy of the laws in Florida that the incident would be the rallying cry for most of the same people always defending Zimmerman, for years now, as some evidence of how the country has for too long given non-whites preferential treatment and that this is a wake up call to arm yourself lest some non-white person attempt to stop you or your children or significant others from traveling freely.

I have a question for people here: Do you consider Michael Brown's death as a murder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"