Discussion: State Rights

I loved Texas. I was there for a few days a couple of years ago, I'd love to go back.

There is even talk of maybe our Company will move to Houston. That would be great!

There is even talk of maybe our Company will move to Houston. That would be great!

Houston sucks. I grew up there. It's always humid, sometimes up to 100%. The mosquitoes are TERRIBLE.

It would be because of the Port. Only 2 Ports bring in Products from Central America, Houston and Miami on a Regular Basis.

The thing about being a born and bred Texan....

We don't really give a **** what others thing about us, so, its all good......lol

If Rick Perry wants to show me how f'in serious he is about the Federal Gub-ment being irresponsible he can do something about that porous southern border. I live not in texas but near to a trailer park that's half white trash 25% Mexican and 25% Guatamalan/Honduran. Does that make my comments any more relevant? :-)

If Rick Perry wants to show me how f'in serious he is about the Federal Gub-ment being irresponsible he can do something about that porous southern border. I live not in texas but near to a trailer park that's half white trash 25% Mexican and 25% Guatamalan/Honduran. Does that make my comments any more relevant? :-)

You do realize that he wants to do something about that porous border, but is being held back by, as you call it, the Gub-ment.

Gov. Perry shouldn't have to worry about the border, should be a federal government issue with federal agents (for all I care, the Army) on the border from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean.

Those are kinda my points. The feds have a long established precedent of *****ebaggery vis a vis Texas and Perry. Maybe this was his tipping point and he finally said something (and exposed the nation to his sonic assault of a laugh - which I like; it doesn't seem maniacal and I think more politicians should laugh). Or maybe he's just a grandstanding politician "exploiting a crisis".
You make the call!

He's a grandstanding politician "exploiting a crisis".

He is about to embark in an actual tough campaign....one he has not had yet. He is going to have to fight for the Republican nomination against a very well known, very well liked, very well respected long time US Senator for the governorship of Texas.

He's scared ****less....

why is a US Senator taking a step down to be the Governor?? Kay is a heavyweight in DC so I really don't get it

She's probably sick of Washington and wants to get in touch with the people. Being a governor is probably more rewarding and challenging than being 1 in 100.

I am going to throw a little something about Texas. (I dont know about other states compared to Texas)

It trully is a great place. Its extremely friendly, and boy, Texas has a historic mistrust of government dating back to our formation. That is why the Texas House meets ONCE every two years. The thought being, the less they meet, the less the screw with our lives.

why is a US Senator taking a step down to be the Governor?? Kay is a heavyweight in DC so I really don't get it

That is a question I asked when I first heard about this.....many say that is why McCain didn't go with her for VP, because she was already looking at the governorship.

I'm not happy that she's running......I WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE HER fighting for Texas from her Senate seat....

My thoughts are that, she is looking at retiring, and being closer to home the last years of her political life, and leading the state that she loves looks good to her. I can understand that....

I am going to throw a little something about Texas. (I dont know about other states compared to Texas)

It trully is a great place. Its extremely friendly, and boy, Texas has a historic mistrust of government dating back to our formation. That is why the Texas House meets ONCE every two years. The thought being, the less they meet, the less the screw with our lives.

I didn't get that vibe during the day and a half I spent driving through the state

I didn't get that vibe during the day and a half I spent driving through the state

You can't get much of anything from any state driving through for a day and a half.

I drove through Kansas, and all I saw was flint hills or something, but I certainly didn't make my opinion of Kansas from that......I would however make my opinion after actually spending some time there, talking with a variety of people.

You can't get much of anything from any state driving through for a day and a half.

I drove through Kansas, and all I saw was flint hills or something, but I certainly didn't make my opinion of Kansas from that......I would however make my opinion after actually spending some time there, talking with a variety of people.

Ok...well when I walk into a gas station/diner and every single person in there is looking at me as I walk to the counter to pay for gas...makes me feel weird

That is a question I asked when I first heard about this.....many say that is why McCain didn't go with her for VP, because she was already looking at the governorship.

I'm not happy that she's running......I WOULD MUCH RATHER HAVE HER fighting for Texas from her Senate seat....

My thoughts are that, she is looking at retiring, and being closer to home the last years of her political life, and leading the state that she loves looks good to her. I can understand that....
Or maybe she thinks she's got a some good years still ahead of her and she's positioning for a run for the white house. It seems very unlikely, but it is a thought that popped into my head.

Ok...well when I walk into a gas station/diner and every single person in there is looking at me as I walk to the counter to pay for gas...makes me feel weird

I don't know what to tell ya, except that really doesn't say anything more than it seems you were paranoid at the time. You've said this type of thing before....and maybe if you looked for the positive, rather than the negative you might find some.

You make an assumption, and opinion of a place because people looked at you?

ok......I don't know what to tell ya....

I don't know what to tell ya, except that really doesn't say anything more than it seems you were paranoid at the time. You've said this type of thing before....and maybe if you looked for the positive, rather than the negative you might find some.

You make an assumption, and opinion of a place because people looked at you?

ok......I don't know what to tell ya....

I could see in a place like that if someone walks in, people look at them, and then go back to eating or whatever....I walked in and got stared at until I walked out...that's creepy

I could see in a place like that if someone walks in, people look at them, and then go back to eating or whatever....I walked in and got stared at until I walked out...that's creepy

Where were you?

That has happened to me and a black friend of mine....but then again we were in Pine Bluff, Arkansas.....and we knew that was a possibility in that area. This was also 20 years ago....

It also happened to me and my family in Canton, Texas when we first moved there.......we were actually stopped by the Sheriff just to check who we were spending so much time in his town. As soon as we actually spoke with him and others and they knew we were new in town, that all changed. I've had that happen in small town gas stations before...lots of time, but when I smiled and spoke to the cashier, that broke the ice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"