Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 3

According to Axios, Beto O’Rourke is gunning for Greg Abbott’s seat next year.

I wish him luck, ‘cause Abbott’s campaign is going to push that “take your guns” soundbite like no tomorrow.

According to Axios, Beto O’Rourke is gunning for Greg Abbott’s seat next year.

I wish him luck, ‘cause Abbott’s campaign is going to push that “take your guns” soundbite like no tomorrow.
Godspeed, but it's Texas and they cheered on while Abbott did everything he could do limit voting rights during the national and local elections.

Godspeed, but it's Texas and they cheered on while Abbott did everything he could do limit voting rights during the national and local elections.

I do think Abbott’s abortion bounty law, plus that Akin-style gaffe about “no more rapes” is going to fire up women to register and vote.

I don’t know how it will go in Texas come November 2022. It would be awesome if both Abbott and DeSantis got voted out.

DeSantis has a better than 50% chance of getting the boot in FL. Whereas all these voter suppression laws in Texas makes it more difficult.

She's about as useful to the Party as a third ash cheek.

Business Insider - Joe Manchin, who is holding up crucial climate change initiatives in Biden's reconciliation bill, collects $500,000 a year from coal stocks dividends: report

As The Guardian reported in partnership with the Center for Media and Democracy in July, Manchin himself founded a private coal brokerage in 1998 called "Enersystems." Though currently run by his son, Manchin still owns as much as a $5 million stake in the company, raking in $500,000 of income from it in 2020 alone. As of late 2019, Manchin was by far the most invested of any senator in "dirty energy."

Manchin serves as chair of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, which oversees the coal industry as well as "global climate change." As Sludge reported in early July, Manchin told the 2021 annual conference of the Edison Electric Institute in June that "coal-fired plants are being unfairly targeted by environmentalists."

I mean, he's a West Virginia senator, He is never going to be against coal. Even when its dead.

The planet is in ruins but hey, he got his 500k a year.

We have had TWO POTUS's that were placed into office despite losing the popular vote NOT separated by all that much time.

We have had "minority" rule already. It is a part of why we are in this mess.

We ALLOWED it not once, but twice.

I was rooting for Gallego in '20 before he dropped out and let Kelly take the nom. He'd be a perfect replacement for Sinema, and I have no doubt he'd wreck her in a primary. (And it certainly doesn't hurt to get some Latino representation for the Southwest). It just sucks that we're stuck with her for another three years.

Bernie out here doing his job, Biden's, Schumer's and Pelosi's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"