Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC P - Part 3

Voters would like Sinema more if she, y'know, acted the way in the Senate like she campaigned in 2018 (and actually voted like a progressive D). People don't like two-faced jerks who win their vote, go to Congress, not vote for voting rights and not have a town hall to hear from their constituents.

After the 2022 midterms, I think Ruben Gallego could run against her in 2024 and win. Arizona is getting bluer each year -- and Kelly (an actual D) was re-elected by a much larger margin than she was.

I hope he looks harder at a successor.

Bernie doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell after two failed tries. The backbone of the Democratic Party is Black voters and they don’t like Bernie. They like the man who supported Obama for eight years and helped our country fully open back up after Trump’s disastrous final year.

Biden is 100% running in 2024. The party needs to get behind him and any D candidates challenging R incumbents up for reelection in Congress need to embrace him. Not run away because of his so called unpopularity.

I read in our news medias that Sinema intends to still vote along with the Dems.

I read in our news medias that Sinema intends to still vote along with the Dems.
I don't think there was ever any doubt about it. She wants her committee seats. Now, had Warnock LOST, she could have been the deciding vote for control of the senate and her defection could have meant a 51-49 seat control of the senate for the republicans. Then, all bet would have been off and she probably would have leveraged that with both parties.

Voters would like Sinema more if she, y'know, acted the way in the Senate like she campaigned in 2018 (and actually voted like a progressive D). People don't like two-faced jerks who win their vote, go to Congress, not vote for voting rights and not have a town hall to hear from their constituents.

After the 2022 midterms, I think Ruben Gallego could run against her in 2024 and win. Arizona is getting bluer each year -- and Kelly (an actual D) was re-elected by a much larger margin than she was.

I wish Sinema luck. Because there are going to be a **** ton of ads of her little dance downvoting a federal minimum wage increase. From both her opponents.

US politics seems to have too many people who are in their 80s or late 70s like Biden, Trump, Sanders and Pelosi before she stepped down.
I do think there should be an age cap on government representatives like this. And there are so, so many of them on medications for various mental ailments that are hidden from public view for dementia and Alzheimers.

Those offices already have a minimum age requirement, so precedent is already there.

Plus it'd be nice to have those that are deciding policies of the country for the next few decades to be presumably alive for them.

Sinema, proving she is worst than Manchin.

I mean, she know she was toast in the primary. And I suspect she has been told she doesn't have the support of the AZ Dems. So this is probably her way to fundraise before she can go join Gabbard at Fox News.
It sort of depends on what type of policy you are talking about. On social issues, I would say she's to the left of Manchin (ex the marriage equality bill), BUT she is a corporate toady. Manchin, at least, was open to raising corporate taxes somewhat to help pay for infrastructure.

IMO, Sinema is very, very unlikeable, arrogant, and deceptive. While I'm not overly fond of Manchin, at least you know where he stands. He doesn't thumb his nose at you and act like a Fing prima donna.

Bernie doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell after two failed tries. The backbone of the Democratic Party is Black voters and they don’t like Bernie. They like the man who supported Obama for eight years and helped our country fully open back up after Trump’s disastrous final year.

Biden is 100% running in 2024. The party needs to get behind him and any D candidates challenging R incumbents up for reelection in Congress need to embrace him. Not run away because of his so called unpopularity.

I think we can stop talking about "whether" Biden will run in 2024. Unless he has a serious medical development in the next two years (which is possible, but fairly unlikely), he IS running. Period. Plain and simple. If he runs, no serious candidate is going to oppose him. The party gets that there's too much at stake to weaken the presumptive nominee. You are going to see a LOT of hats in the ring in 2028.

US politics seems to have too many people who are in their 80s or late 70s like Biden, Trump, Sanders and Pelosi before she stepped down.
Agreed. Maybe the young ones just don't want the trouble. :(

I think it's important to have people of different backgrounds, ages, etc serving in public office. That being said, my main concern is POLICY. Running the house or senate takes a certain skill set and you don't acquire that in a few years. Some people will pick it up sooner and others will pick it up later, but it takes time and experience. Are there some people in their 30s who could pull it off? They are probably out there, but AOC herself said she wasn't ready for Pelosi's job and she is one of the smartest, most talented young legislators out there.

We need a mix of people for sure, but first and foremost should be policy and competence. If someone is completely senile (like Dianne Feinstein), they shouldn't be in office, but age, in and of itself, isn't a problem. I wouldn't have a problem with a president like Sanders or Warren (though it won't happen for them) because both are competent and their policy judgement align with me. That's the #1 priority for me.

NY Daily News - Mayor Adams tells progressives who bash the rich to ‘leave’ NYC
“It blows my mind when I hear, ‘So what if they leave?’ No, you leave!” Adams said of people on the political left questioning why the city needs ultra-wealthy residents. “I want my high-income earners right here.”

Adams was speaking at a breakfast event on Wall Street hosted by the Association for a Better New York, and drew applause from the crowd of corporate and civic leaders for his lefty-bashing remarks.

New York really does seem to go out of it's way to elect the worst mayors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"