Discussion: The DEMOCRATIC Party III

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's not just a woman. She's the woman he left his wife, children and state for, on the taxpayer's dime no less. The reason he had to resign in shame.

I think the analogy is apt. Crude, but apt.

She's not a woman. She's the woman he left his wife, children and state for, on the taxpayer's dime no less. The reason he had to resign in shame.

I think the analogy is apt. Crude, but apt.

:dry: *sighs* not even worth a retort...

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/06/richmond_pitches_hits_congress.html

Richmond pitches, hits congressional Dems to 22-0 romp of GOP

WASHINGTON - Before the game, Rep. Cedric Richmond, D-New Orleans, told a reporter that he had a bad head cold and cough and was hoping for rain so he could pitch healthier in a make-up game next week. Maybe, he was just psyching out the opposition.

For the most part, the predicted heavy rain didn't materialize Thursday night. And Richmond pitched a three-hit shutout, hammered three hits, including a triple, leading the Democrats to a 22-0 shellacking of the GOP in the annual congressional baseball game.

That's weird, barely a trickle of news on that in the media.

Because IMO, we have pretty much already deduced that the man is guilty.

Well, I guess that is true, it got some coverage on Fox when it first happened. Although not much on the other media outlets.

Oh, and in all fairness....NPR and New York Times did a blurb on this as well.

Perhaps we should discuss the cuddle factor of both parties. Democrats don't seem all that cuddly...but still...I suppose it's better than the groping from Republicans....

Perhaps we should discuss the cuddle factor of both parties. Democrats don't seem all that cuddly...but still...I suppose it's better than the groping from Republicans....

Oddly enough, you will find discussion about that on Republicans here quite often...this one kind of got missed, although it's been out for a good week. :huh:

Newark Mayor Corey Booker is running for Senate.

Newark Mayor Corey Booker is running for Senate.

Yeah, he will easily get the nomination for the (D) ticket...he will need to stay away from any debates if the (R) candidate has National experience. But he may just win the thing....

I'm tempted to start a Wiener thread, but I might as well bump this thread.

Can this man seriously become mayor of America's biggest city?

I'm tempted to start a Wiener thread, but I might as well bump this thread.

Can this man seriously become mayor of America's biggest city?

Well on the plus side NY isn't a bunch of prudes on the negative side lieing about why you did will lose you alot of points

Personally I just wish he was honest about it, I would have more respect for him that way. My personal belief when it comes to politics is as long as you aren't a hypocrite cheating on your wife or it costs the government money, your personal life is your personal life and it's none of my business.

Well on the plus side NY isn't a bunch of prudes on the negative side lieing about why you did will lose you alot of points

Personally I just wish he was honest about it, I would have more respect for him that way. My personal belief when it comes to politics is as long as you aren't a hypocrite cheating on your wife or it costs the government money, your personal life is your personal life and it's none of my business.

Well, before this came out the last few polls had him on average 3 pts ahead of the next Democrat which is within the margin of error. Also, many of the polls out there are just open polls, not likely voters, not registered voters so many of those are simply going on name recognition they will not go to the polls. So right now the race is extremely close.

Well, before this came out the last few polls had him on average 3 pts ahead of the next Democrat which is within the margin of error. Also, many of the polls out there are just open polls, not likely voters, not registered voters so many of those are simply going on name recognition they will not go to the polls. So right now the race is extremely close.

Even before today I don't think he would win, he might be famous enough to make the bi-election but I am guessing once you widdle down the competition to 2 people, a lot of people would be voting against him(not for the other person).

All that being said I don't see what he did is bad as say the mayor of San Diego, not even close(yet Weiner gets way more media attention)

Well, still better than Elliot Spitzer, I guess.

Still, I don't consider myself a prude, and I still would have reservations about electing a guy like this into an important office.

Surely there is some sane, capable individual in the city who doesn't regularly send young women pictures of his junk.

Still, I don't consider myself a prude, and I still would have reservations about electing a guy like this into an important office.

Surely there is some sane, capable individual in the city who doesn't regularly send young women pictures of his junk.

The way he handled the situation(ie not being outright honest) bugs me 100 times more then what he actually did. If a guy can do a good job he can run around the city naked for all I care. It's one think being a bit perverted, it's another to come off like a liar in my books. He would have been better served just to say no comment the first time the situation popped up instead of going on tv and swearing up and down he didn't do it. He would have also been better served not doing People magazine last year trying to resurrect his image while he was still doing the bad stuff. I think even worse then coming off phony and a liar is the guy seems egotistical.

I think Weiner's main problem is if he knew he had this issue even last year he should have held off his comeback for a few years so their would be more of a gap in time between him being "reformed" and him running for a major office. It seems his drive for being famous clouds his judgement and he is trying to cut corners int he process. Sort of sad because he was entertaining to watch on Fox News. lol

Last edited:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...395292-fa29-11e2-a369-d1954abcb7e3_story.html

Colorado recall vote targets two senators who supported sensible gun control

COLORADO IS the site of two of the most horrific gun massacres in recent history — Columbine High School in 1999 and an Aurora movie theater last summer. It’s also where two state senators face recall elections next month because they dared support a sensible package of gun-control measures that could make future massacres less likely.

The measures passed both chambers of the state legislature, were signed into lawin March and went into effect July 1. They include requiring applicants to pay for background checks and limiting the size of magazines that can be sold. Pro-gun activists in Colorado were outraged. The New York Times reported that one borrowed $4,000 from his grandmother and took a leave of absence from his job as a plumber to “send a message” to legislators in Denver who dared question his constitutional right to buy an AR-15 rifle — the same weapon, it’s worth noting, that claimed so many lives in Aurora.

Other activists gathered the signatures needed to stage recall elections for Angela Giron (D) and John Morse (D), the Senate president and a former police chief. New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg (I) has pledged his support for the senators; the National Rifle Association (NRA) is backing the recall campaign with phone banks and mailings.

It should also be pointed out the Koch brothers will be shooting money into the race so it's Billionaire vs Billionaire

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"