Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues IV

Can someone explain to me how the Dow isn’t tanking right now regardless of the stimulus bill? If the stock market doesn’t tank for 3.5 million jobs being lost than it’s pretty detached from reality as far as I’m concerned.
I think it's the perfect illustration of how the stock market is a poor indicator of the actual economy.

The companies do business all over the world and stocks can be bought by foreigners. It would be one thing if they were only tied to the United States but the system is not a reflection of America activity only as well.

Its not perfect, but considering the GOP desires, I will take it.

Also, cruise lines who set up base out of the US are wanting to get in on the bailout, even though they are not legally allowed. So, **** them.

The House just passed the stimulus bill. Now it’s up to the cheeto to sign it

And that is almost certainly by Republican design. They have been trying to kill the USPS for decades so they can profit off it via privatization.

Last edited:
6ALPAcX.png

U6 Unemployment Rate
April Official Unemployment: 14.7%
April U6 Unemployment: 22.8% ("U3 is the official unemployment rate. U5 includes discouraged workers and all other marginally attached workers. U6 adds on those workers who are part-time purely for economic reasons.")

33 Million Have Sought US Unemployment Aid Since Virus Hit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"