Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues IV

The only way it would be “fair” is if they make it a progressive tax based on income. Even then...I still think it’s nuts.

Students in the entire school district, north of Dallas, and their families can buy whatever they need using a number of points, which is initially set depending on the size of their family.
After that, students can earn more points for outstanding performance in school, doing good deeds which teachers and staff can award points for, or completing jobs around school such as helping out in the library or mentoring elementary school students.

USA! USA!

The place where you can exploit impoverished children by "rewarding" them with basic necessities for themselves and their families.

But wait! The program is good because it gives students points right off the bat.

But after that, only extra work can feed your family. Heartwarming.

And people think the American dream is dead.

McConnell and McCarthy claim they are “close” to a COVID stimulus deal with the Democrats.

McConnell and McCarthy claim they are “close” to a COVID stimulus deal with the Democrats.
So Corporations will get away with exposing and infecting employees without recourse. Got it.

So Corporations will get away with exposing and infecting employees without recourse. Got it.

Dearly hoping there’s another round of stimulus checks for those who need them, or at least unemployment extensions, and an extension of the eviction moratorium. :dry:

I found this @Lily Adler. Not a ton of detail, but if I’m understanding it right, it sounds like Republicans might be willing to give up the corporate liability protections but they also want to toss the funding for state and local governments that the Dems wanted.

While the congressional leaders did not publicly discuss details, their discussions were prompted by a $748 billion proposal from centrist senators to spend on small businesses education, vaccine distribution, health care and beefing up unemployment benefits. Republicans have said they want to jettison talks over a liability shield and $160 billion for state and local government, though Democrats have yet to concede defeat on the local funding issue.

Extending/increasing unemployment benefits and funding vaccine distribution would be good to include, but they need an eviction moratorium extension in there.

Bernie Sanders and Pramila Jayapal want to vote against any bill that doesn’t include direct payments to Americans.

Hill leaders nearing long-sought stimulus deal — POLITICO

Man I'll bet this makes the GOP and Fox News supremely angry.

I am SO sick of the potential of this country being stunted by greedy capitalist @$$hats, that I......I.....I don't know.....but it pisses me off.

They don't want an educated populace. They WANT people arguing over scraps. Grrrrrrrrr....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"