Discussion: The Iraq War

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believed in 2000 and I believe today that:

Colin Powell was the only member of Bush's staff, ever, that had a lick of common sense.

rdh007 said:
I believed in 2000 and I believe today that:

Colin Powell was the only member of Bush's staff, ever, that had a lick of common sense.
Hey Cheny isn't stupid. He's just evil. I still hate the man.

Addendum said:
So because he's not a media ****e, he has no backbone?

Not at all. How did you even read that in to what I posted?

Don't you think he's had plenty of time to come out against the war especially since now he's saying that he's always been against it...?

tomahawk53 said:
Not at all. How did you even read that in to what I posted?

Don't you think he's had plenty of time to come out against the war especially since now he's saying that he's always been against it...?
He can come out against the war whenever he so chooses.

Colin Powell always new firsthand, that invading Iraq had nothing to do with the lullabies they were giving the American people. It was about enlarging America's financial and strategic advantages -- nothing more, nothing less.

Spider-Bite said:
I'm surprised nobody commented on this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11927856/

so, how many sources does that make that told us before we went into iraq that they had no wmd? seriously, who the hell still believes that bush was being forthright with us in the build-up to the war? it's obvious they twisted everything in their favor to make the case for war.

Super_Ludacris said:
*Salutes Colin Powell for dissing that chump ass hoe Bush*

Save your clapping for if/when Powell will diss Bush formally and testify against him.

jag

Spider-Bite said:
Hey Cheny isn't stupid. He's just evil. I still hate the man.
No Cheney's not stupid. I suppose by common sense, I meant that Powell was more pragmatic and less dogmatic than the rest, including Cheney. Sorry.

Bush aint gonna get impreached (unfourtanley) so we just piss on his legacy

Super_Ludacris said:
*Salutes Colin Powell for dissing that chump ass hoe Bush*
*Salutes Super_Ludacris for his avatar*

Super_Ludacris said:
Bush aint gonna get impreached (unfourtanley) so we just piss on his legacy

True dat!

jag

Powell should have said something 3 years ago. He's as complicit as the rest of them.

demento said:
Powell should have said something 3 years ago. He's as complicit as the rest of them.

I agree. Pretty much what I said earlier in the thread.

jag

Addendum said:
He can come out against the war whenever he so chooses.

Where did I say that he couldn't? Where am I telling Powell what to do, what not to do, what to say, or what not to say?

You just aren't getting what I'm saying at all are you?

So what are you saying besides complaining about when Colin Powell decides to speak against the war?

Colin Powell...Condilingus RICE!!!

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0415-07.htm

Hey, check this out, SumOfGod posted a link to this story in his other thread and I felt it deserved some more attention. IMO, and I'm sorry if some find this offensive, things like this are the reasons why certain groups of people are commiting terrorist acts against America.

There is no right reason to commit terrorist acts. Militant actions are a differnt story

Carter said:
There is no right reason to commit terrorist acts. Militant actions are a differnt story
That's if you take terrorism to be the narrow definition that has been proliferated out of patriotic sentiment. Strictly speaking, there are plenty of right reasons to be found using the regular definition, "The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"