Discussion: The Iraq War

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShadowBoxing said:
Perhaps they were strategic just as the Trade Towers and Pentagon have very strategic components to them. The Trade Towers being the economic epicenter and the Pentagon being the military epicenter. However the bombs were also used as a symbolic jesture to make the Japanese fully known of our power. Just like the terrorists were displaying their power to us when the destroyed our towers and military complex. Furthermore after numerous tests of the atomic bomb it would be ignorant to think they had not considered and understood the civilian causualities that would be incurred during both operations.

Remember the heroes of any given conflict are the side you are most sympathetic with, the terrorists or villians being the otherside. Almost any act of violence can be justified if the right langauge and circumstances are used.
Can you marry my sister and become part of my family?

Carter said:
Well it was done for a massive psychological effect as you said.
That sounds pretty much like terrorism.

To win a military conflict? We targeted it to stop their military, we targetted military cities.

How is that terrorism?

Admiral_N8 said:
What? Their ultimate goal is no America or free Iraqi government.

I never said their ultimate goal is killing innocents.

You seemed to not understand why they wanted a "civil war", why that was their "goal" like you said "why would they want to do that?".

I simply showed you the obvious, just informing you since you seemed to not know why. :up:
You seemed to not have read the topic of discussion before entering into a convo already in progress. Check yourself before you wre-wre-wreck yourself *****.

ShadowBoxing said:
Perhaps they were strategic just as the Trade Towers and Pentagon have very strategic components to them. The Trade Towers being the economic epicenter and the Pentagon being the military epicenter. However the bombs were also used as a symbolic jesture to make the Japanese fully known of our power. Just like the terrorists were displaying their power to us when the destroyed our towers and military complex. Furthermore after numerous tests of the atomic bomb it would be ignorant to think they had not considered and understood the civilian causualities that would be incurred during both operations.

Remember the heroes of any given conflict are the side you are most sympathetic with, the terrorists or villians being the otherside. Almost any act of violence can be justified if the right langauge and circumstances are used.

Oh my, are you REALLY comparing destroying the World Trade Centers to bombing Hiroshima and Nagisaki?

We didnt simply target civillians, that wasnt our target and our intentions were to stop the war and loss of life on both sides. To end the War that had killed more humans then any other war ever.

How is that terrorism?

So you are saying Osama bin laden can be justified? reasonable speaking? :confused:

Admiral_N8 said:
To win a military conflict? We targeted it to stop their military, we targetted military cities.

How is that terrorism?

Well terrorists can kill innocents to win a military conflict also. It's still terrorism.

Admiral_N8 said:
Oh my, are you REALLY comparing destroying the World Trade Centers to bombing Hiroshima and Nagisaki?

We didnt simply target civillians, that wasnt our target and our intentions were to stop the war and loss of life on both sides. To end the War that had killed more humans then any other war ever.

How is that terrorism?

So you are saying Osama bin laden can be justified? reasonable speaking? :confused:

He saying bin laden can be justified by his side, not ours.

Cho Chang said:
You seemed to not have read the topic of discussion before entering into a convo already in progress. Check yourself before you wre-wre-wreck yourself *****.

Whoa calm down man.

:rolleyes:

You asked a question, I simply answered it, no need to act like a little kid.

You even asked me again, told me to answer you
Cho Chang said:
That doesn't answer my question of "why?" For what reason do they want to start a civil war?

And I said "al-Zarqawi, leader of Al-Qaida in Iraq, made his intentions clear in a letter obtained and released last year by the U.S. government saying that causing sectarian fighting between Shiite and Sunni was the best way to undermine American policy in Iraq."

Dont get mad at me for answering your questions

Why do you put your text in all purple, the colour universally reknowned as homosexual?

Carter said:
He saying bin laden can be justified by his side, not ours.

Sure, anything can be justified if you think targetting innocent people is ok i guess ... :confused:

I dont think something is "justified" if it comes from someone as mad as binLaden.

We have all heard their reasons for their actions, just because they have reasons doesnt mean they can justify their actions.

Admiral_N8 said:
Sure, anything can be justified if you think targetting innocent people is ok i guess ... :confused:

I dont think something is "justified" if it comes from someone as mad as binLaden.

We have all heard their reasons for their actions, just because they have reasons doesnt mean they can justify their actions.

Well to them, it's justifiable. They have a different perspective than us.
When we nuked Japan, we did target innocent people.

Like he said before, you cant have it both ways

JLBats said:
Why do you put your text in all purple, the colour universally reknowned as homosexual?
Why do you put your text in black, the colour universally reknowned as satanic?

JLBats said:

It stands out so I can find my posts, its also the universal color of royalty, also represents spirituality, nobility, ceremony, mystery, transformation, wisdom, enlightenment, cruelty, arrogance, mourning....

Funny YOU pick homosexuality out of all those things....

haha

Carter said:
Well to them, it's justifiable. They have a different perspective than us.
When we nuked Japan, we did target innocent people.

Like he said before, you cant have it both ways

No we didnt TARGET innocent people.

If we did that we would have gone after Kyoto or some other city like that.

We TARGETED a military city with lots of innocents in it.

BIG difference.

Cho Chang said:
I don't get mad, I get sarcasticky

And you dont address the point.

I answered your question, whyd you get all huffed about that?

Admiral_N8 said:
It stands out so I can find my posts, its also the universal color of royalty, also represents spirituality, nobility, ceremony, mystery, transformation, wisdom, enlightenment, cruelty, arrogance, mourning....

Funny YOU pick homosexuality out of all those things....

haha

I don't know, maybe I'm paranoid, but I think I found a vague, subtle, hidden reference to me being homosexual in this post.

Admiral_N8 said:
No we didnt TARGET innocent people.

If we did that we would have gone after Kyoto or some other city like that.

We TARGETED a military city with lots of innocents in it.

BIG difference.

Not really, since killing a lot of innocent people was essentially the plan.

Cho Chang said:
Why don't you guys whip it out and see who's gayer?

Wouldn't that render the point moot?

Admiral_N8 said:

How is that terrorism?

Yes anything can be justified in a seemingly reasonable way, a-ny-thing.

As for your second point I fail to see how targetting the Pentagon (or supposedly the White House/Senate) counts as a civilian target. The truth is there were probably much more reasonable and quieter ways to end the conflict between us and the Japanese, but we wanted to show off the new bomb we created.

However if you want civilian targets perhaps we should look at Andrew Jackson who slaughtered most of Americas living Native American population, or the blind eye we turned from 1910-1950 to the culture of lynching, even allowing the KKK to run the sheriffs offices in most states (northern and southern). And those were in our own country.

Cho Chang said:
Why do you put your text in black, the colour universally reknowned as satanic?

You caught me. Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really anti-government.
Personally I dont care who we nuke. It's not me pushing the button.
But when all this talk about what's wrong and what's not comes about, you have to be honest and acknowledge that nuking Japan was morally wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"