Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party II

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Paradoxium, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradoxium

Paradoxium Making Your Head Explode

Continued from previous thread.
    http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=313561

Democrat, Republican... same garbage can full of human sewage with chocolate cyanide sprinkles. If both parties were blokes at a bar, they would be the herbs who excessively placates and "act nice" to girls, only to get rejected all night long. Then they get pissed drunk, blackout and wake up the next day facing each other in bed at a cheap runned down motel. :grin:

Captain Optimistic to the rescue :o

Last edited by moderator Marx: Jun 22, 2010
  2. redfirebird2008

redfirebird2008 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not sure what to make of those polls. Nebraska being a toss-up? Oklahoma leaning towards the Democrats? Those are two of the most conservative states.

3. StorminNorman

StorminNorman Well-Known Member

You are putting far too much weight into Party identification. Especially in the South, a lot of "Democrats" are conservatives that vote Republican in National elections. Indepedents are always the important votes and in that demographic Republican policy and support is on the rise while Obama's numbers are plummeting.

4. Marlboro Man

Marlboro Man Smokin'

The polls aren't measuring voting trends. They're measuring voter registration numbers and party self-identification.

Also, Oklahoma has a Democrat governor, Nebraska has a Democrat senator... both of whom won by over 60% of the vote when they ran for re-election. The states are conservative when compared to the nation as a whole, but on a local level, they are of a much different make up.

5. StorminNorman

Gallup's story mentions the fact it remains largely unchanged from 2008. Since that map looks very different from the 2008 election map, making a big deal out of it is purely ridiculous.

6. Paradoxium

I rather independents stop voting altogether and not put Republicans back in power, which in return would let the Democratic unleash their economic insanity with no restraints at unrelenting speeds of epic fail (as oppose to the Republican's slow weak sauce version of it). This would be more enjoyable than watching Wellingites crawl in a corner cry, when they realize Welling is too old to be Superman on film. :twisted:

7. Marx

Marx Pixelated

Oklahoma, Louisiana, Georgia, and Tennessee solidly Democratic? I have a very hard time seeing that. The Republican Party is largely regionalized to the south as of late.

I agree Norm. Party Identification doesn't mean a whole lot...especially in the south. That being said, it should also be noted that while Obama's numbers are going down, the Republican's numbers ARE NOT going up either.

8. hippie_hunter

hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Governor Brad Henry and Senator Ben Nelson are rather conservative Democrats though.

I mean that's like saying how Connecticut and Hawaii have Republican governors and how New York and New Jersey are very likely to have Republican governors by this November.

9. Marlboro Man

Marlboro Man Smokin'

Even so, that still shows that the Democrats still have weight in these states. I'm actually sad to see my home state dipping in the 'leans republican' column. I thought our democrat numbers went up last year. I know we elected one more democrat to congress, and we might elect a democrat governor next year too.

10. hippie_hunter

hippie_hunter The King is Back!

Where are you from?

11. Marlboro Man

Marlboro Man Smokin'

I'm still a registered voter in Alabama. Huntsville to be exact.

12. StorminNorman

Republicans numbers ARE going up - just not in Party identification. No one changes their party identification the year following an election. If Party Identification changes, it will be in 2010 and 2012.

13. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

Yep, that's how it is here in Texas....most of our state office holders are very moderate democrats. I have a friend who is an elected judge in Wichita Falls, he has to run as a Democrat to be elected because the demographics in Wichita Falls are very much old, Roosevelt Democrats who will vote Democrat no matter what, even if they don't like the person....if there is an (R) by the name, they will not vote for them even though they may like them. Just ignorant voting, but its been like that for decades. He's very conservative, and is nothing like a Democrat, but in order to get elected he has to have a (D) by his name....kinda stupid...but reality.

14. redfirebird2008

redfirebird2008 Well-Known Member

Exactly. The two prop each other up.

15. Shifty

Shifty Chief of Surgery

The future...

16. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

Unfortunately, yep....it looks like that is the direction they are going....

17. Nivek

Nivek Well-Known Member

OMG, who will look out for the white people! Look at those numbers!

18. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

:facepalm: x 5,000.

So...we're looking forward to a burst of "White Power" again via the GOP? C'mon, can't they come up with something a little more...original? Really?

19. Marx

Marx Pixelated

...apparently not.

20. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

I swear to god...I am thinking about moving to England. And no, I am not joking. They do not have these kinds of issues...like we do here.

And they're ruled by a Queen. *insert gay joke here*

21. Marx

Marx Pixelated

If the Republican Party thinks that 'rallying the white vote' is going to magically solve all of their problems...they are gravely mistaken.

22. ChrisBaleBatman

ChrisBaleBatman Legendary Hero

Poor white people.

They should have crushed us all when they had the chance.

23. Paradoxium

The sterling is being raped through the nine circles of hell. Most of the young, ambitious and most promising from that country is moving out in general. You can do a lot better than England.

24. ChrisBaleBatman

ChrisBaleBatman Legendary Hero

By creating our own country, known as Outer Heaven.

Who's in?

25. Marlboro Man

Marlboro Man Smokin'

What's more shocking is that, if these trends continue, Republicans could eventually lose Texas and Florida. If they lose either of those two states, then they will be screwed in national elections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.