Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I...cannot see that happening, though. Texas going blue?

Hell would have frozen over, and the Super Devil would be on the loose.

Last time Texas was blue was 1960-1972, 1976-1980 So it could happen with Hispanics right now making up just over 1/3 of the state's population and very likely to grow to 2/3.

I thought that was going to happen this past election....but there really wasn't that much difference between the 2004 and 2008 elections. For awhile it looked like that Obama was going to get very close, but by the time I woke up the next morning it was pretty much another Republican wins Texas....

Edit: nm found an article on it.

Last edited:
Seems Obama only gained 5% in Texas compared to 2004.
McCain 55.39% Obama 43.63%

So, should George go get's those Hikers out of Iran, to up the Republican hand? Or Mitt Romney? John McCain? Or... Lord Cheney himself?

Up the ante and show those Democrats that Republicans can step up and help set wrong right just as well, if not better?

I highly doubt that the leader of Iran will be asking former Pres. Bush 41 to come and meet with him to insure their return. Very doubtful.

But will they be asking for something? Oh yeah.......we shall have to wait and see if they get what they ask for.....

That article is completely worthless. It's an opinion piece by the HUFFINGTON POST about Republican Party strategy and nothing more.

I wouldn't say its worthless, Nate Silver's stats present something the Republican Party should be concerned with moving forward. He wrote a blog in June about it that made up half that article.

Well, I suppose that depends on what "white" means.

I'm light skinned...for whatever that counts.

But, I'm Latino-American. I was born in New York, moved around the U.S. for a long time...haven't been out of the country in like 20 years (and I'm 23...) so, I dunno. To some I might be as a American as apple pie. But, seeing how Obama is being attack for "not being American" (lmfao)...I dunno.

I'll say this much, I cannot believe the corner the Republicans have put themselves into with latino voters. I can say that for the most part, most latinos are actually conservative. By in large, I think, latinos would side with Republicans if they didn't feel alienated. The alienation aspect, is what's pushing them towards the Dems I think. The Sotomayor confirmation vote will probably be used against the Republicans in the future, I'd imagine.

Speaking of latinos...

Florida Senator Mel Martinez is expected to announce his resignation today.

Yes, on both counts....

I'm assuming she had no problem with W's faith based initiatives. But disaster relief, education and helping ex-cons re-enter society is "re-education."

"Secularism is always bad" much, Michele?

I've heard she was all over W.

Like, stalking him.

I'm sure it's an overexaggeration. Surely...then again, I look at those crazy eyes of hers...and I wonder.

I think it's funny how Cheney is trying to throw Bush under the bus.

Cheney's remarks make me like Bush a bit more. I never hated him like a lot of you guys do but... eh,

Since Bush has left office, I actually respect him a little more. (Especially seeing how Cheney has handled himself after leaving office.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"