Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they should be focusing on 2018, but just imagine if Doug Jones beats Roy Moore in Alabama next month. That would ruin Trump's first term.

Last night's victories should be keeping Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell up at night. This throws another monkey wrench into their tax reform plans, as well as their majorities in the House and Senate.

The blue wave has begun. Sticking with Trump will tank your re-election chances, boys!

Last night's victories should be keeping Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell up at night. This throws another monkey wrench into their tax reform plans, as well as their majorities in the House and Senate.

The blue wave has begun. Sticking with Trump will tank your re-election chances, boys!
There is lot's to be happy about here unless your trump or the Rs

Oh no, there's still plenty of work to be done.

But Trump will continue to galvanize Democrats with every crass tweet and word that spews out of that filthy mouth of his.

I hope Democrats don't let this go to their heads.

I think the thing that gives me hope and confidence, is that Tom Perez said that recruitment was up. As in we are going to get the local Dems to challenge the GOP incumbents. And the framework for victory is definitely in those VA races. The Dems will not be ignoring any portion of the country.

Funny thing about last night is I think the people who will get most screwed over by the Republican Tax Reform would be those Suburb voters that swayed hugely to the Dems last night. That has to scare the crap out of Paul and McConnell because those voters generally tilt Republican

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/steve_bannon_speaks_to_macomb.html

Steve Bannon visits Macomb County Michigan, a long-referenced district of suburban Detroit that figured highly in the 2016 Presidential election.

By Lauren Gibbons,
[email protected]

A year after Donald Trump's election to the presidency, former White House Chief Strategist and Breitbart News executive Steve Bannon chose Macomb County to celebrate the anniversary.

The reason? Because he believes Macomb County was one of the most influential regions in the election that made businessman Trump President Trump.

"It's really you guys that won this great victory and saved the United States of America," Bannon told attendees of the Macomb County Republican Party Lincoln/Reagan Unity Dinner Wednesday night.

Bannon worked for the conservative website Breitbart before joining the Trump campaign and working as Trump's chief strategist. That role ended in August, and he has since returned to Breitbart.

In a wide-ranging speech that rehashed several insider details of the 2016 election, but also touched on recent elections throughout the country and ways Trump supporters can move forward to make 2018 successful.

Criticizing the media, faulty polls and establishment politicians, Bannon said he supported Trump as much as he did because"he understood, at a very deep level, the problems of this country."

"Our campaign didn't have a lot of cash or organization -- what we had was, I thought, the finest candidate to run for the presidency since Ronald Reagan," he said.

Trumps campaign didn't have a lot of money...

Bannon must think everyone that isn't him is a ****ing idiot.

Trumps campaign didn't have a lot of money...

Bannon must think everyone that isn't him is a ****ing idiot.

Well, people who supports Bannon and Trump rarely show much intelligence. And Bannon knows they believe anything he says.

One VA rep already announced retirement.

And Washington Post has an article accusing Roy Moore of being a sexual predator.

It feels like last year. Trump shrugged off sexual harassment. Why won't Roy Moore? This is Alabama we are talking about.

Well, Breitbart is trying to paint it as romantic and not assault. And it sounds like a lot of GOP people are calling for him to step aside if true.

So, the accusations are completely valid. And given the power of women we saw on Tue, I think it could be quite powerful.

The GOP also, for about a week, denounced Trump after his allegations. They will fall in line soon.

As for the power of women, this is Alabama.

The big factor will be if the story will cause more women to step forward.

It feels like last year. Trump shrugged off sexual harassment. Why won't Roy Moore? This is Alabama we are talking about.

Because apparently even most of the R's in AL want Moore out b/c he's such a liability especially now after Tuesday's outcomes elsewhere. They'd prefer to bring back Strange and try to hold onto that seat.

The feigned "outrage" you're seeing down there is just attempted political expedience.

This is the problem with nominating a loon. Moore is crazy enough to pull a Todd Akin and not withdraw, and Repubs will have no one to blame but themselves.

The big factor will be if the story will cause more women to step forward.

Maybe. Moore is a liability to the GOP nationwide and locally, but Alabama is a solidly red state. I would be pleasantly surprised if he lost, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I mean, sexual predator Trump came in second in the election and became President. Never dismiss the stupidity of the goobers, the Electoral College, and Russian meddling.

This is the GOP we're talking about though. Even if they hated Moore because he's a Bannon choice, they'd still vote for him because he has an R next to his name. I would like if it this led to a Strange write-in though, that could really help split the Republican vote.

Last edited:
Its weird times. I think woman are particularly feeling empowered right now, so I wouldn't be placing bets just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"