Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - - Part 20

Whoever runs against him should easily win. But being Alabama, I imagine it will be closer than it should be.

Whoever runs against him should easily win. But being Alabama, I imagine it will be closer than it should be.

Yeah, there is a disturbingly strong chance that he wins the primary. I do wonder if any political calculus has changed in Alabama.

LOL! After all the horrible shirt the Trump administration and Republican party put Jeff Sessions through, thoroughly throwing him under the bus, NOW they want him to run for Senate to get his old seat back. If I were him I'd flip them off with my Keebler Elf finger and tell them to shove it.

LOL! After all the horrible **** the Trump administration and Republican party put Jeff Sessions through, thoroughly throwing him under the bus, NOW they want him to run for Senate to get his old seat back. If I were him I'd flip them off with my Keebler Elf finger and tell them to shove it.
Doesn't compare to what Sessions has put this country through.

Doesn't compare to what Sessions has put this country through.

I'm not defending Sessions at all. He's a horrible, racist old piece of garbage. I'm just saying that if I was him, I wouldn't feel like I owed the Republicans or Trump a goddamn thing.

I'm not defending Sessions at all. He's a horrible, racist old piece of garbage. I'm just saying that if I was him, I wouldn't feel like I owed the Republicans or Trump a goddamn thing.
It is not a question of owing, though considering his lifestyle is do to their investment in his racism, he probably does own them quite a bit.

That Boquist idiot should be thrown in jail for threatening officers, along with everyone involved in the militia threat. But they won't be, because if there's anything we love, it's letting violent right-wingers escape any consequences for their actions. (Also see: The Bundy Family and company)

It's insane that this level of political subversion is happening in Oregon and not getting more attention. The DNC is truly awful at exposing what their opponents are doing.

Republicans continue to get away with everything because Democratic lawmakers are spineless cowards.

This story has really, really depressed me. Oregon Democrats have a supermajority, and caved to GOP terrorists. This will embolden other states to do the same thing. Our planet is heading for extinction, and this now shows that democracy is completely broken. Voting out ALL Republicans is impossible.

Republicans all over the country are abusing their position and will continue to brazenly do so. There needs to be a new party to replace Republicans because they aren't a functioning party anymore.

So, it looks like Kris Kobach is looking to run for Senate in Kansas next year.

Mike Pence likes guys who respect their wives and marriage? Anyone who is or has been married or has experience with a serious relationship will understand what that politician is talking about in how being alone with someone of the opposite sex for a significant amount of time could start unnecessary rumors. Especially in the "me too" era.

Wow... That was like some kind of reactionary/sexist/ignorant/Christian Taliban Like conservative bullshirt combo breaker.

But I honestly expect no less at this juncture.

Extra points for implying that what Me Too is really about drummed up/false allegations. That's the cherry on top.

The "me too" era is about people and men in particular having more awareness of these type of situations. He could have just as easily agreed to this, then while alone with this woman made some sexual advance or remark toward her and she would have no proof of it.

You're not married are you?

I prefer to look at it this way: He is so incapable of controlling his own urges and has so little restraint he cannot trust himself to be around a female human without another man there to keep him in check.

Here's a CNN interview with both people involved. As he says there, he and his wife vowed to each other out of respect that they would not be alone in the same room with another person of the opposite sex during the marriage. That's a mutual agreement between his wife and himself, not just his rule. People may disagree with that but it's not their marriage.

His issue is not with being able to control his own urges. It's with the perception of him being alone with a woman for an extended period of time. "People's perception is their reality" as some say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"