Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - - Part 20

Right because people struggling to make meets end can be so picky and choosy about what jobs they take.

Shapiro has nothing profound to say. He’s an intellectually cowardly little pseudo intellectual ***** boi with no actual life experience who runs away whenever he faces an actual serious debate opponent.
Allegedly Yang has been quoting him... I hope that's not true.

Allegedly Yang has been quoting him... I hope that's not true.

Yang is a techbro. There is a commonality in the libertarian thought you find in Silicon Valley. You see it in Dorsey, Musk, Zuckerberg. Its why I don't particularly trust Yang. His key issue, the UBI, has one fundamental flaw. He wants to pay for it through a VAT, or sales tax. So, suddenly, his $1000 doesn't exactly go as far as you might think.

Right because people struggling to make meets end can be so picky and choosy about what jobs they take.

Shapiro has nothing profound to say. He’s an intellectually cowardly little pseudo intellectual ***** boi with no actual life experience who runs away whenever he faces an actual serious debate opponent.
The media needs to not treat him as seriously as they do. When the BBC interviewed him, they treated him like the unserious sophist that he is and he threw a tantrum like a baby.
Everything I have seen from or about Shapiro points to that. He's a manchild who runs from serious counter arguments. The media should treat him like every other whiny ***** on Twitter and ignore him.

I've only heard of this Shapiro guy on the internet and all I hear from people that like him is that he 'wins debates' which tells me he is one of those guys people like just because he wins arguments with people rather than the content of anything he has to say having any real merit.

I've only heard of this Shapiro guy on the internet and all I hear from people that like him is that he 'wins debates' which tells me he is one of those guys people like just because he wins arguments with people rather than the content of anything he has to say having any real merit.
He wins in the sense he usually goes after amateur debaters (rarely can or will he hold is own against someone with experience) or people who give up trying to argue against his lies despite disproving them over and over and over again. After the tenth time you've proven him wrong and he comes at it from another angle, you just give up.

What she said.

It's not for sale. It may violate international law. Nobody cares about turning it into even a state, but rather to pillage it as it melts. It would cost billions if not trillions of taxpayer dollars anyway, that we can't afford, money that would be better spent on helping all Americans.

Of course that idiot would try to throw himself on this grenade.

Brave words for a man up for re-election.

He wins in the sense he usually goes after amateur debaters (rarely can or will he hold is own against someone with experience) or people who give up trying to argue against his lies despite disproving them over and over and over again.

He had a debate with Cenk Uygur and they both basically ignored the strongest point of the other but, that aside, he did well rather than either just talking past each other or either of them being embarrassed. He also had a debate/conversation with Piers Morgan that was amusing in that Morgan basically refused to acknowledge that they had any common ground. Most punditry is just preaching to the choir but I think Ben has both pretty reasonable arguments speaking on his own and debating others, I don't see how he's afraid to debate people with other views or against those who could be considered more advanced.

Thing is... You know he'll cake walk to a victory.

We will see. In 2014, he won by 18 points. Which feels low for a place that should be part of the deep south. A downturn in the economy with a fairly unpopular president, and you can make it a race.

He had a debate with Cenk Uygur and they both basically ignored the strongest point of the other but, that aside, he did well rather than either just talking past each other or either of them being embarrassed. He also had a debate/conversation with Piers Morgan that was amusing in that Morgan basically refused to acknowledge that they had any common ground. Most punditry is just preaching to the choir but I think Ben has both pretty reasonable arguments speaking on his own and debating others, I don't see how he's afraid to debate people with other views or against those who could be considered more advanced.

IMO, Ben Shapiro is a joke. He presents himself well until one dissects his arguments. 9 times out of 10... he'll start with an obvious fact... he'll say something like, "see, that's obvious, we all agree with that." Then, rather hastily, he'll derive a maxim from that observation that isn't true at all, but he uses it as an extension of his original observation. "Well, x = y, and we all agree that x = y... so, it's obvious that y=x-z.. that's clear." When it's really not clear at all. For instance, on the Joe Rogan show, he was asked point blank.. what do you have against same sex marriage? His answer was, "The issue is not whether I care about two gay guys getting married. This issue is whether I prefer traditional marriage." See... that's a cute line... but what the flip does it actually mean? If he prefers "traditional" marriage over "non-traditional marriage"... then clearly, he cares. Ben is a funny guy who likes to spin cute little arguments that fall apart when actually analyzing them.

The other half of the time, he's putting deliberate red meat out there... solely to criticize liberals in the culture wars. He's gotta do that.. that's where his dollars come from. At the end of the day, the most important thing to red hats are those sweet, sweet liberal tears.

Ben is TOTALLY preaching to the choir. His audience is solely composed of conservatives. That's his whole appeal... that he pwns *******s. But outside of his echo chamber when he can't control the situations and is actually subjected to cross examination.. I've never been impressed personally. I used to debate in high school, and I've seen a million guys like Ben. Someone who says stupid stuff really well. It's paper thin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"