Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - - Part 20

I've seen some truly pathetic **** from Republicans the last few years, but watching Liz Cheney and Rand Paul fight on Twitter over who is more loyal to Donald Trump ranks up there. It's a just a hideous ass-kissing contest.

Random but I learned today that the Dole / Kemp 96 ticket was the first Presidential campaign to have an website and it still works.

And the same talking points twenty years ago are being made today which shows you nothing changes.

The Dole Agenda

I've seen some truly pathetic **** from Republicans the last few years, but watching Liz Cheney and Rand Paul fight on Twitter over who is more loyal to Donald Trump ranks up there. It's a just a hideous ass-kissing contest.

Some people have a downright pseudo-sexual masochistic need to submit themselves to an authority figure. Dont kink shame them.

Disgust and/or lack of spine to run in a tough race.

I mean, protect one abusive *******, might as well protect another one.

Is it really a surprise that so many who came to the fore as Tea Partiers in congress are almost uniformly all hypocritical dirt bags?

So besides all the outrage over the general ineptitude, stupidity, and malice of this administration it does appear as though the Republicans at large will be forced to choose between their own survival or being human shields for Trump. This smells like the beginning of the end, the way the Democrats are chasing this and the news stations are creating condemning narratives it's clear their aim is to have him out so he can't even be the Republican candidate for 2020.

Opinion | The Humiliation of Lindsey Graham

Graham calculated: If he didn’t play golf with Trump and indulge his penchant for pillow talk, Trump would be putting and chatting with Rand Paul, listening to the counsels of isolationism, appeasement and international amorality. He was not simply the adult in the room; he was the adult BFF in the room, who would temper Trump’s worst instincts.

And then came Trump’s decision.

Despite Graham’s compulsive turd-polishing of the last few years, Trump didn’t even consult him before making the decision to abandon the Kurds. Graham, who had given up so much self-respect to prevent just this outcome, was not even in the room. He didn’t even get a text.

This is the thing about Faustian bargains. The price is high and the rewards turn out to be illusory. They end badly.

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"