Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - - Part 20

What a slimy, little toady. He has absolutely no self respect whatsoever and grovels upon command. I hope he gets his ass handed to him in the next election.

What a slimy, little toady. He has absolutely no self respect whatsoever and grovels upon command. I hope he gets his ass handed to him in the next election.
But he apologized on the real news so he'll win reelection.

But he apologized on the real news so he'll win reelection.
Yeah, but the campaign commercials could be just devastating. I like the two face approach.....

Cut to Ted Cruz talking about the "insurrection". Sideview one way. Apologizing for "sloppy" language. Split screen sideview facing other way. Repeat for other statements.....Caption: Which Ted Cruz are we voting for? The faces spin as the commercial ends.

Yeah, but the campaign commercials could be just devastating. I like the two face approach.....

Cut to Ted Cruz talking about the "insurrection". Sideview one way. Apologizing for "sloppy" language. Split screen sideview facing other way. Repeat for other statements.....Caption: Which Ted Cruz are we voting for? The faces spin as the commercial ends.
But those campaign videos are not shown on the real news.

Show them between reruns of Dog the Bounty Hunter. :funny:
Tucker warned me of people like you allowing Dems to steal our election and smear us on CNN and MSNBC... the fake news!

Tucker warned me of people like you allowing Dems to steal our election and smear us on CNN and MSNBC... the fake news!

Do they have a Gun Network in TX? All's fair in Love and Politics.

NY Times - Conservative Majority on Supreme Court Appears Skeptical of Biden’s Virus Plan

The neo-Taney Republican court poised to strike again with their Confederate state supremacy over the federal government beliefs.

U.S. Supreme Court conservatives lean against Biden business vaccine policy

The court's conservatives suggested that the 1970 law that created the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) did not authorize this type of broad emergency action.

That's false.

And it's a vaccine or test plan, not just exclusively a vaccine mandate...which SCOTUS used to uphold in the past even before the OSHA law ever existed.

See also: Discussion: The Supreme Court II

Last edited:

Nope. Never, ever got tested for anything. Now, I may have gotten a few vials of my blood drawn before my annual physical, but that's different. I never got any vaccinations before COVID either. I got a flu shot.......oh and one for tetanus......oh and one for shingles.....and maybe a couple more that I can't remember right now, but that's different too.

:whatever:

Last edited:
How long before a Republican suggest that kids in schools must read Mein Kampf? :o

KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor: The Increasing Importance of Partisanship in Predicting COVID-19 Vaccination Status

By April 2021, a majority of U.S. adults (56%) self-reported they had already received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Among the 43% of adults who said at that time that they had not yet been vaccinated, about four in ten (42%) identified as Republicans or Republican-leaning independents and about one-third (36%) identified as Democrats or leaned that way, while 16% identified as independents who didn’t lean toward either party. The partisan divide between vaccinated and unvaccinated adults became even more evident as larger shares of the population received COVID-19 vaccines.
Now, six months later, in October 2021, one-quarter (27%) of U.S. adults say they have not gotten a COVID-19 vaccine, but the unvaccinated population is now disproportionately made up of those who identify as Republican or Republican-leaning, with six in ten (60%) identifying as Republican or Republican-leaning (compared to about four in ten of the U.S. total adult population1) and just one in six (17%) calling themselves Democrats or Democratic-leaning. See Appendix figure 1 for a full demographic profile of unvaccinated adults from April to October 2021.

JustSecurity - QAnon is a Nazi Cult, Rebranded
Times of Israel - Qanon is the new Protocols of the Elders of Zion
Business Insider - QAnon builds on centuries of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories
Los Angeles Times - QAnon now pushes alarming conspiracy myths targeting China and Jewish people

Last edited:
Dick Cheney: Surprise visit to Capitol to mark Jan 6 riot

The Cheneys, once despised by the left, are welcomed warmly by Democrats at a Jan. 6 observance.

"From Darth Vader to honored guest"

**** OFF. This man deserves not one iota of credit or respect. He's a monster on a gargantuan scale and he should be in prison.

While he may not (or may) be a criminal in the technical sense, he's certainly a monster and deserves no credit for anything other than preserving the status quo that has served him so well. He was fine sending young men and women to fight in a war he created yet was unwilling (as was his boss) to go to war for the country when it was his time. This is clearly one of those "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" situations and is an attempt, not to expand freedoms, but to maintain the status quo.

The meat of this needs to address exactly what kind of democracy we have and it is rarely addressed by our elected officials (there are some exceptions). The expansion or restricting of current voting rights is a fight over who controls the politics in the US. At this point, the democrats are on the right side of the argument, but they are generally silent on the much bigger issue of corporate influence in our elections. Due to the resources available to them, corporations exert an undue influence in the outcome of the elections and it's only getting worse. The "democracy" these politicians praise is a thinly veiled cover for corporate interests to run roughshod over the vast majority of the people in this country. They have their laws and they have the courts backing things like Citizens United to provide an aura of legitimacy for their actions. The Cheneys are some of the few republicans who are more concerned with the bigger picture than just getting re-elected. That bigger picture is that elections provide a cover for a system that serves corporate interests. Without this cover, and the veil torn, and the country pushed in the direction of authoritarian rule, it sets up a dangerous confrontation that the smarter republicans (and many, many democrats.....let's not forget them) wish to avoid. Things are going along nicely, thank you very much. The democrats, on the other hand, are on their own quest for power by making it easier to vote; which is fine, but it's also not truly a democracy as many of their members wish for this particular system to keep rolling merrily along at the expense of the vast majority of the people. Essentially, they want to provide safety nets and some benefits so that people will feel they are being treated fairly. Neither the push towards authoritarianism nor placating people with trinkets will, IMO, work in the long term. The way in which they fail could possibly be very different. In authoritarian rule, people will have no choice but to violently revolt. In something of a functioning democracy, I could see a slide towards a more democratic society, but if people think that corporate interests are going to stand idly by while their power is taken, they are sadly mistaken.

Last edited:
The difference between him and Trump now is that he had more allies 22 years ago in Florida and the Supreme Court that are gone now or have turned their back on him and now the situation is reversed with Trump having the allies. The only positive credit he and Bush get is for leaving in 2009, that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"