Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - - Part 20

The difference between him and Trump now is that he had more allies 22 years ago in Florida and the Supreme Court that are gone now or have turned their back on him and now the situation is reversed with Trump having the allies. The only positive credit he and Bush get is for leaving in 2009, that's about it.

I think the real difference is that they are looking out for themselves AND the system that serves them. If you tinker too much with the system, you can have unforeseen, and negative, consequences. I don't think Trump is smart enough to really see that. He's more for grabbing what he can get and damn the consequences.....he'll deal with those later. Sort of like the global warming argument early on. They had a good thing going with fossil fuels and now it's time to deal with it. Privatize the profits and socialize the expenses. THAT's a good, tried and true grift.

DeathSantis doesn't want to be just a governor or a president...he wants to be worshipped as a god like Trump. He'll never admit it but he wants Trump legally taken out too to supplant him.

Newsweek - Marjorie Taylor Greene suggests "Second Amendment rights" should be used against Democrats

Mediaite - Marjorie Taylor Greene Again Pushes For 'National Divorce' [also known as Secession]

Huffpost - Marjorie Taylor Greene Suggests Second Amendment As Defense Against Democrats

That's also a death threat. The second amendment doesn't exist to murder anyone who disagrees with you or insurrection and secession but RepubliQans have a sick fantasy life of becoming murderers and egging on others to do it (stochastic terrorism).

Last edited:
Newsweek - Marjorie Taylor Greene suggests "Second Amendment rights" should be used against Democrats

Mediaite - Marjorie Taylor Greene Again Pushes For 'National Divorce' [also known as Secession]

Huffpost - Marjorie Taylor Greene Suggests Second Amendment As Defense Against Democrats

That's also a death threat. The second amendment doesn't exist to murder anyone who disagrees with you or insurrection and secession but RepubliQans have a sick fantasy life of becoming murderers and egging on others to do it (stochastic terrorism).

And Pelosi and the sergeant at arms does nothing as usual.

And Pelosi and the sergeant at arms does nothing as usual.
And just what do you suggest they do? Pelosi has already gone as far as she can; stripping her of committee assignments and doesn't have the votes for expulsion. The Sergeant at Arms doesn't have the authority to punish her for saying stupid S***. They aren't law enforcement and, in spite of what some people might say, this seems like a gray area to me.

Don't get me wrong. I can't stand that ***** and if one of her colleagues knocked the living S*** out of her, I'd put it on continuous play on YouTube.

And just what do you suggest they do? Pelosi has already gone as far as she can; stripping her of committee assignments and doesn't have the votes for expulsion. The Sergeant at Arms doesn't have the authority to punish her for saying stupid S***. They aren't law enforcement and, in spite of what some people might say, this seems like a gray area to me.

Don't get me wrong. I can't stand that ***** and if one of her colleagues knocked the living S*** out of her, I'd put it on continuous play on YouTube.
Members can be removed for violating rules, being a security risk, and for promoting sedition and secession.

And the Seargant at Arms is a part of the capitol police. They are the chief law enforcement officer in the House, and they are responsible for the safety of the members overseeing security and evaluating risk. Her statements are a security risk. They are inflammatory. And the SaA can bar her from entering the House if they want to.

And frankly it's time to stop using the law as an excuse for inaction. The law didn't justify the continuation of slavery in the 1850s or letting the civil war happen, and it doesn't justify letting sedition and coups happen now. Any Dem or SaA that isnt willing to risk imprisonment, impeachment, termination, or death to protect this country and its government isnt fit to serve during this volatile time. Id much rather the SaA throw her out of the House and be reprimanded or fired than do nothing at all. Only acting when success is guaranteed isnt an acceptable strategy. Not in the this time.

And I cant help but remember that this country exists because a group of men decided that the laws and long accepted customs weren't adequate or acceptable. They set aside the law and did what they needed to for the colonies. Dems need to remember that.

Last edited:
Members can be removed for violating rules, being a security risk, and for promoting sedition and secession.

And the Seargant at Arms is a part of the capitol police. They are the chief law enforcement officer in the House, and they are responsible for the safety of the members overseeing security and evaluating risk. Her statements are a security risk. They are inflammatory. And the SaA can bar her from entering the House if they want to.

And frankly it's time to stop using the law as an excuse for inaction. The law didn't justify the continuation of slavery in the 1850s or letting the civil war happen, and it doesn't justify letting sedition and coups happen now. Any Dem or SaA that isnt willing to risk imprisonment, impeachment, termination, or death to protect this country and its government isnt fit to serve during this volatile time.
Expulsion is done by vote. You don't know any more about the "law" than just about anyone else, but seem fine with enforcing non-existent or gray area rules without really knowing what you're talking about. Maybe you should go arrest her in the name of world safety.

Expulsion is done by vote. You don't know any more about the "law" than just about anyone else, but seem fine with enforcing non-existent or gray area rules without really knowing what you're talking about. Maybe you should go arrest her in the name of world safety.

The SaA doesn't need a vote to do their job. We aren't talking about impeachment. Just keeping an obvious security threat from entering the building. Which capitol police and the SaA can do. The SaA can even arrest and detain anyone for violating laws and rules in the capitol building.

U.S. Senate: About the Sergeant at Arms

Sergeant at Arms | house.gov

And there is nothing grey about our laws against death threats and threats of violence against members of congress.

This is pretty clear too.

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

All the legalese and bureaucratic horse**** from our country's lawyers and judges doesn't justify the way this country is letting sedition and violence and terrorism proliferate and go unpunished.

Florida, man.

Apparently in 2014 he was charged for assault in a road rage incident.

Road rage is only ever a fool's game. Do it enough times and you will come across someone that can kick your ass or kill you.

Last edited:
The SaA doesn't need a vote to do their job. We aren't talking about impeachment. Just keeping an obvious security threat from entering the building. Which capitol police and the SaA can do. The SaA can even arrest and detain anyone for violating laws and rules in the capitol building.

And there is nothing grey about our laws against death threats and threats of violence against members of congress.

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

All the legalese and bureaucratic horse**** from our country's lawyers and judges doesn't justify the way this country is letting sedition and violence and terrorism proliferate and go unpunished.

Road rage is only ever a fool's game. Do it enough times and you will come across someone that can kick your ass or kill you.

Decided we just disagree with you on what is and isn't legal. I've known enough people who have advocated for a violent overthrow of the government to know that something like that doesn't stick; and I'm not talking about the right wing overthrow being put forward these days. If you want to believe the SaA should arrest her, feel free to continue, but your statement about Pelosi is ridiculous and illustrates your ongoing push for legal action without building a foundation for the charges.

I just heard from an attorney that knows WAY more about this than we do that you actually can advocate for the overthrow of the government, etc. and not be charged with sedition. What you can't do it take concrete steps to make it so. So, I can say what that sick moron MTG said and not get charged with anything, BUT if I go out and buy explosives that can be linked to a plot to follow up on my words, I can then be charged. This may not be exact and I know there must be nuances I missed, but it's pretty close to what the law is. So, yeah, if you're going to charge someone and have the charges stick, you have to be meticulous. I won't say the law is applied equally, but rushing into something unprepared and without proper evidence doesn't get you anywhere.

Media Matters - Rep. Paul Gosar shared white nationalist screed asking if Americans will be replaced with “foreigners who are more violent or less capable”

Gosar's people in their violent attack for Trump:

social

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"