Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party - - - - - Part 20

This really needs to become a countrywide trend. :)

If the turnout numbers are closer to that in November, Rs will lose the House. We probably won’t have a 41 seat pickup like in 2018 due to gerrymandering and voter suppression. But 10-20 seats are certainly possible.

If the turnout numbers are closer to that in November, Rs will lose the House. We probably won’t have a 41 seat pickup like in 2018 due to gerrymandering and voter suppression. But 10-20 seats are certainly possible.
Just as long as the Republicans lose the White House this year, too...

Just as long as the Republicans lose the White House this year, too...

I think Rs lose again. There’s a lot of bad pollsters out there and MSM wants a horse race because Biden is boring. They want more FDJT drama and late night mean tweets.

I think Rs lose again. There’s a lot of bad pollsters out there and MSM wants a horse race because Biden is boring. They want more FDJT drama and late night mean tweets.
Pollsters overestimated Republican gains in 2022 where Trump wasn’t on the ballot. And yeah there’s a bunch of new R pollsters that are more about propaganda than anything else.

The factor in 2024 is that a significant chunk of Trump’s supporters don’t care about voting in elections where his name is not on the ballot (hence Rs underperform in elections big and small where it is not) and in November 2024 it likely still will be.

Do you eat raw cookies dough when you bake?

Most people do.

This is just culture war BS meant to eradicate small farmers and replace them with Bill Gates and Monsanto.

Note that as recently as ten years ago, it was left-wing organizations and groups that advocated for organic farming, raw dairy, and farm-to-table over GMOs, Terminator seeds, etc.

The sellout to large capital continues.

I miss the authentic left.

Last edited:
Pollsters overestimated Republican gains in 2022 where Trump wasn’t on the ballot. And yeah there’s a bunch of new R pollsters that are more about propaganda than anything else.

The factor in 2024 is that a significant chunk of Trump’s supporters don’t care about voting in elections where his name is not on the ballot (hence Rs underperform in elections big and small where it is not) and in November 2024 it likely still will be.

Don’t forget the significant chunk of Haley R voters who made a protest vote months after she suspended her campaign. Either they’ll vote Biden or stay home.

Don’t forget the significant chunk of Haley R voters who made a protest vote months after she suspended her campaign. Either they’ll vote Biden or stay home.
I hope you're right. Whatever it takes for Biden to win, you know?

It will be interesting to see what happens to the GOP after Trump, in 2028. It's clear that many of them want to turn back the clock, to Bush and Romney.

Nobody knows the future, but one possibility is the GOP becomes a minority 40% party articulating Romney/Ryan/McConnell/Haley that only appeals to those brainwashed ideological idiots who think that Ayn Rand is a great philosopher.

Meanwhile, the Democratic party can then focus on being a right-wing permanent government party, with 55-60% support, it can push for more wars, torture, espionage, tax breaks and subsidies for hedge funds, high inflation that crushes the poor and minorities, and occasionally throw a symbolic bone to its left voter base by taking down a confederate monument, while supporting ongoing slavery internationally and even at home in the case of sex workers.

I don't see that as a desirable outcome, but it's definitely a possible one. I think it's the likely outcome if the GOP chooses to be irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"