Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the GOP should look at right wing parties in other Western Democracies. There are parties out there who believe in less government and lower taxes, who don't think the world is 6000 years old. :woot:

buncha phonies

;)

lol at this

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/artic...ld-have-focused-on-abortion-more-groups-recor

ELECTION 2012: Susan B. Anthony List Blames Losses on Inadequate Focus on Abortion; Their Record Proves Otherwise

The anti-choice political action arm of the Susan B. Anthony List invested considerable resources into influencing the presidential race in the final weeks of the campaign, hoping to eke out a win for Republican Mitt Romney. Instead, President Barack Obama was re-elected, a fatet they say rests solely on the shoulders of Romney for not bringing the abortion issue up more frequently.

According to Roll Call, SBA List President Marjorie Dannenfelser believed it was a "strategic error" of Romney's campaign not to highlight the candidates' differences on abortion more clearly.
"Voters overwhelmingly disagree with the extreme positions on abortion taken by President Obama and the Democrats. Mitt Romney, the Republican Party, and their Super PAC allies never highlighted this vulnerability, despite the fact that our polling of likely swing voters revealed it to be a persuasive line of argument. What was presented as discipline by the Romney campaign by staying on one message — the economy — was a strategic error that resulted in a winning margin of pro-life votes being left on the table."​

The Republicans deserve to be destroyed.

This is what they will do as a "lesson" from this election:

- continue nuthugging anti-abortionism
- continue nuthugging tax cuts for the rich
- kiss furious Latino ass and fail at it
- continue to demonize libertarians

In other words, prioritize abortion over god damn fiscal sanity. That's what conservatism in America means nowadays.

The Republicans deserve to be destroyed.

This is what they will do as a "lesson" from this election:

- continue nuthugging anti-abortionism
- continue nuthugging tax cuts for the rich
- kiss furious Latino ass and fail at it
- continue to demonize libertarians

In other words, prioritize abortion over god damn fiscal sanity. That's what conservatism in America means nowadays.

Toss in their obsession with increasing the defense budget, and we're at a consensus. Though I don't agree with them being destroyed. I want to see them restructure and come back strong, rather than just go away.

I was watching Morning Joe one morning during the election, and Joe made the point that Romney's hard right ideals were more caricatures of conservatism, but not actually true conservatism. You can't say you're fiscally sound when you refuse to cut a deficit reduction deal because you refuse to get rid of tax breaks, while wanting to increase already bloated budgets. I do give it to the Republicans for wanting to talk budget more than the Democrats. However, they're even more stuborn on their golden cows than the Dems. Atleast the Dems are willing to talk Medicare. The Reps are so beholden to Norquist that talking tax hikes is sacrilege.

I dont like the two party system, but a one party system is even worse. :dry:

The Republicans need to change their platform. There is nothing wrong with espousing religious views, but they cant harp on them as they do. It turns people off. They should promote financial conservatism and smaller government but they cant just pander to old white people. The 1950s are gone and they aint coming back.

The 1950s are gone and they aint coming back.

This sort of reminds me of the Republican National Convention, every person got on stage as was talking about the Good Ol' Days(when they had to walk uphill both ways to get to school), it just started to get comical

Well to be fair, the 1950's were awesome.

If you were a white, straight, Protestant male. And that's basically 80% of Republicans.

Minority growth has dramatically increased. I saw an article that said the last 16 years saw more growth in minority populations than the last 60 before it. You guys are right, white males alone will no win anyone an election anymore. It will help of course, but not be the sole deciding factor. The latino, and black vote really helped Obama get relected. At the same time, our politicians should never have been only pandering to one demographic in the first place anyway (talking idealistically where we treat everyone equally). The population shift is going to force Republicans to take a look at their stances on several issues, like women's rights, and immigration, if they want to stay relevant. There are minorities out there that want to vote Republican, they're just not being given much reason to.

The biggest problem for them is the religious right / Tea Party.

They did more damage to them in this election than anything the Democrats could throw at them.

Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock cost them two seats in the senate because they couldn't stop talking about rape and God.

The Republican party will be going through a big transition within the next couple of decades, whether they like it or not.

Once old hardcore white guys finally start dying off.

BTW, apparently the Republican pundits on some Cable News shows are talking up Jeb Bush as a possible Nominee for the party in 2016. Yeah, because that's really going to win over the 53% of voters who said in the National Exit Polls that George W. Bush was to blame for the current economic problems. Good grief. :whatever:

To be fair to Jeb, he's not much like his brother.

There are certainly worse choices... all of which we saw in 2012.

He's a moderate, and he could give the Republicans Florida and Texas. That alone should make him someone they should seriously consider.

I'm thinking Chris Christie will run and possibly get the nomination for 2016.

Last edited:
I can see Rubio, Brown, and Christie running in 2016.

There's also Scott Walker, Bobby Jindal and Nikki Haley.

Doubt Jeb will run, but he's actually not a bad choice, all things considered.

To be fair to Jeb, he's not much like his brother.

There are certainly worse choices... all of which we saw in 2012.

He's a moderate, and he could give the Republicans Florida and Texas. That alone should make him someone they should seriously consider.

Sure, Jeb Bush is not his brother, but don't underestimate the "guilt by association" angle that be used against him he was the Republican nominee. Not to mention, I'm not sure if the current political climate necessarily favors "political dynasty's" i.e. candidates from the same family virtually always in the running. Could change in the course of 4 years, though.

The other possible contenders you mention like Rubio, Christie, Walker, Jindal, etc. would be the far more likely and successful choices.

I think Jeb could get the latino vote up to 40%

Some like David Axelrod would kneecap him before he could even get up to that percentage.

He could then just trot out his latin wife.

On another note

http://www.politico.com/blogs/charl...en-west-it-aint-over-til-its-over-148860.html
Allen West: It ain't over til it's over

Basically West is calling for a recount. Probably good news, we can have something to laugh at next week when he loses, why get lost in all the shuffle of what happened last night. I wonder what are the odds he gets a job at FOX news

New thread means another new poll! It's a very honest question that many people are asking following the second straight general election loss. The exit poll breakdown suggests that the Republican party has a major problem with diversity. Can the GOP survive with a base that mainly consists of older, white voters? Do you feel the they need to be more inclusive? Do they need to evolve in their ideology? What do you think?

Please be sure to vote!

Last edited:
As far as the top of the ticket goes, the next nominee is gonna have to be less angry, more tolerant, and more optimistic in terms of a vision for the future. Truth be told,he's also gotta be a likeable guy. Charm goes a long way into reaching people who may not agree with you on all of the issues. The ironic thing is that Republicans seem to always tout Reagan as a model yet they always seem to ignore his positive stlye and message. I think the next Republican who has a clear and optimistic vision for a 21st century America, will be the next President.

It is scary how blunt the Republicans are being. Nobody is going to buy their stuff now that they are all literally saying "We need to try and appeal to black & latino voters". They are going to look phony.

They need a young Republican leader so badly. Someone who literally, as a person in times of feelings, beliefs, outlook, etc is different than the rest of the party. Rubio or Ryan suddenly becoming more moderate socially isnt going to cut it.

New thread means another new poll! It's a very honest question that many people are asking following the second straight general election loss. The exit poll breakdown suggests that the Republican party has a major problem with diversity. Can the GOP survive with a base that mainly consists of older, white voters? Do you feel the they need to be more inclusive? Do they need to evolve in their ideology? What do you think?

Please be sure to vote!

The Pack will need to do some soul searching to win the hearts and minds of this country...they WILLneed to evolve with the current seasons ahead:o

As far as the top of the ticket goes, the next nominee is gonna have to be less angry, more tolerant, and more optimistic in terms of a vision for the future. Truth be told,he's also gotta be a likeable guy. Charm goes a long way into reaching people who may not agree with you on all of the issues. The ironic thing is that Republicans seem to always tout Reagan as a model yet they always seem to ignore his positive stlye and message. I think the next Republican who has a clear and optimistic vision for a 21st century America, will be the next President.

:up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"