Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.mediaite.com/online/crea...ck-ofraudo-claiming-obama-stole-the-election/

Creator Of ‘Unskewed Polls’ Has New Website ‘Barack O’Fraudo’ Claiming Obama Stole The Election

In the final few months of the election, conservative blogger Dean Chambers created the website UnSkewedPolls, unskewing polls that he argued showed bias against the Republicans. The day after the election, Chambers admitted that he was wrong, but now he’s back with another website, this time claiming that President Obama and the Democrats stole the election.

Chambers’ new site, Barack O’Fraudo, claims that Obama only carried swing states Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Florida because of widespread voter fraud on the part of the Democrats. He writes that Democrats “are known for years for stuffing the ballot boxes” in specific counties in these states.

One of my pet peeves is people who just can't admit when they're wrong. :funny:

Speaking of great Republican ideas

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...lan-to-rig-the-2016-election-for-republicans/

Ohio’s GOP Secretary of State Already Has A Plan To Rig The 2016 Election For Republicans

Last year, Pennsylvania’s Republican Gov. Tom Corbett proposed rigging the Electoral College vote in his state through a plan that would have given the majority of the state’s electors to Romney even after President Obama carried the state. Under Corbett’s plan, the winner of each congressional district within Pennsylvania would receive a single electoral vote, and the overall winner of the state would receive an additional two electoral votes. Had this plan been in place last Tuesday, Mitt Romney would likely have won 13 of the state’s 20 electoral votes, despite losing the state overall by more than five points.

Corbett’s election-rigging plan died, largely because Republican members of Congress in Pennsylvania feared that it would cause the Obama campaign to shift resources into their districts and endanger their own chances of being reelected. Now, however, Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted (R)– who spent much of 2012 inventing ways to prevent pro-Obama votes from being cast or counted — wants to revive this election rigging scheme. According to the Ohio political blog Plunderbund,
Husted’s solution to this perceived problem of Democrats and the national media picking on him? He says we should make Ohio less important in the election by dividing up our electoral votes by Congressional district. This is huge and should raise giant red flags. Under the current winner-take-all system, Obama won all 18 of Ohio’s electoral votes. Under Husted’s plan, 12 of those 18 electoral votes would be handed to Mitt Romney, the popular vote loser.

Yeah, that's not rigging.

The states get to determine how Electoral Votes are given out. Three states give them out proportionally, not using winner-take-all. This is one of the proportional methods (can't remember if it's being used by those states, or if they do straight percentages). It gives each district the vote granted to it for each Representative. The two votes granted to the State for the senators is given through the winner-take-all method to represent the State's vote as a whole.

There's a good bit of support for methods like this because it breaks up the 'battleground' state situation, forcing candidates to focus on smaller, and more widespread, populations.

Yeah, that's not rigging.

The states get to determine how Electoral Votes are given out. Three states give them out proportionally, not using winner-take-all. This is one of the proportional methods (can't remember if it's being used by those states, or if they do straight percentages). It gives each district the vote granted to it for each Representative. The two votes granted to the State for the senators is given through the winner-take-all method to represent the State's vote as a whole.

There's a good bit of support for methods like this because it breaks up the 'battleground' state situation, forcing candidates to focus on smaller, and more widespread, populations.

It also makes everywhere but Cincinnati and Columbus pointless. I am guessing all the cash thrown into the state every 4 years is a economic boom for the state. But hey it helps the Republicans

you're talking about the old way, right?

What do you mean old way?

Basically if you divide the electoral votes by district it means there is like 12-13 of 16 congressional districts in Ohio that their is absolutely no point for either party to campaign in(ie pour money into). Added negative about this if the Democrats put more efforts into closer districts, they might win a couple more congressional house seats

no, it means the opposite.

Instead of being able to win a state by just catering to a couple of the larger population centers, candidates will have to win the actual districts.

And in a state like California, where most of the districts are actually red, it means that the Republicans can count on a good number of EC votes from here. It also means the Dems can't just focus their money on the big liberal urban centers like SF and LA that pull the state just from their sheer population size. They'll have to put money into the smaller districts, which can make the Republican spending in the big cities more effective.

Basically, it makes both sides work harder. Which is a good thing.

no, it means the opposite.

Instead of being able to win a state by just catering to a couple of the larger population centers, candidates will have to win the actual districts.

And in a state like California, where most of the districts are actually red, it means that the Republicans can count on a good number of EC votes from here. It also means the Dems can't just focus their money on the big liberal urban centers like SF and LA that pull the state just from their sheer population size. They'll have to put money into the smaller districts, which can make the Republican spending in the big cities more effective.

Basically, it makes both sides work harder. Which is a good thing.

Considering the red districts tend to have less population id rather it not go that way. Last thing I want is a bunch of rural low population areas ruling the election. And wouldnt gerrymandering be a problem?

Last edited:
Considering the red districts tend to have less population id rather it not go that way. Last thing I want is a bunch of rural low population areas ruling the election.

I agree, I am no fan of the electoral college and think the winner of the popular vote should be the overall winner, but splitting it by congressional districts is even worse then the electoral college, it makes small rural areas have more power. I believe 1 vote should = 1 vote no matter where it comes from

except doing it be district brings it close to a popular vote.

I get really tired of these people with no conception of or respect for separation of church and state trying to legislate morality based on their personal interpretation of their religion.

You can believe whatever values you want, but don't expect me to live by them.

Because frankly, I think your values are poison.

except doing it be district brings it close to a popular vote.

No it doesn't, as Marvelo pointed out if you have states gerrymandering the districts you would have cases like Ohio where Obama won the popular vote there by a decent margin(100k) but would lose the electoral votes(12-6) by a large margin. How is that fair? it's basically telling people in Cleveland that your vote is not worth as much as somebody who lives in a small rural area.

I am guessing if we broke up the entire country by 1 vote for congressional district(and any left over electoral vote goes to the winner of the state) Romney would win, even though he had 4M less votes. In terms of Electoral College vs Popular Vote it has only failed on 4 occasions, I am guessing the Congressional district split would have even a less of a success rate

Last edited:
I get really tired of these people with no conception of or respect for separation of church and state trying to legislate morality based on their personal interpretation of their religion.

You can believe whatever values you want, but don't expect me to live by them.

Because frankly, I think your values are poison.

I do think this is going to causes unprecedented problems though.

In the past, people disagreed, but they agreed on certain truths. That's out the window now.

Now, I know, you have some people who say that someone's views on science are irrelevant, but when you have people who claim that homosexuality is a sin, who pass civil rights legislation... you have a civil rights problem.

When you have people who think the world is 9,000 year olds, and that dinosaurs and people coexisted, you're going to have academic legislation written by the uneducated / miseducated, you have an educational problem.

When you have people who deny climate change exists... when entire cities start getting taken out by super hurricanes, you have one hell of a problem.

So this is quite problematic.

I will not accept my legal equality being constrained because someone else has a primitive mentality. Not my problem.

Stupidity is one of the few things genuinely worthy of being ashamed of, and the fact that some wear it loudly and publicly like a badge of honor should horrify any American.

These rabble have been holding this country back for ages now.

Probably the funniest thing about his arguments for Ohio and Florida is that both state's elections are run by REPUBLICAN Secretaries of State. You would think that would have nudged thing in Romeny's favor, wouldn't you?

It also makes everywhere but Cincinnati and Columbus pointless. I am guessing all the cash thrown into the state every 4 years is a economic boom for the state. But hey it helps the Republicans

I think "winner take all" is the only way to go.

Lol i just mean moving with socially acceptable standards and morals and adhering to the known scientific facts of the time. You know, the opposite of antiquated ass backwardness.

Tho i would like to know why you connect progressiveness with quakers who unless memory fails are not considered progressive.
Oh they are and it's more complicated than that. Taking the god out of religion doesn't make you any less creepier and zealot like.

I think "winner take all" is the only way to go.

I think popular vote is the way to go

Let 1 vote in San Fransisco = 1 vote in Columbus = 1 vote in some small rural town in Alabama.

As it stands now only 1 vote of the 3 I mentioned means anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"