Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this on Colbert today

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/nati...sharia-tennessee-capitol-go-down-drain/63517/

imjlo6.jpg

Fears of Creeping Sharia at the Tennessee Capitol Go Down the Drain

Tennessee lawmakers were relived to learn on Monday that a new sink in the state capitol, pictured above, is for the custodial staff to wash their mops and not, in fact, a special bath for Muslims to wash their feet before prayer, according to The Associated Press.

The near-panic began when the new sink was unveiled, one of several upgrades made to the building during a recent round of renovations. Its proximity to the ground was intended to make it easier for custodial staff to fill and empty wash buckets, as well as clean mops. But, the AP's Eric Schelzig reports, State Sen. Bill Ketron, saw another more troubling (to him) possibility:
Senate Clerk Russell Humphrey said he had been approached by two lawmakers to inquire about a new basin, which replaced a utility sink that had been mounted higher on the wall.
State Sen. Bill Ketron said he had asked about the change after being approached about it by a fellow Republican, Rep. Judd Matheny. Ketron said the answer dispelled any potential concerns, while Matheny said he couldn't recall raising questions.

I am guessing next you will tell us about that scary Black Panther dude sitting outside a polling station intimidating people(Fox's favorite story on Election day with "breaking news"). Here is the truth of that story. basically he is standing outside a old age home in a heavily black district so if he is their to try put fear into people, it would be Democrats. The polling station gets roughly 600 votes every election.

How scary he opens the door for the old lady(58 seconds in)

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2012/11/new-black-panthers-give-fox-news-early-christmas-gift

they don't scare me they would never even step foot in my nj town but if the the kkk did what the new black panther party did in 2008 the justice department would have had no issue sending them off to prison for what was done in 2008 but since the new black panther party helped get obama votes nothing was done they and get a free ride .

Last edited:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...ssible_that_barack_obama_won_100_percent.html

Actually for the most part other then a couple way out places(say like Comedian Bill Maher who will find any reason to attack all religions) Mitt's faith wasn't touched upon and left alone. Most the time I did see it brought up it was in the sense how would Evangelicals take to him in the Republican primary. Now Obama on the other hand, depending on what day of the week it was he was either a Muslim or Secular Atheist if you go by the right wing blog world.

its funny that you put up a link about if romney lost it was because it was stolen when if romney would have won the media would have said it was the tagg romney machines that hijacked the 2012 election and come on many people like piers morgan lawrence o donnell were the many among the many critics of the mormon faith and lets not forget anti mormon bigot al sharpton who bashed romney for his mormonism in 2007 and who by the way looked like a man on a mission by the way trashed willard for everything 5 days a week at 6 pm during the last election .

Last edited:
@Gotham's Knight
in 2008 obama said if you don't have record to run on you paint your opponent into something people should run from and boy did he paint romney as an out of touch rich guy who was going to raise taxes on the middle class and obama turned around gave NASCAR and Hollywood a tax break but rose taxes on the middle class after his fiscal cliff deal was passed mitt would have never done that since romney signed the tax pledge .

Last edited:
they don't scare me they would never even step foot in my nj town but if the the kkk did what the new black panther party did in 2008 the justice department would have had no issue sending them off to prison for what was done in 2008 but since the new black panther party helped get obama votes nothing was done they and get a free ride .

Well if we go on the theory that the Black Panthers are scary people who will scare people away from voting

+

the polling station they were at was a huge Democrat hotspot that had alot of minorities(Bush only got 24 votes for instance)

=

Then wouldn't in theory if they scared people away, it would have more likely been Democrat voters? So couldn't we argue they were trying to screw it for the Democrats by proxy.

Well if we go on the theory that the Black Panthers are scary people who will scare people away from voting

+

the polling station they were at was a huge Democrat hotspot that had alot of minorities(Bush only got 24 votes for instance)

=

Then wouldn't in theory if they scared people away, it would have more likely been Democrat voters? So couldn't we argue they were trying to screw it for the Democrats by proxy.

focus on 2008 when they hurled racial slurs toward white people and threatened violence inside a polling place not even the former campaign manager for Robert F. Kennedy was able to avoid being threatened had they not done that to anybody nobody would care where they go or what they do on election day and if minorities voted for mitt romney in 2012 in front of the new black panther party i could just imagine the blowback .

Last edited:
hillary and obama had a dog fight primary in 2008 but nothing affected the obama biden ticket but when romney and rick who earned the anti mormon vote went back and forth until mitt drove rick out of the race because romney was going to win rick's home state pa .
2008 was a year where no Republican had a chance of winning unless John Edwards or Dennis Kucinich won the nomination. Republicans had a chance in 2012 if they had the right candidate as nominee, but they didn't have that man.

how does anyone know if those people were even registered voters at all ? i have never heard of anyone getting 100 percent in precincts outside of the primary's it is just odd just like how romney won N.C but lost every other battle ground state .
Are you serious? Obama is a bad President, but not everything surrounding him is some kind of conspiracy. Romney lost the battlegrounds because he got blindsided, he took states like Florida, Colorado, and Virginia for granted. He could never get a firm foothold in Nevada. And he just couldn't get enough traction in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.

Yeah, it sucks that circumstances played out that Obama won a second term. But the guy won fair and square and democracy has to be respected.

2008 was a year where no Republican had a chance of winning unless John Edwards or Dennis Kucinich won the nomination. Republicans had a chance in 2012 if they had the right candidate as nominee, but they didn't have that man.

Are you serious? Obama is a bad President, but not everything surrounding him is some kind of conspiracy. Romney lost the battlegrounds because he got blindsided, he took states like Florida, Colorado, and Virginia for granted. He could never get a firm foothold in Nevada. And he just couldn't get enough traction in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.

Yeah, it sucks that circumstances played out that Obama won a second term. But the guy won fair and square and democracy has to be respected.

jon huntsman , mitt romney and ron paul were the only 3 who could have been matched up in a race with obama and the party picked mitt oh and you mean the same florida that it took 2 day's to call ?, and gary johnson hurt romney in nevada .

Last edited:
Obama isn't a bad President. His administration thus far in many ways has been a lot like W's. There is only so much the President can do. "The buck stops here" it is obvious BS.

Obama's legacy, right now, is highly inconclusive. Progress in many areas is outright ignored, while fairly explainable failures are held against him. How he is remembered, we will have to see. He has 3 1/2 more years to do work.

Obama isn't a bad President. His administration thus far in many ways has been a lot like W's. There is only so much the President can do. "The buck stops here" it is obvious BS.

Obama's legacy, right now, is highly inconclusive. Progress in many areas is outright ignored, while fairly explainable failures are held against him. How he is remembered, we will have to see. He has 3 1/2 more years to do work.

Bush says thank you for that statement.....:o

oh you mean the same florida that it took 2 day's to call ,
After the 2000 debacle, Florida has always been slow to call. They don't want to call it too early because Florida is split into two time zones, calling it early cost Bush a lot of votes in 2000. But the results were showing that Obama essentially blindsided the Romney campaign with much heavier African-American turnout than expected and an increase in Florida's Puerto Rican and Mexican populations helped the Latino vote go in Obama's favor.

garry johnson hurt mitt in nevada .
Gary Johnson got 1.08% in Nevada. Compare that to Romney's 45.68% and Obama's 52.36%. Gary Johnson didn't affect **** in Nevada. If Romney got all of the less than 2% of votes that went to other candidates, he still would have lost Nevada.

The Democrats really couldn't hope for better. The Republican Party is in total disarray right now. They're as far to the right as they have ever been, with the Tea Party scaring the hell out of moderates. The country's demographics are changing radically (2012 was apparently a wake up call).

Unless the Democrats screw up (and that's quite likely), the Republicans need a hail mary to win the next election. Voter ID laws just ain't gonna do it.

The Democrats really couldn't hope for better. The Republican Party is in total disarray right now. They're as far to the right as they have ever been, with the Tea Party scaring the hell out of moderates. The country's demographics are changing radically (2012 was apparently a wake up call).

Unless the Democrats screw up (and that's quite likely), the Republicans need a hail mary to win the next election. Voter ID laws just ain't gonna do it.

When you've got Glen Beck and Bill O'Reilly supporting or no longer attacking gay marriage, you know you've scared the **** out of the right.

Oreilly isn't surprising. Beck...

After the 2000 debacle, Florida has always been slow to call. They don't want to call it too early because Florida is split into two time zones, calling it early cost Bush a lot of votes in 2000. But the results were showing that Obama essentially blindsided the Romney campaign with much heavier African-American turnout than expected and an increase in Florida's Puerto Rican and Mexican populations helped the Latino vote go in Obama's favor.

Gary Johnson got 1.08% in Nevada. Compare that to Romney's 45.68% and Obama's 52.36%. Gary Johnson didn't affect **** in Nevada. If Romney got all of the less than 2% of votes that went to other candidates, he still would have lost Nevada.

gore never lead bush in any recount bush won that fair , FL did not have to wait as long in 2004 , 2008 as they did in 2012 and nevada has a history of rigged of elections many people say reid stole the election in 2010 .

Last edited:
Bush says thank you for that statement.....:o

I defended W during his presidency a lot. Just the era we live in I suppose. Haters gonna hate, and for the first time - thanks to the internet - haters have a real platform.

Romney lost in swing states because the undecided voters didn't believe in him. If he ran as the gov of MA, he wouldn't have won the nomination, but the general election would have been tighter. For example, Romney could have scored major points if he had just stuck his neck out on ONE issue.

If he had said "cry me a damn river, I was the governor of the first state to legalize gay marriage. I was the governor of the first state to have universal healthcare. And I stand by them. Don't say I am some unreasonable republican, that is BS". If he had done that, Romney really could have won. He wouldn't have seemed like a Bush clone. But instead, MR's campaign played right into the Obama campaigns message saying Romney would be just like Bush, who everyone hated.

Last edited:

marco rubio will untouchable in 2016 the democrats better watch out :word: .

Romney's "inauthenticity" was a serious problem. It's one thing to be a moderate Republican. But to be a moderate Republican, and then to do a 180 on all your political positions to appeal to the increasingly far-right base of your party in a national election?

That's a disaster. Combine that with no charisma, changing demographics, and all the other problems associated with the Republican Party (their problems with minorities for example), and you have why Romney lost.

2012 and nevada has a history of rigged of elections many people say reid stole the election in 2010 .

The only way Reid stole the election was by goating Republican primary voters into voting for Sharron Angle and having them actually bite on it so he had an easy win for his seat.

MccAskill in Missouri basically did the same thing by putting out a bunch of "attack" ads against Akin stating the truth(that he was just to conservative), of coarse for Missouri Republican primary voters that was a war cry if she thinks he is too conservative he must be a good candidate.

One has to wonder if Akin would have won if the Republican establishment hadn't thrown him under the bus.

Probably not.

Romney's "inauthenticity" was a serious problem. It's one thing to be a moderate Republican. But to be a moderate Republican, and then to do a 180 on all your political positions to appeal to the increasingly far-right base of your party in a national election?

That's a disaster. Combine that with no charisma, changing demographics, and all the other problems associated with the Republican Party (their problems with minorities for example), and you have why Romney lost.

like i said before marco rubio will be untouchable in 2016 so what is the party's so called problems with minorities ?

Last edited:
One has to wonder if Akin would have won if the Republican establishment hadn't thrown him under the bus.

Probably not.

I am guessing not. She beat him by like 15%(although there was a 3rd party Libertarian guy running who got 6%). If they didn't throw him under the bus I am guessing he would have tightened the gap a bit(and maybe got a larger portion of the votes from the Libertarian guy who I am guessing a got a decent amount of I don't want to vote for either votes) but I don't see him getting all 15%

This ad just makes me laugh that McCaskill ran during the Republican Primaries

It breaks all the rules of "attack" ads. It has nice cheery music, vibrant color, doesn't find terrible pictures of Akin and basically her message is hey far right Republicans, this guy loves everything you do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"