Discussion: The Spread of Fascism/Theocracy/Authoritarianism

Steve Bannon is a committed Accelerationist and is a danger to democracy.

Like many Accelerationists his goal is to destroy and undermine democracy worldwide as he believes that society should be organized around authoritarian principles involving supremecy, oligarchy, and theocracy. He is a dangerous person who is facilitating disinformation and grooming of marginalized people to further his political ideology.

The extremist philosophy that’s more violent than the alt-right and growing in popularity
I suppose he wants it because he assumes he will be in the party with the power. I wonder how he would feel if it was someone else calling the shots with him on the outs. Not as much fun then.

I suppose he wants it because he assumes he will be in the party with the power. I wonder how he would feel if it was someone else calling the shots with him on the outs. Not as much fun then.

The leaders of doomsday cults always seem to have this blind spot where they believe that, after the apocalypse, they'll still be alive to take power. Historically this never seems to be true but they keep believing that "this time" it'll be different.

The leaders of doomsday cults always seem to have this blind spot where they believe that, after the apocalypse, they'll still be alive to take power. Historically this never seems to be true but they keep believing that "this time" it'll be different.
Somebody always wants to be the boss, that power sharing would be the worst thing to happen to them. Aggregates me to no end. :rolleyes:

NY Times - Paul Pelosi Attack Suspect Tells TV Station He Has No Remorse
The man accused of assaulting the husband of former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi made a disturbing surprise phone call to the station on Friday, the same day footage of the attack was made public.
The man accused in the attack of Paul Pelosi, the husband of the former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, made a disturbing surprise phone call to a California television station on Friday and said that he had no remorse about his actions last October. He suggested that he regretted not causing more harm.

The man, David DePape, who has been charged in the attack against Mr. Pelosi, called a reporter for KTVU from his San Francisco County Jail cell on Friday and said that he was only “sorry I didn’t get more of them.” The station is a Fox affiliate in the Bay Area.

His remarks to the reporter, Amber Lee, who said on-air that the statements sounded scripted, came on the same day that a San Francisco court released police body camera footage showing the frenzied moment of the attack. The call to Ms. Lee was unexpected, the station reported, but Ms. Lee had previously reached out to him following his arrest last year.

The body camera footage shows that when officers approached the couple’s San Francisco home in the early hours of Oct. 28, they found the assailant and Mr. Pelosi standing calmly, each with a hand on a large hammer.

After officers demanded that the hammer be dropped, Mr. DePape wrested control of it, raised it above his head and slammed it into Mr. Pelosi’s skull.

It was an extraordinary depiction of a brutal act of political violence, which stemmed from an attempt to abduct Ms. Pelosi, who at the time was second in line to the presidency. Mr. Pelosi spent six days in a San Francisco hospital and underwent surgery for a skull fracture.

Those poor people. Sudan has been struggling for a long time. :(

Reuters - Turkey's Erdogan cancels election rallies for health reasons
Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan canceled his scheduled campaign rallies on Wednesday and Thursday for health reasons, weeks before May 14 presidential and parliamentary elections.
The elections represent the biggest electoral challenge for modern Turkey's longest-serving leader, after a cost-of-living crisis eroded Erdogan's support. Opinion polls show Erdogan could lose after two decades in power.

Hopefully there will be a smooth transition to their next administration.

I don't see the fighting in Sudan stopping any time soon. :(

Erdogan getting back in is a disaster.

Did he win?
Sorry, no not quite yet, but he won nearly half the votes which is a big shame after Turkey experienced 20 years under him. It will go to a second round but I imagine he will now be favourite after looking like he was going out before these votes were cast. :csad:

Sorry, no not quite yet, but he won nearly half the votes which is a big shame after Turkey experienced 20 years under him. It will go to a second round but I imagine he will now be favourite after looking like he was going out before these votes were cast. :csad:
That stinks. I thought for sure he'd lose quickly. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"